Suggestion: pve and pvp

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion: pve and pvp

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

I agree with Sleepyhead. I don’t know how East is but that is how things used to be on EU (there is one tribe of trolls and the server is having trouble to contain them) but even now it is not that bad. I also dont see the point in a pve server.

MIGHTMISS42o

Lvl 115 USEast2
    Polar Bear

1. I have died over and over again but that’s what makes PvP more rewarding. When u finally start getting the hang of it, when u face a real struggle and your goal is to overcome it.

2. Wellington is a place for peaceful casual players to live. The servers only have avout 100 players on each (if you lucky). Lets not split everyone up more.

3. Not that anyone cares, if pve servers are released I quit. I’m sure alot more will follow.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  MIGHTMISS42o.

Goblin

1. when you, dear xMichael, finally start getting the hang of it, you just might start to understand that this “get over it” and “man up” talk of yours does not get you one single step farther.
    1a) maybe because guys like you cry the most when this game gets a lil more fair, crying to get the gameplay set up back a few kilograms to your side of the scale? oooooh tooooowers nhoooooooooohooo! so OP! ooooh dogs ohoh dogs! nonono they are soooo OP!
    crybabies whole bunch of your griefers, able to do nothing else with this game than assassin on top of destruction while posting insulting comments when people remind that there are more features to this game than that poor 2 you know.
    1b) maybe because it is too visible how you guys are standing on shaking and shivering legs, crying in fear about the cannon fodder that might slip away from your hands.
    yeah dude. you are not entitled to this ass of mine so just back off and live with it that your weapon won’t touch me.

2. wellington is a place for players who enjoyed more contacts with griefers like you that they agreed upon. they had no chance to set up a pve setting worth its name for normal movement on the map and experienced what trying to make that character pixel live in this landscape between galesbrook desert and snow peaks means and realising that it just can’t because that is not what the current coding there is made for.

“let’s not split everyone up more” translates directly to “ah fuck what level 5 newbie am I supposed to murder tomorrow if you guys just keel slipping away!”
    oh sorry. so sorry for your loss.

3. pvp player digging into pk who lives his entire game life here repeating all over how their vicitims are supposed to shut up and man up to play this game how they can just leave if they are too weak for this…. then showing their crybaby side by threating admin “IF… then I will LEAVE”.

i am so incredibly thankful to you that you took your time, dear xMichael, and posted this your post above so we have an overview of your characteristics in just a few, quickly read lines.

Niconicolas

Lvl 56 SEAsia2
    Polar Bear

congratz for causing this amount of salt michael
    theres a difference between helping new players be safe, and giving end game players with millions of myst and easily carried lvl 5 alts with thousands of myst be able to make an unraidable base in wellington
    i dont know about u,but i wouldnt play in a server with 10 players
    raiding and killing are a core part of a sandbox game,im sad the admin decided to remove it by making something like wellington
    it seems like your post wasnt about the updates at all okapi, all u did was complain like a little kid about michael

MIGHTMISS42o

Lvl 115 USEast2
    Polar Bear

Dear Dev, if by any chance you are reading forum post. You have Probally noticed Okapis only trolling my forum post. He also trolls global chat. The forums are a place to be a little more peaceful and to express opinions. People who attack you like Okapi should be penalized or just removed from forums. I’m for absolute freedom inside game but players like this almost wish we had moderators to mute players that viscouolsy atk others an absurd ways. His job is almost done tho. Seems I can’t post anything on the forums without being bashed immediately.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  MIGHTMISS42o.

Goblin

dear dev,
    if by any chance you have noticed,
    the group so aggressively fighting to turn a charming game (touché btw) into a war area filled with aggressive behaviour, senseless griefing, filled with a sad color palette from cynism through sarcasm to outright hatred while thrashing people’s characters… has today attacked the person who started this exact thread so viciously that he was about to quit the game.

those people need boundaries.
    this cannot proceed.

if you ask me, between pve server and the other alternative: a real pvp/pve flag system the second one has chances to be an easier and quicker solution for the observable problems.
    maybe you could try it – test it on one server and see how it works? would such a step be possible?

begging for east2 to be the server for that test.

ArrowMonster

Lvl 46 USWest
    Turtle

The idea of a PvE server was already suggested. The issue is that removing PvP affects the balancing of things a lot. It might seem as simple as turning off PvP to some people but if Galebrook had no raiding and PvP it would devolve into a grief-fest.

Until someone can come up with an elegant and effective solution to having to basically balance two different versions of the game I don’t think there’s any chance of that becoming a reality.

Goblin

the idea that without pvp galesbrook would devolve into a grief-fest is one that I would describe as a cleverly bold one.

you know. I know. everyone reading this thread of forum or playing this game for at least a while knows that galesbrook is a grief fest NOW and we are searching for a solution for this.

I value interesting ideas but they should stick to the base at least with one wood tile.

plus, this suggestion develops. pve/pvp flag that deserves this name. then a pve server would not be needed.

calling for a test of this. calling for a test for a real pve/pvp flag on pls east2. (please!)

Polar Bear

A PVE server is just a complete joke, you want pve?

Go to fucking Wellington, will ya.

Dying 20 times back to back?

Atleast try to survive.

Anyway, simple solution here in 3 fucking easy steps.

1. Focus on the PVP aspect.
    2. Focus on PVE.
    3. Repeat.

For all the 20IQ airheads, don’t act like a retard on the forums.

Goblin

you pk guys are easily triggers, arent’ya?

first – maybe try to follow a forum thread before you post there.
    the idea developped further. naturally frightened pvp players are afraid their possible prey might run further away so they say better no new server.

alright -but a pve/pvp flag would solve this problem then. the prey would not be away then.
    just an a bit less easy prey than what you guys are used to.

you would have to fight more fights on your own levels.
    oh I know this outlook hurts, huh?
    you might have to face fights with opponents who are as well prepared for this as you.
    awwww that is not what you are used to, right?

shucks.

Polar Bear

[Removed by mod]

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  Kaylovespie. Reason: Personal attack

Goblin

[Removed by mod]

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  Kaylovespie. Reason: Keep thread on topic

Wolf

The further down i read the more it seems the argument has changed from “can we have a pve server please” to “eliminating pvp is bad for the game”… We are not asking that pvp be eliminated, all the existing pvp servers would still be there. What we are asking for is the option to choose whether or not we WANT to participate in pvp and having a pve dedicated server would guarantee us that choice.

The only people who will not benefit from this idea are the bullies who like to pick on players who are weaker than them because there will be fewer people who prefer to focus on the crafting aspect of the game to kill and raid. Instead they’ll be forced to work harder to get strong enough to “pick on someone their own size”

Pve only servers will not negatively affect the game, in fact i believe it would benefit the game greatly by attracting a wider range of player types. I support the original request of “can we have a pve server please”

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

Please do not split up servers or use that really dumb PVE flag idea that one person is pushing everywhere.

I am a famously peaceful player on my server and even I understand that the servers need both kind of players to stay balanced. And no, I am not just suggesting this so the strong players could kill me, as Okapi seems to suggest. But because it balances the server out to have both kind of players. Of course it is not always personal and unfortunate stuff does happen and that is a part of the game. I was killed once by another player, and lots of the people on my server are not actively trying to kill this player. Isn’t that just Wonderful?

P.S. please don’t taint the amazing alpaca thread with your silly and BAD ideas again. Alpacas are to actually make this game even better.

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

Stupid typo ruined what I was trying to say. *They are NOW actively trying to kill this…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion: pve and pvp’ is closed to new replies.