Suspicious Natures.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suspicious Natures.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

Hello Everyone!

Recently, everyone has become so wrapped up in suspected any and all new players of being former Frost Legion members. While these suspicions are warranted and understandable, we are damaging the atmosphere for friendly new players that are trying to enjoy the game. I myself am guilty of this behavior.

With that being said, we should be focusing on teaching these new players and making the community more enjoyable for them. Mystera Legacy is a game where the heart of the community counts for a major part of the game. There are always going to be those people that cause a fuss in whatever game you play and that is perfectly normal. I believe it was Ash who said that if you cause enough drama and draw enough attention to yourself, the community itself will rise up against this individual or group and take care of them.

I guess my major point is to ask people to stop being so paranoid. It is a game. Have FUN!

Goblin

It would also be super cool if they’d talk to us.

Goblin

While it’s true there’s some people paranoid, I hardly feel like it’s negatively impacting the server at all and might not even be a problem worth mentioning. Saying that paranoid people are hurting the game might even be flat wrong, in my opinion, considering the large amount of tribes and neat structures that have arisen from this.

Even since “ragnarok” was declared by Julius, the server has been very welcome to new players, offering help and places to stay on many occasions. Player retention seems way higher than it was before, surely in some ways due to the progress of the game making it more casual and lessening the gap between the new player and the veteran, but I’d also give the community some well deserved credit for their newbie outreach.

Hell, we even have tribes now that include multiple nationalities now. I think the server is fine lol.

Polar Bear

I appreciate your input as always Native. You’re not on enough to know some of the things that happen. Random bases have been broken into just to “check” to see if they are hiding players that don’t speak. This is discouraging to new players. I know for a fact that it has upset two new players. Of different tribes.

I’m just saying we should try being friends with them instead of suspecting every bird and dog of belonging to Frost Legion.

I was even approached about forcing all the lower tribes to let the higher tribes have doors to their bases. I flat out refused. That is just ONE example of some of the crazy ideas that have been thrown out there over the past few weeks.

Goblin

Yes, this is the first I’ve heard of that. I’m on every day, but I definitely miss alot of your guys’ interactions due to timing. If it’s to the extent you mentioned, that’s quite a bit worse than I know of.

As for the doors into bases thing, I can see why that might alarm you. I, for one, would rather lose my character and store than see that happen. That said though, there’s really no end to crazy ideas floated around, even unrelated to FL or defense, so I wouldn’t be too worried about it unless someone tried to implement it.

I feel like the small size of this game’s player base ensures every player feels like they can affect everyone else easily, leading to people trying to enact sweeping laws or changes to the world. These sorts of… Delusions of grandeur come with the game, in my opinion, and are intentionally part of the flavor, considering the sandbox design.

TL;DR: Yeah, that sounds crazy, I agree. But it’s probably just a harmlessly wacky idea.

Skeleton

That is my stance. I think the anti-FL party should give a last opportunity to the actors of the mysterious activity to reveal themselves. In case of a negative or no answer, it should decide beforehand to annihilate whoever they are, and then search all the world.

Polar Bear

Rin we aren’t the police for the game. Also, since when is being silent a crime? For all we know, they could speak Chinese and have no idea what we are even talking about.

Skeleton

I don’t see any need to resemble a legit government, since we are not invading anyone’s homes—we are exploring some tiles in a videogame.

And some signs of theirs are blatant red flags.

Penguin

Reaction of some players was inadequate. Nobody was killed, nothing was stolen. Guys who checked houses could not be more polite :-).
    Anyway it is not singleplay game, but multiplayer in open world with no limits for PK. 24h risk is thing that makes this game!
    In other words, guys, don’t be a pussy!

Polar Bear

I’m not. I don’t think its fair to newer players to constantly be the target of suspicion. The game wont ever progress and it won’t be fun with the same people always playing. Eventually the community needs to grow.

Also…. It’s easy for you to tell someone to not be a…. coward? When you’re hiding behind an alt Buka.

Polar Bear

I believe it was Ash who said that if you cause enough drama and draw enough attention to yourself, the community itself will rise up against this individual or group and take care of them

when did i say such thing? when do i ever speak in such clear languege?

Goblin

Buka is russian as far as I know and Rin is not, as far as I know.
    It would really help my paranoia if in levelup public message we would see person’s main skill.

SPKrylos

Lvl 54 USEast
    Polar Bear

It would really help my paranoia if in levelup public message we would see person’s main skill.

I don’t mind sharing that. My highest skill is hunting, which is currently 65. 🙂

Polar Bear

we all know SPK, we all know

Polar Bear

Ash I’ve seen you say that in broadcast. My memory is photographic lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Suspicious Natures.’ is closed to new replies.