Suspicious Natures.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suspicious Natures.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Goblin

Frankly I don’t know why a post like this was necessary, nor why everyone who stumbles across this unfortunate game/community has to be considered potential Frost Legion, NOR why that would be a bad thing. I popped on last week for a few hours to see how the world was doing without FL, (and frankly? Y’all should be ashamed.) Then promptly got bored of spacebar simulator 2016. So, I logged off underground and was killed by captain vendetta.

I was not kidding when I said Ragnarok would end up being a waste of our time; the world is conquered worse than covering it in an ocean and building a gulag.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

While it’s true there’s some people paranoid, I hardly feel like it’s negatively impacting the server at all and might not even be a problem worth mentioning. Saying that paranoid people are hurting the game might even be flat wrong, in my opinion, considering the large amount of tribes and neat structures that have arisen from this.

Even since “ragnarok” was declared by Julius, the server has been very welcome to new players, offering help and places to stay on many occasions. Player retention seems way higher than it was before, surely in some ways due to the progress of the game making it more casual and lessening the gap between the new player and the veteran, but I’d also give the community some well deserved credit for their newbie outreach.

Hell, we even have tribes now that include multiple nationalities now. I think the server is fine lol.

I can see that being the vantage point of preexisting players, but being viewed with marked suspicion by people I don’t know for reasons I can’t understand isn’t the greatest newbie intro to a community. My luck for first finding the game mere days before the end of Julius’s suspension but it came down to me nearly being killed while chopping wood for simply being a mum introvert, which isn’t ideal. It took a few days to feel like I was on safe ground with Apollo after that and I’m still not sure what ground I’m on with Robin, although if it helps Robin my highest skill is 43 digging. :3

But in any case my only early interactions with other players was being tersely asked if I was FL with any attempt at a response being obviously distrusted, besides a few friendly chats with Emily and Amnesia. And occasionally being apologetically told that everyone was on edge because of FL. But literally the next person to feel genuinely friendly was Julius himself when he stopped by to introduce himself and help farm some clay on Tiberius the day his suspension was lifted, which led to me trying to help break him out along with some others when I heard he was jailed a few hours later.

To Tux’s credit he just ran me off instead of killing me since he knew I was new.

Then a few days ago while I’m still trying to get a handle on what everyone’s alignments are Amnesia’s house got looted and they were imprisoned, which seemed like a pretty clear case of griefing to me so I tried to break them out and got imprisoned myself for my trouble until Emily and Tux helped me out–still not sure what’s up with that situation but it appears Amnesia has quit either way. Which bums me out because we had a really nice chat about the fall anime season the other day which was the most I’d crawled out of my shell before getting more comfortable with general chat.

Also Kethen was nice too but he just quit while I was typing this post. 😐

I understand he’s been raided repeatedly, most recently under the guise of searching for FL.

—–

Anyway, whether or not problematic actions have occurred we should be able to agree these types of actions should be an issue if they are happening, so agreeing that they should not happen is a step with only positive benefits–including the benefit that actions taken by potentially less scrupulous players under the guise of witchhunting for FL rerolls should go back to being disapproved of regardless. As a new player it’d help if what was OK and what isn’t wasn’t relative, especially when it comes to break-ins and imprisonments. Cause frankly 90% of the time I still have no idea what’s going on here or who I can trust to not have a backpocket agenda behind anything they tell me.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by  Seryn.

Goblin

I spoke with Kethen for the first time yesterday and he confirmed that being attacked had nothing to do with FL. Players were out to kill Cosmic, whom was given leadership of Kethen’s tribe while he was absent.

So you saying that seems sort of… Purposefully misleading to support your argument unless there was a misunderstanding someplace.

Polar Bear

@ Julius – Well…. You have repeatedly said that Frost Legion was going to come back and bring about Ragnarok, I think that constitutes as “bad” all the way around for anyone. I had my doubts whether anyone would actually do such a thing OR even be able to pull it off.

@ Native – Was that something somebody told him? Anybody could have told him any reason really… Ultimately he was raided the last time because someone felt like he was harvesting materials for the return of Frost Legion.

@ Seryn – Thank you soooooooo much for your input. As a new player feeling like you were targeted for this reason, It is awesome that you jumped in on the convo. I’ve always admired your building styles and can’t wait for you to finish and see what the rest looks like!

Goblin

@apollo you raid people because they were gathering resources for FL’s conceivable return? You’ve missed the point of Seryns post: you have all acted like scared, paranoid children and bullied people into quitting for what amounts to thought crime.

If you think at any moment you could prevent myself, or anyone of my friends in FL from coming back to humble you through such idiotic actions, frankly you are delusional. Just think on that for a bit.

Polar Bear

The whole entire reason I posted was to ask people to stop. I’ve actually taken a really laid back stance on whether or not Frost Legion will even come back. Why? Because I don’t care. I’ve only really taken an aggressive stance when Guys tribe were looting literally everyone in their path. You missed the whole plot there buddy.

Goblin

#Retcon2016

Skeleton

One time the base of Kethen’s and Cosmic’s has been raided as a retaliation towards Cosmic and his alts. In that case Kethen had been offered a refund.

More recently Kethen’s bace has been broken into to check it. I guess no one took anything.

In my opinion the latter kind of actions should continue and have the support of the community since it’s highly likely there’s actually something shady going on.

Polar Bear

No rin, it should not continue. We all are just scarring new players away at this point.

Polar Bear

yes im here and im fucking disgusted by this. here is my useless input.
    ill just blatantly copy paste this

1 Paranoia is the terrifying fear of being hurt.
    2 Paranoia is a false accusation pretending to be real.
    3 Paranoia is the accuser side of the false or unreal self. The feeling is real but the characters are displaced and substituted. The accused is merely a stand-in for the real person.
    4 Paranoia needs an enemy, but can’t seem to find the real persecutor. So, anyone will do.
    5 Paranoia victimizes the innocent by accusing them of being guilty of harmful actions that never occurred in the first place.
    6 Paranoia claims that you are guilty before the trial and the probability of your innocence is denied and rejected.
    7 Paranoia thrives in an inner universe of intensely walled off, suppressed and repressed hurt and pain.
    8 Paranoia is based on the rejection, denial and suppression of vital parts of the self.

now apollo is a pussy because one, ONE man comes and says there is going to be an ragnarok (more as a troll than anything serious), other/some people laugh at the idea and see how paranoid everybody is but not apollo & company no no he lurks the whole server for a potencial comeback because he is scared (#1, 3, 4…). this proves that this man lied how he thinks ingame wars are fun. if you really think they are fun you would expect it with eager will even beg for FL to return because an enemy can give you one thing others cant: FUN. (you probably did that as well) saying how you are calm about it all while in the OP you say: I myself am guilty of this behavior.
    now when he realises that his behaviour was false and that there wont be a ragnarok (awww) all of a sudden ”we should stop doing this because of the atmosphere” it was fine to this point?
    spared lying scum. may you live forever, nothing to add more or maybe i wrote too little.

as for rintil he is the most shady paranoid guy on the server thats says something shady is going on, with him its always something shady going on because (#…5, 6, 7, 8). everything he does will be bad, i havent heard anything what rin did recently that was good other than commenting other players gameplay and various false suspections, blatantly saying things like he has the one and only real deal. many selfish conotations in his words. help the community by being a normal fucking person, best you can do really. this only shows what you are and im sorry i ever thought you as a ingame friend, sad. this behaviour is insane. seek some professional help.

how do you deal with this level of insanity. this will never end unless you act as an server, paranoid will always be paranoid same as liars will always lie. now and in the future.
    fucking ridiculous what im reading in this thread dont you think?

as for seryn: what can i say to you as an ex player… be strong an try to play your own gameplay, dont let anyone tell you what to do, dont trust apollo and MMs faggotry. you have your own brain you can figure out who is what. its also sad that a player that is not even playing the game (julius) did more that any of these weaklings. i am surprised and i kinda aint. … …
    may you have honor, wisdom and will in your future adventures young seryn. the future is in the new players.

native: read those 8 points and say how its not effecting badly the server. i feel your words are constantly in restriction and i know why. still you are a cunt for not really saying what you really mean.

-While it’s true there’s some people paranoid, I hardly feel like it’s negatively impacting the server

-the server has been very welcome to new players

laughable
    intentionally part of the flavor you say… how does that ass taste.

tl;dr
    fuck it
    take a picture of your money and post it here so JVH sees what he wont get. buy doom on ps4. enjoy. other than that read the rest.

to all other that are silent
    #nospine

Turtle

Frankly I don’t know why a post like this was necessary, nor why everyone who stumbles across this unfortunate game/community has to be considered potential Frost Legion, NOR why that would be a bad thing. I popped on last week for a few hours to see how the world was doing without FL, (and frankly? Y’all should be ashamed.) Then promptly got bored of spacebar simulator 2016. So, I logged off underground and was killed by captain vendetta.

I was not kidding when I said Ragnarok would end up being a waste of our time; the world is conquered worse than covering it in an ocean and building a gulag.

FLOOD THE WORLD! FLOOD THE WORLD! FLOOD THE WORLD!

Polar Bear

Fyr…. You too have missed my point entirely. Also, who cares what you think since you don’t even play the game anymore. All I requested was that people stop breaking in places to “check” who lives there because I think it is retarded and discourages new players. I said that I myself am guilty of this behavior because I suspected new players of being Frost Legion. I did NOT however act on it and destroy their base or even kill them. It’s easy for you to sit on a high horse and talk nonsense when you have no idea what is going on or even play.

I’ve said over and over, I don’t care if Frost Legion comes back.

Goblin

+edit, since I just now read Fyr’s comment for me:
    I’ve been nothing but candid and open about what I think and there isn’t a hidden intent or ulterior motive behind my words. I feel the server has been great and we have new players all the time in one of two newbie friendly shelters on the server. Sure, we used to have three, but hey, conflict burned that particular orphanage down and we still have alot of support for new players. Best of all, for me, we’ve got a new marketplace going with some pretty impressive stores. A guy just across the street completely ousted me of my corner on the gem market and there’s a new store larger than the size of my house that just sprung up next door. Competition like that is great, and the actual server is very much alive and moving forwards every day, contrary to what dissatisfied, and thus vocal, people on the forum might describe.

You know, as much as I’ve said I’d like it if FL came back, since I’m a big fan of conflict, I feel like people who have no intentions of actually returning to the game should probably just unbookmark this darn forum and spend their time more wisely elsewhere.

Ironically, I also quit at one point, continued following news on the forum, and then returned to the game once it looked like the power balance had been renewed, allowing for conflict again. I make the important distinction, though, that I actually ENJOYED chatting on the forum back then, even as someone who had quit, as opposed to people now that seem to be returning to the forum just to get upset.

Most of FL has moved on, let’s just move on from the topic!

Skeleton

In regards to inspecting people’s bases, I’m not planning on doing it secretly. If it is done in an orderly and open fashion it would not scar away people that much. If we are not doing that and my worst suppositions are correct, then I will be remembered as the main advocate of that solution.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

Seems pertinent. Found in place of Kethen’s old base.

base

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Suspicious Natures.’ is closed to new replies.