Why I am giving bad reviews/not donating. (sorry)

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Why I am giving bad reviews/not donating. (sorry)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

This is a point I came to before slightly. I don’t think it’s bad to target players because they’re new, but I do think it should be against the ToS for players to constantly call other players bad words over and over. I am not repeating these words purposely, but there are others who use racism, sexism, and other real world issues in order to propagate hatred throughout the game.

If the admin truly wants to keep this game sandbox, that’s fine. If he wants it 100% player run, that’s fine. If he wants a lawsuit coming his way when a player tells another player to slit their throat because they suck at this game and their parents don’t love them, then that’s fine too.

If this game wants to start going further then it needs to have a definitive set of in-game rules laid out in order to protect the OWNER OF THE GAME from at least some form of legal action. Right now somebody could sue the heck out of the owner if they truly wanted to do so.

Polar Bear

Well Cendrilion I don’t know about that kind of legal stuff I tend to say away from that kind of thing. As for Racism /sexism/ whateverism I file that under extreme trash talk and Yea I can see someone getting PKed for that. What if the person doing it is the highest lvl on the server tho? Not that I am saying they would or did but trash talking is trash talking at the end of the day. a Finite amount of time and energy is spent on this game to improve it. As for making it a good game the dev has left part of the work to the players to make it that way and I can see them doing their best to do so. However having said that to explain what I am trying to do goes all the way back to Ver 1 of Ultima online, you wanna talk about old west style death street execution there were a lot of problems back then. People ran amok in droves, and yet there were some people who just did not care and things got crazy and stayed that way for a long time. Tried and true methods came out of that and set standards for most online RPG’s today , heck most slang used in games today came from UO and neverwinter. I am not saying that I am all knowing, and I understand this game has had time to develop new ways to do things and for all I know they work way better. Having said that I do try to show ways of doing things that I know have worked not only curb trolls and griefers but also reform them into productive players. Of course this does not work for everyone but it DOES work. I also know that the more the dev makes from this game the more time he has to improve it. So in some small way the players have to take it upon themselves to do whatever they feel they have to to try to make this the best experience possible so this game thrives in the gaming world today. It is a very competitive market and sandboxes are not as popular as they once were. I look at this from a business perspective (even tho I don’t like legal mumbo jumbo) But this has the potential to be a very large game someday. maybe not for another 2-3 years because the servers are still kinda small and population has a rather small number but with patience understanding and growth that will change sooner or later. Ultimately tho the job rests with the players as much as the dev on this matter IMO.

Skeleton

@Cendrilion it’s something they’re aware of but appointing mods is tricky – who watches the mods?

I consider myself the perfect candidate but pretty sure no one else would agree :p

All the ‘your mother’ stuff thst floats about is just sad. Malefic in particular though is always spouting bile about autism and retards.

Wolf

Arlock. Why you were killed was compleatly acceptable in our community on east. You just didnt want to take ressponsibility for what you did.

On another note. I would like to see citys that are only able to be built in depending on your reincarnation level. Would be awesome.
    And depending on your reincarnation level you wont beable to attck in some citys.
    Love the game. Just threw u guys 25 hope it helps.

Swiifo

Lvl 104 SEAsia
    Goblin

When you speak your mind, make sure you’re a high enough level first.

Polar Bear

MightyMicro, you might have missed some of the earlier thread, IDC about PK and actually I was not PK’ed until way after the point of not caring anymore. What was so wrong in my eyes is the players who chose to ignore and talk things out so they would not escalate. Pk, it’s a game and it is part of it. I know that. but a whole group targeting 1 person because of a possible misunderstanding and then targeting someone trying to speak up for them. It should not matter if I was lvl 1 or 410. Fact is there is a thing called gaming etiquette, and these are a clear violation of proper manners. you don’t just PK anyone you deem to be ignorant, kill’em once fine just for being stupid I get it. but then continuing it? com’on, and yea he would not shut up either but both sides are to blame for that. instigation from taunts (I broke your stuff ha,ha) of course it is going to get a rise from someone who was just PK’ed and brand new at the game. it was clearly a trap set by a bully and a high lvl one at that. As for me taking responsibility I did apologize to those who had to see me upset in global and even to Iurkandji in PM for things I said at a time I was not thinking clearly, also to a few others as well come to think of it. yes yes I DO take responsibility for my actions but I will not ask forgiveness and apologize for trying to help someone.

Now back to me being killed. well fact is I was already well past done with the server when that happened. By that time I was trying to find somewhere for Lalit but after the way the server treated her for just associating with me.(witch continues to show bullying cause that is targeting Innocent for no reason except being friends with the accused.) she left the server too. and I know she did not say anything.

For the last time and heck it is in my review IDC about me being pk’ed or even trash talked but clear examples of bullying will sure as anything else make me upset and I may not be high lvl but I have a voice and not afraid to use it. That is not a threat it is a promise.

Polar Bear

on a side note I do thank the dev and site mods for not closing or deleting this thread. I know some people think I am trying to troll or even discredit the game overall, but I am not. if anything I am simply stating a problem that is in need of being addressed by a rational perspective. It may get me a lot of hate but I will gladly accept that if things improve even just a little bit for people who have yet to even try this wonderful game.

Cold1

Lvl 64 USTexas
    Goblin

For people who have yet to even try the game? Well that’s the problem isint it? Y’all get on don’t even try and automatically go to forums to make a “suggestion” because u died. Instead of enjoying the game and keeping a note to your self that I’mma get strong enough to kill that guy one day. Don’t give me the new players can’t compete with the ones who have been on server for a while card because I’ve personally created an alt and been able to pk everyone on server besides like 5 people in 2 weeks. You say there’s a problem with a group of players targeting someone and no solution but there is. You simply create your own group (tribe) and enjoy the war. I’ve been targeted as a noob raided 3 times and not once did it make me discouraged or think man this game needs an update to protect me.. fast forward to now and most those players have quit or couldn’t touch me. I’ve been KOS by the whole server twice. They couldn’t touch me then either, even tho alot of them could kill me. Your only needing these “safe zones” because you don’t understand this game because you never tryed to.. you went straight to our forums to complain.

Enjoy using your voice while those who actually checked out the game enjoy our MACE.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  Cold1.

Wolf

@arlock. I compleatly agree with what your saying. Honestly i wish the situation with you happend diffrently. I enjoyed having you on our server. But what im saying is and this is off your 1st post. In the realm of useast why you were kos was compleatly o.k. i may disagree with it. But in the server it is compleatly o.k. what happend to you.
    Maybe i have ready this wrong and come off wrong.
    I think the issue of higher levels obliterating lower levels because of minut offences will destroy this game. A game that i really really enjoy and i would like to see the dev team try to do something to fix it without changing the game to derasticly.
    If you agree support my post

Suggestion.

Cold1

Lvl 64 USTexas
    Goblin

I support the idea of higher lvls leaving low lvls alone but not your idea in the link @ bottom. I also encourage top players on my server to let the low lvls handle there business. If someone is raiding killing trash talking I personally love it. lf they not lvl 60+ I let the other new guys clean em up if they can if they can’t we got a new mid lvl on the rise! Problem is there’s not really away to fix this. High lvls need the ability to kill low lvls or alts for many reasons. For example you got a low lvl tribe all a sudden hammering down your walls. USE rules are very weird since they expect you to enjoy only half the game. If you want a free server that’s almost new come to UST, you will die here and people will try to raid you but that will happen in every server and if you don’t like that then this probably isn’t the game for you.

Skeleton

I love that reincarnation access idea @MightyMicro.
    Maybe not as a city but a zone with more dangerous mobs. Or enhanced skill gear requiring it. Thact ould be awesome.

Polar Bear

:For people who have yet to even try the game? Well that’s the problem isint it? Y’all get on don’t even try and automatically go to forums to make a “suggestion” because u died. Instead of enjoying the game and keeping a note to your self that I’mma get strong enough to kill that guy one day. Don’t give me the new players can’t compete with the ones who have been on server for a while card because I’ve personally created an alt and been able to pk everyone on server besides like 5 people in 2 weeks. You say there’s a problem with a group of players targeting someone and no solution but there is. You simply create your own group (tribe) and enjoy the war. I’ve been targeted as a noob raided 3 times and not once did it make me discouraged or think man this game needs an update to protect me.. fast forward to now and most those players have quit or couldn’t touch me. I’ve been KOS by the whole server twice. They couldn’t touch me then either, even tho alot of them could kill me. Your only needing these “safe zones” because you don’t understand this game because you never tryed to.. you went straight to our forums to complain.

Enjoy using your voice while those who actually checked out the game enjoy our MACE.:

Ok PeaceandDags have you even READ my posts? I can’t count how many times I have said this is NOT about me being PKed. As for me saying there is no solution there IS solutions but the problem is they refuse to try and listen to ideas that may help not only in short term but long term as well. that is my opinion not a fact I understand this and it is what I have been trying to say this entire time. As I said in my review I am to busy IRL to waste my time doing things I don’t enjoy and grind for 2-3 weeks (or longer) to get to a lvl in the game where I can personally make a difference so yes I do go to the forums to make a change if it works or not I can at least say I tried everything I know to try to do the best I can for this game.

Kazul

Lvl 248 USEast
    Goblin

No matter what server you decide to play on. If you kill one of the top tribes members and break their stuff. You’re not gonna have a good time. Quit trying to act like it would have been different anywhere else or on any other PvP game.

Polar Bear

Kazul I am not saying it is ok but there is better solutions than just Pk and destroy everything the char has done especially if they have been on the server less than a couple days. On top of that instigating and irritating problems only causes more problems. However talking about it as equals works a lot better than (well your new so you will never be as good as us so just get lost) or trying to make excuses for how you act (ptsd) or even try and throw out (well I am a veteran so there) you never know who is on the other side of the monitor you have to respect them as if they are standing before you in a nice restaurant and getting ready to sit down to dinner after a long day at work. not acting like children on recess in kinder garden. If you had bothered to respect new players at ALL and talk before deciding they are not worth the time of day and get to know you would not have lost so many good players for USEast server. That is just my opinion on the matter. You decide for yourself if your actions were right or wrong in the end.

Polar Bear

Yes it is just a game I like the PK part of it, trash talking is part of the game too. I don’t want to get rid of all of this. but I do want to get rid of bulling. There is plenty of ways to make PVP fun not just for winners but losers too. If I lose I don’t mind that is the game. Now you say yourself you hunt down people making racist / sexist remarks right I respect that. well you take it upon yourself to do that I just choose to stand up to what i call bullying. You may not like thinking it is possible because of some kind of high lvl power trip or thinking you are taking the moral high ground because (it’s just a game deal with it) there is some people who have real problems with it. if you PK someone as part of the game I have no problem, but if you target someone who is not even a threat to you because of sheer spite and hate well then yes I do have a problem with it. especially when it continues on Global chat instigating and acting all high and mighty not just you but tux too -(your lucky you got off with just a PK and us trashing your house/ Oh that item I trashed it you should thank me) . guess what? That is not trash talk that is bullying.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Why I am giving bad reviews/not donating. (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.