No PVP on new maps.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion No PVP on new maps.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Willow

Lvl 85 USTexas
    Goblin

Honestly I couldn’t care less about the new updates JUST ADD CATS ALREADY DAMN IT!!!

But like seriously tho I feel like the dev would be better off making a server specifically for PvE and just call it farmville

SeveredData

Lvl 67 USEast
    Wolf

lmao willow. well said. just split the servers. Most of the people getting kosed off of servers have been trolls, shit talkers, and raiders anyway. If those are the people he is worried about protecting than this game has an even worse future than being just pve. Pvp was the way to keep them in check.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

But what are we supposed to do when we can’t walk anywhere without the top players targeting us when we’re too new or low lvl to fight back? How do we grow? I’d like to PvP, but I’m not strong enough and they won’t let me grow. So now what? They just sit atop The server slaughtering everyone they see and never have any real competition? What kinda game is that?

Then you have to be pro-active in your survival. What did players do before Wellington existed to prevent getting raided and killed? They built a defensible base. Don’t just have towers at your base setup towers inside walls along the roads around it too and do the same in key locations that you frequent or need to access often. Create stairs you can retreat down surrounded by towers and carry traps around with you. I know they are difficult to acquire or costly to buy but a whirlwind II or whirlwind III book will put you at least on par with many of the stronger fighters and that’s only one ability out of many other areas you can improve upon. Just because some players might try and call you out for it doesn’t mean you should be afraid to run to towers or use your own towers to your advantage they aren’t just meant to protect your walls they are meant to protect you as well.

Stick to training in your base on dummies and gather myst in the underworld. Take a pick with you not only for the gem rocks but mine the white and obsidian rocks as well rather than risk mining in Galebrook, dig clay in the shallow water and let the sprites live to produce more water when they spawn, break the tables and collect wood, duplicate necessities at altars, craft, cook, other than farming you can do almost everything you need to in uw. If players are roping in to your farm then construct something underground below it and if they logout outside of it to appear inside then add another wall or another layer with flooring.

It’s incredibly easy to avoid pvp and still progress or at the very least survive pvp encounters that you don’t initiate but many players are stuck in the mindset that they have to farm myst at peaks or south sands or one of these new places when really the underworld is your best in not only in terms of safety but overall progression. You need to learn the types of mobs you face down there and the best ways to deal with them if you ever plan to get any decent gear at deeper uw levels.

SeveredData

Lvl 67 USEast
    Wolf

I like to add towers inside of my animal farm(in place of the gate that would be against the wall) and also inside of my garden in my home(just a wall of tower for intruders), use a personal door or tribe door to get to your garden or farm so they cant get in, and on top of all of that also build underneath it. My garden is now a death trap for people using the login method, and untouchable to those using the rope.
    You can also pay attention when the pkers kill someone to learn the areas they frequent most and which are less of a risk. It is easy to survive and grow if you give it effort.

Penguin

I’ve been playing for 3 days. Honestly discouraging to see kazul killing everyone. Literally that’s all I see in chat, so and so has been murdered… By kazul(occasionally iroh and someone else). You kill someone round the clock so why are you complaining really? Did they do something or what? I’m curious. I would like to enjoy this game but these safe areas seem to be the best place to be until I can learn more. I’m not trying to start anything but I it seems like there’s still plenty of pking going on so why the fuss over two new places (or is it 3?) that aren’t pvp? Although I agree with a pve server, which would help newer folks until they are ready to transition to pvp (at least that’s how what I did with ark, start pve, eventually head to pvp)

skyler1212

Lvl 100 USTexas
    Polar Bear

He’s killing everyone because this is probably his last chance to pvp before admin bans it completely.

Eska

Lvl 85 USEast
    Wolf

@BlazedNight Your discernment deceives you.

While it would seem PVE maps keep you safe from PVP, it makes PVP maps definitely PVP if you are going to play the game, that is why you can live in Wellington.

It is basically the Gun Argument irl.

Penguin

I honestly don’t care all too much, im sure I’ll be over this game as soon as the excitement wears off for me. I only dropped 10 bucks bcuz i wanted to wear this wolf head.

I’m just trying to see what the issue is atm. Only a few of the same folks are in chat I’m learning and I’m also seeing only the same few ppl arguing pvp this pve that (in forums). Why? Seems like each side can enjoy the game no matter what they enjoy more so why all the fighting?

Its not about me avoiding pvp, but as a new player I definitely don’t wanna be merced as soon as i go to town,newbie village hardly gets anyone ready. At the end of the day if i die I die, no biggie, the game isn’t what I originally thought tho. I thought it was some big Zelda like game. Still not a bad game tho.

Polar Bear

@BlazedNight Unfortunately, you joined the game at a particularly bad time – depending on who you ask you might even hear that you joined too late. In the wake of the most recent update, the previously self-governed USEast server has fallen into anarchy since there are now clearly defined PvP and PvE zones. The developer has taken control of the game world from the people and as a result the people are rioting.

But don’t worry. Soon there won’t be any PvP at all and Admin will remove walls placed by griefers for you, so you can safely play Farmville in peace with Okapi. In the meantime, I suggest you look for a creative Minecraft server since it will probably offer you a more engaging and competitive experience.

Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

I likes you Eska such wisdom, much restraint.

The issue lies in that it has basically made any building or account created prior to the release of these non-pvp zones completely vulnerable whilst simultaneously giving new players an impenetrable safe haven with little to no effort required to reach the higher levels.

Think about this future scenario:

Old players: set up in Galebrook, decent base with lots of towers and double (triple, quadruple and more even) walls and all that jazz cuz it’s in a PvP zone and you gotta protect yo sh*t. There was no safe building zones before so it was basically a requirement. It takes quite a bit of time and energy to acquire such a base. It ain’t all thrown at you, gotta put in a little effort.

New players: set up in wellington, minimal base, no need for defenses just single layer walls and floors etc. That’s it, nothing else needed. Well yeah myst but that’s why the alts are made eventually. Circumvention ftw!

New players stay under radar and levels up at a moderate pace, old players think “oooh finally a decent player and not someone that will play for a week then ragequit the first time they die and lose something” New dedicated players are always gud for the survival of any game.

Said new players finally reach the competitive PvP level and form a tribe to try and fight the old tribes. Might seem like the natural order of things BUT with one big difference.

New players can attack and whittle the defenses of old tribal bases, but the older players can not do the same. Why? Can’t PvP in wellington.

Most likely the older players will fend off the newer ones, and before these updates they’d either make them quit the game entirely or hop to a new server because if someone kept attacking my base I’d try to make them quit as well. I wouldn’t trust them to leave them alone, that’d be naive of me to think someone I fought off and kicked down to a low level wouldn’t try and rise up to defeat me at some point.

Instead, the new players can stay perfectly safe in their non-pvp bases and train in the non-pvp zones to be able to (as it’s so commonly used nowadays) GRIEF the existing players without any consequences simply because they started playing the game later.

If you had played the game for a while and all of a sudden the dev spoon-fed new players with the ability to safely get powerful and GRIEF you, whilst also having the protection to NOT get GRIEVED themselves in return, wouldn’t you be a little upset too?

Not to mention, these same older players can’t even build in wellington realistically because of the insane building costs requiring myst. That is unless they join the bandwagon and make alts to build/repair. But meh, it’s whatever. Maybe change it to Altington cuz the only accounts that’d be able to build/repair anything would be low level alts.

All of this is hypothetical of course.

———

The following is not directed towards anyone specifically, more along the lines of flipping the table on those that had these changes made before anyone takes offense to my non-malicious message and tries to report me for a rule / ToS violation or somethin’. Just slight sarcasm with just a hint of using other’s words against them to show how what their suggestion(s) look like from a different perspective.

Random thought, building in wellington denies access to any map with PvP enabled (yep that includes the underworld) with a pop-up message stating “Sorry, you’re not brave enough to venture any further”. Current wolf cave would be only accessible with a base in wellington with the pop-up message “The stagnant air of cowardice prevents you from entering the cave” if ya try to access it whilst having a base in Galebrook. Then a new wolf cave would be created but this time actually yaknow, put for real new mobs in it and such with PvP enabled. It’s called new content not copypasta.

Switching from Wellington to Galebrook would result in a character wipe. Unfair to let ’em GRIEF me with safely gained levels and items whilst mine were not. Gotta play fair guise, c’mon now what works for you can work for me.

Can’t let players GRIEF me anymoar and that’s what this game is about now anti-GRIEVING. Stop GRIEVING me bruh I dun play dat way.

Seems a bit hypocritical to combat “GRIEVING” by giving people that got GRIEVED the power to GRIEF others without being GRIEVED in return.

Have I made that word sound awkward yet? Yes? Good. No? Meh, go GRIEF yourself hater.

Now even though that entire “suggestion” is just a joke, it literally has the same merit as crying to the dev about getting GRIEVED had for literally the same reasons. So anyone in favor of said non-pvp zones is automatically in support of my idea no matter what ya say. Cuz yaknow, you technically already agreed with it before I even thunk it considering I’m using the same excuses ya’ll did.

If you disagree, then you disagree with non-pvp zones. In which case just say so and we can all go back to what we were doing before all this and I’ll admit my idea was stupid 😉

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

Oh my Lord 😐🔫

Kazul

Lvl 248 USEast
    Goblin

Would be nice if @admin had some transparency on his intentions and communicated better with his players and people supporting the game. Literally he doesn’t even mention some of these changes in his patch notes he just straight up does it like he’s trying to (keep it under the radar to avoid backlash.)

Like, with this patch he made it so that if you have infamy, towers will no longer protect you. Even if it’s your own tribe towers. He didn’t even bother to mention something like that though. He also didn’t bother to mention that the new areas were designed for PvE players and they were PvE zones.

This game has fallen so far from being worth supporting that it isn’t even funny. You will only buy into something where you have no clue if it will be ruined or not and is a gigantic fucking gamble. You can’t trust the Dev to add anything or let you know what his real intentions are for the game. There’s no road map or development progression. He just lets you know what he is working on at the moment and what he may or may not even bother with adding. (while selectively leaving out things like stated above.)

I already feel he is avoiding this thread so hard. But at some point, him, or @kaylovespie is going to have to reply and shut it down if we just keep it going.

For anyone who doesn’t know, this game used to be extremely hardcore and PvP based. Infamy didn’t even exist at one point. You could kill people and never worry about any consequences once so ever.
    You couldn’t even log your character or items out of the game. Your items and character was always in game at all times for someone to come along, raid, and kill you. All of this slowly changed though with every single update @admin has been stripping away and punishing anyone who wants to kill and PvP.

At this point it is beyond clear that @admin no longer wants this to be the hardcore sandbox game that it once was or even a real PvP game at all. He never really inform us that this was the path he was going to take. Instead he slowly just kept stripping it away from us and now here we are. Many many many months later after me and many others have invested so much time getting strong in this game we thought was a PvP based sandbox game. Just for all the PvP aspects to be gutted and stripped away.

It just feels like the biggest act of betrayal for me from the developer. After being such a big supporter and dedicated player. Now I am forced to quit a game that I really loved, enjoyed, and spent so much time on. I’ve lost all motivation to continue grinding in a game that I no longer have any hopes in. Only thing that was left to keep me around is my friends and tribe mates and even they are quitting too. So I can’t foresee me lasting much longer in this game. It’s about time to abandon this sinking ship and hop the next one that sails along.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Kazul.
    MiharuLee

Lvl 47 SEAsia2
    Turtle

I like this new map coz no pvp… to many pvp place and to many pkers is not good.. how this game will gonna fun and balance if all times pkers is everywhere how the weak ppl and newbie can enjoy and like this game if old player keep kill us… i hope more no pvp place again… coz to many ppl quit in SEA Server… we’ve been killed with no reason… i hope admin make time for pvp…. pvp all time is not good… thank u

Kyle098

Lvl 140 USEast2
    Penguin

Why don’t non pvp players go play mine craft or something… Yall can build and have your happy time there.. Only reason i downloaded this app was for pvp and i’m not even any good at it but I wouldn’t trade it. Besides if you couldn’t destroy structures and kill people, the map would completely fill up, there would be no competition or anything. Just lame tbh… Wouldn’t get any more supporter purchases from me that’s for sure.

Crrow

Lvl 82 SEAsia
    Penguin

Tbh imo this mix is kinda enjoyable, that there are PVP vs PVE maps rn, those who are into PVP are basically peeps with so much power that all newbies are basically food for them, tbh imo it will work pretty well when the game released in Android and some new players could flood all server.

How is it good?
    Wellington is shit, we need myst for some most crucial part of the game, e.g. housing, which means your house in Wellington would likely be ugly af. As new players you’d likely have the desire to explore, even further and found the PVP zones where peeps are assholes. They’d see the bigger, and more colorful town compared to their beggar life, and under the bridge house in Wellington, but with the danger of PVP. They’d see towers and all the top playes with dazzling skills live there, they’d see that they’re low ass gay compared to those live hardcore lifes in Galebrook. They’d see that there are more to Gale than to Well, so they’d farm their way up so they can start that dazzling life they’ve been dreaming about.

Tbh, to me, all PVE or PVP zones are both garbage, yea you can say, i like PVP i am OP i can survive, sure, stay on that line and keep playing until you put your guard down and peeps start making traitors to bring your house down, because all PVP maps means you’re most likely in a constant war, or you’re most likely so under the radar or just plain suck that either you’re not a threat or you’re just plain ignored.

Heck be honest with yourself, you can call yourself PVP Players and “hey i am so op” yet you quit when all your hardowrk turned into dust, or everyone keep killing you for no reason. And to me, that’s not a PVP Player at all, that’s, how you call those who hide in Wellington’s are,.. gayass cocksucker coward.

#acceptgaynessandmovetoWellingtonq

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘No PVP on new maps.’ is closed to new replies.