Why I am giving bad reviews/not donating. (sorry)

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Why I am giving bad reviews/not donating. (sorry)

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Iroh

Lvl 43 SEAsia
    Penguin

Wow, just gone done reading the entirety of this thread and I gotta say… it’s ridiculous. Arlock, you’re taking this way too serious. Trash talk, PvP, random PK’s (afaik wasn’t even random in this case), raids. It’s the name of the game. If the PKing isn’t what upset you and it’s verbal bullying or something then that is what /ignore player is for. If you can’t handle you and your friend getting raided then this game isn’t for you. You keep pointing out how you’re some old and wise gamer and even mention your supposedly high IQ but forgive me for doubting all of that because this post seems really childish to me. Despite the title of this post, throughout it you say what a wonderful game this is and that you even like the PK part of it. Make up your mind? If you really just wanted to give suggestions on how you think the game can be changed for the better in your opinion to offer more protection for lower level players or whatever it is you’re upset about then you could have gone about this differently. I’m pretty sure there’s a section in the forum for that.

Skeleton

This is the section in the forum for that :p

Just a misnomer to grab some attention.

Jusr

Lvl 10 USWest
    Wolf

Its in the game.
    I got raided several times and yes i dont like the raiders.But i dont quit because i want to see these raiders die by my hand.

Polar Bear

Maybe your right iroh. If there is a spot for this topic PLZ feel free to drop a link. I would be happy to move this there. As for taking this seriously it is because I have seen to many games fall apart over small issues like this that people just wave off. casual or serious it is a problem. If nothing else I am a man of my word. I say what I will do and come heat or high water I do it. I may sound hypercritical and I have been accused of that before by others but lets just say I have a history of witnessing these kinds of things and just plain sick and tired of it. I know it won’t ever be gone no mater how much I push it. it will always be a problem. I have helped people see these things and learn from it. After all I don’t really care if anyone believes anything I say, I won’t go to great lengths to prove any of it. Your just going to have to believe when I tell you this is a topic I am very passionate about. I will continue playing tho. If only to give other people a chance to show that everything is not like what happened on USEast, even they said it was a bit of a rare event. I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill but examples must be made. Otherwise it will continue just as bad as before and no one will try to improve the attitude toward new ideas.

Turtle

So I came to see what the commotion is. Am not disappointed.

As my friend has just said “sounds like he (Arlock) wants everyone else to shut up while he keeps talking and does what he wants” I laughed so hard.

You say you want everyone to bury the hatchet and yet here is this multi page forum with you in the centre of it. Maybe lead by example? It’s a common theme amongst a lot of grieving people, they just can’t let it go.

If you’d have let this go when it began and moved on, I highly suspect there’d be no qualms or problems. But instead your logic is “look at me, I need all the attention”

I know you, alrock, won’t listen to reason so why bother. But I’m kinda like you where I like to blurt out every word that comes across my mind. So here I am blurting. 😂

Polar Bear

Now I said I would hang around and answer comments on this forum Mrticklebutt. I did not ask people to comment, I did not say LOOK HERE. I am simply explaining What I have ever tried to do. If people want to know then I will be happy to say. Yes I do like to hear other peoples side as well. I did very hard to try and end things early. It was not my fault it was thrown back at me and scoffed at. I did not ask to be put on trial for my point of views. As it was the case I don’t (bump) or try to attract attention of any kind. It is everyone’s choice to come here and leave their views. If this forum dies in the next 5 seconds then I would be happy to let it be but as long as people comment and ask Q’s then I will continue to answer and explain to the best of my ability to do so. If the thread get’s locked deleted or removed or anything else I have no room to complain, but as it stands I am just responding to people wanting to know be it harsh words or support. I try to show I am not here for malice or hate simply to say why I feel the way I do about what happened. Nothing more, nothing less.

And before someone says I am trying to play the victim here it is. I MADE MISTAKES TOO PEOPLE I SAID BAD THINGS TO GOOD PEOPLE AS WELL. I also apologized for all except that I protected someone I felt might have been savable. I don’t claim to be a victim or a saint just someone who saw an injustice however small and yes got KoS for not shutting my mouth about it immediately. I waited almost a day to say something about it when someone asked me. and then was told to shut up about it again. guess what. I did not because there was people asking me about it. The things I said was horrible on global calling Kazul,Tuk, and pretty much all of that tribe jerks and bullies and words I don’t care to say again here. I was angry and upset but I do not apologize for feeling that way, I apologized for saying it on global but the apologies stop there. I will not say sorry for trying to help someone and attempt to set new ways of dealing with problem players.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

This thread has devolved quite a bit but I’m going to add my 2 cents and repeat something I’ve said before, on Texas, at least, it’s the wild west. When you start there is a VERY high likelihood that you will a) get killed b) get raided and c) there may or may not be any particular reason behind why this happened. How you react to these events has a MAJOR factor in what happens next, however. I had nothing and knew no one when I started. I was killed as a level 9 because I ran away from another level 9 who then told his level 40 buddy that I’d killed him. I briefly (privately and politely) informed to the level 40 that his friend was a liar and went back to what I was doing. I didn’t know whether responding was going to lead to more grief or not (not in this case) but I did know for sure that had I freaked out in a public manner that moving on would have been less of an option.

This was months ago, when Texas was purported as the worst server to join, yet, I hadn’t had much luck on a “better server” so I went because I figured it was all or nothing. In many regards I consider myself extremely lucky that things panned out the way that they did, but I also take some credit for being respectful, non-reactive, and thinking things through. There have been frustrating moments, there have been moments where we were bullied with cause, there have been moments where we were bullied without cause. And we picked up the pieces and moved on, every time, largely without fanfare. While it’s not for everyone, this game requires a certain amount of patience, whether that’s weathering a storm or gaining levels to take whatever revenge you have in mind down the road. Sometimes the only way to win is not to play. But sometimes you can play but win by NOT feeding into the madness and despair.

To each their own, but at no point did I considering giving the server or game a bad review over the completely within-bounds actions of others. At no point did I decide it was time to question the decisions of my leadership, or other tribes leadership, though we’ve all had some calm discussions about how things can be better/different. Whenever possible, I have tried to work things out with others verbally because that’s how things generally improve. When that fails, again, what you do with that failure matters, and you have to know when to drop it too. I feel like Arlock tried to talk it out, was shot down, and continued to press which led to irritation on multiple sides and him being chased off. Was the death of an ignorant player fair? Was him defending the noobiness of some person until they turned on him too fair? What the hell IS fair? It’s a game and with all games, people with power will often use that power to make decisions that are immediately beneficial to them and potentially not anyone else, or at least, not immediately understood by anyone else.

With all this said, I agree that it can be challenging to get a foothold in this game, especially if you are younger or lack patience, but it takes all kinds of people to make the game work. Some who are quiet, some who pve, some who pvp, some who are trolls, some who are bullies, etc. I think one solution would be to allow the new players a longer grace period, whether that’s in newbie village or another area that is non-pvp that you eventually level out of, possibly with housing so you have a chance to build up some resources. I also am fairly certain this solution would be abused and lead to an entirely new trolling front. So a better solution is to ask questions, learn from mistakes, brush the dirt off one’s shoulders, and try not to make those same mistakes again. Maybe on the same server if you didn’t dig too large a hole, maybe on a new server where you can get a fresh start with fresh people. No one should be penalized for having a voice, but, this isn’t real life and sometimes it doesnt pan out that way (if it was RL then the honey wouldn’t expire..) Admin has already made vast improvements on certain things to mitigate some of the frustrations new players find (infamy, road digging, tower griefing, etc> and I have every faith that things will improve as the game grows.

Polar Bear

Could not have said it better myself Paisley, TY for saying that. Your a gentleman/lady and a scholar.

Cold1

Lvl 64 USTexas
    Goblin

Lots of respect to you Paisley. I have made lots of mistakes in game and just now cleaned up my act besides the killing, you our a great member of the community.

+1 for grace period! If theres a way to keep them from killing or raiding.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  Cold1.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  Cold1.

Polar Bear

Well probably is not the best time to type this out. been drinking. I think I have said my piece pretty well in this forum. I ain’t got much else to say but I have no hard feelings for anyone and I never meant to make anyone angry….That bein said Mod dev. whoever. rap this thread up and stick a bow on it cause it’s done. just close it. There aint nothin more that can happen here that I think would be good for the community I think enough on this matter has been said and i am working on changing my review cause I am havin a lot of fun on the game on a new server. If I get tie and I think it is a maybe I will drop in east to see if we can finally put this behind us. if not. oh well I tried right? well before this gets too long I am gonna shut up g’night. peace out, da ti da ti that’s alll folks.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Why I am giving bad reviews/not donating. (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.