The (BOTTING) problem and solutions.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion The (BOTTING) problem and solutions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Dasquic

Lvl 28 USWest
    Goblin

As we all know in virtually every seriously taken MMO that the number one cardinal sin is botting, hacking, and bug abusing. These generally result in permanent bans. But why is this?

It’s because it is forms of manipulation of the game that deviate from the intended mechanics, is used to have a edge on other players that they don’t have access to. Usually bannable because it hurts new and medium game players As well as the developers income and overall player base.

Solution: Like some other games have a built in bot as a game mechanic one that can use potions/ resource collect/ and repair damaged items.

OR

Make botting a bananable offence like every other mmo. With some secret detection systems and or random events to force to player to be sharp and the bot to mess up and have a penalty.

Botting is openly talked about so lighgly ? Why is this okay ? More so than other games this creates a huge disparity between the botter and legit player. What will be done. Why so lax?

Suffer

Lvl 355 USEast2
    Wolf

I already brought this up multiple times to the Dev, to no avail.

Ironically The Discord for this game has 2 Mods which both bot.. although not actually affiliated with the game, still it’s laughable at best.

Dasquic

Lvl 28 USWest
    Goblin

Way not cool how it’s used to abuse other players. It’s counterintuitive to allow this and hurts every ones experience. Belle has said many times that the dev is.cool with botting. Any clarification @admin

Sirrus

Lvl 17 USWest
    Skeleton

Botting is legal here and u can read bout it in game rules.
    whats is the problem with bot using, this isnt mmo like others, here u can farm aloe chop trees training on dummies or eventualy leave char in snakepit on full afk. more useful would be full afk uw grinding but its impossible (or wy too hard for normal players). full afk on stp and ssd is useless too cuz anyone can come and kill u so is it rly that bad to afk dummy training or foraging bushes? im not using it, but i dont care bout bot users, they are good for market cuz u can buy cheap items like dyes (we all know how boring and frustrating is to make dyes) or feathers.
    And there is no big difference between bot users and normal players.
    Way worse are bug abusers -dev should focus on this

Dasquic

Lvl 28 USWest
    Goblin

I disagree. The.economies.shouldn’t be run by bots. Because a bigger can abuse people they don’t like.

Sirrus

Lvl 17 USWest
    Skeleton

it was always like this, no matter if u use bot or not. if someone is better he have more to say ,but never seen botting player who was rly tough in pvp cuz this need player to be full on. so i disagree with u here πŸ˜€ this game is different than others as i said. u can train mace to 100 using bot but thats mostly all u can do and thats not enough. it depends on player tho, we got few bots on server and we got a deal that they wont change economics on server. ( for example, u can buy wood from them for 170-200/1. same price is everywhere on eu, but u can buy dyes from them or feathers normal price in big amounts which is hard to find on our server). Maybe on ur server botters are pricks so lets just say that coin always has two sides πŸ™‚

Dasquic

Lvl 28 USWest
    Goblin

Nope botting is wrong and no serious mmo that doesn’t have it as a built in mechanic shou!e have it. It’s sketchy.

buttercuppz

Lvl 70 SEAsia
    Penguin

I only have one thing to say about botting ….
    if it is to be allowed perhaps there should be a detection system not to shut them down. but in fact to change the leader boards.
    the leader boards show the determination of the players trying to become the best not oh who can run the bot the longest on their computer without playing the game itself …. it really is discouraging to have worked on a skill for a month ….. and not die then all of a sudden poof a person appears right above you. because they 24 / 7 bot all they seem to be doing at that point is making the leader boards perfectly useless ….. you can run a bot for pvp training (statues) quite easy. you can make a bot for almost anything in this game including hunting ….. now granted some of the game mechanics make it harder to implement these bots. but still i have seen bots on other games so sophisticated as to literally gather materials from corpses stop say hello to players tell them what they are hunting …..
    it makes it impossible for any player to literally do anything but that 1 skill if they do not want to lose that leader board on that one skill ….. perhaps a leader board for botters and a leader board for non botters could be a solution

Sirrus

Lvl 17 USWest
    Skeleton

i never seen any botter on leaderboard, any botter never stand fight with me so ur post looks to me like blaming bots for being weak

Archangel

Lvl 333 USWest
    Wolf

I agree that Devs should focus on bug abusers.

JVH has earned the right to decide what is legal and what isn’t. He created the game after all.
    I think it’s unfair that a 6’11 point guard that can hit deep 3’s at will should be allowed to play in the NBA. But, well, the game has decided that to be legal. What can you do. If enough 5 foot b-ball players complain then sure.. Maybe the NBA might change things up.

But ultimately like in real life, either adapt to the rule set and adjust your play accordingly. Or keep your tactics static and complain about the rule set.

Dasquic

Lvl 28 USWest
    Goblin

Nah botting is wrong. I despise all botters getting rich and powerful and then making me suffer. If he’s cool with bot ting idk what to say. I know you bot arch.

Archangel

Lvl 333 USWest
    Wolf

There’s always haters… And haters gonna hate. Keep on going strong complaining about JVH’s rules!

But, I mean you done a great job adapting to JVH’s ML environment. Like the way you are using wellington

“This new town is for casual players, or new players who want a safe place to learn the game until they transition to Galebrook. It also functions as a refuge for people who are being hunted. It’s not an ideal place for high level players” http://www.mysteralegacy.com/2018/05/23/introducing-wellington-and-gem-experience/

So it looks like people like you that raid and hunt other people in market square and galebrook can hide in wellington to avoid justice.

JVH reduced xp gain and capped skill gain to lvl 80 there. Minutes alive is already tracked. If JVH can find a way to track minutes alive in a specific area(wellington), then he can fix this. All he would need to do is after a grace period of say 10 mins, every min you stay in wellington you lose X-amt of XP skill for all skills past 80 until your skills reach 80. The rate of XP loss would be dependant to your /mystcost. This would be an excellent way to keep wellington as a protected area for casual, newb and hunted players but be a true deterrent to high level Players.

But JVH hasn’t changed wellington yet and I respect his decision. Mainly because, there’s alot of other things in real life that i prioritize over ML. And I suspect that JVH has his RL priorities that are more important then developing this game 24/7.

Dasquic

Lvl 28 USWest
    Goblin

Well I.can’t find his.rules about botting,the people defending bot ting here are botters. I say add built in bot ting mechanics everyone can use. And well have it so the game plays it self for you like a idle game.

Archangel

Lvl 333 USWest
    Wolf

http://www.mysteralegacy.com/forums/topic/dev-notes-february/

Took 5 mins to find this.. That is the difference between people who complain and do nothing and expect to be served a solution. And us who accept reality, adjust, and solve problems, we get awnsers quickly and don’t need to be told to “read the guide”

Dasquic

Lvl 28 USWest
    Goblin

I’m trying to help improve the game more than I am to complain. Botter, your underground gold bot Arch Demon is kos.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘The (BOTTING) problem and solutions.’ is closed to new replies.