No PVP on new maps.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion No PVP on new maps.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Penguin

I agree wolf cave being a non PVP zone was a good move on behalf of the dev. There are too many areas people are killed in already . I have seen many good players leave the game due to abusive players.

ArrowMonster

Lvl 46 USWest
    Turtle

If you don’t like it. Feel free to find a new game.
    – xxVALIANTxx, June 2018

Right back at ya, Val :p

The same people who are complaining about this not being a PVP area have been on the most violent leaderboards.

Also this isn’t true for everyone. Personally I love this new safe zone because it lets me farm myst in peace and the one person who could have slowed me down can’t do that anymore (Sorry Iroh, you can still catch me at Market Square lmao. What are the odds that a noob just happens to be there to deny WW3 anyway?). I have the most kills across all servers and only like 600 of those kills were my alts I promise!

Cashew has said everything I felt. I don’t see the need to reiterate what he said in my words to show support. Instead, allow me to remind everyone that the game started going down this path a long time ago, between death nerfs, infamy then no xp infamy then wellington and now this? You best believe things are going to get even more casual friendly. As a fellow PvPer do yourself a favor and keep your wallet closed until Callias comes along. If it sucks, then you’ll have your proof that I was right. From there you can make a decision that is right for you. I suggest hitting up Eradomens for game suggestions where preserving the sandbox experience is more of a priority than it is here 😉

TundraHunt3r

Lvl 18 SEAsia
    Polar Bear

Tundra Agreed

Soo basicaly Murders only want to be on LEADER BOARDS lol

You are Competive btw Gz bro

TundraHunt3r

Lvl 18 SEAsia
    Polar Bear

But The Arena is Non sense if its a safe zone

Wolf

I’ll also have to weigh in just to add my support to what Cashew already said. I too am a newb here, have been here about 4 weeks. In that time, no one has killed me, and I haven’t killed anyone.

Why has no one killed me? Because I haven’t given anyone a reason to kill me. So far, on 3 separate occasions I have died in PvE due to my own stupidity and newbishness, and had kind players return my gear to me. That doesn’t sound like the evil packs of roaming killers you all seem to think populate this game. My guess is, if you have been PKd often, it is your own fault. If you run your mouth or troll someone, you are going to get killed. That is the whole point of this type of game.

I have played open world PvP games in the past, and did just fine for years. I didn’t mess with people, and they didn’t mess with me. So far this matches my experiences in this game. There will always be a few bad apples, but they will be dealt with eventually. They are a small price to pay for not having to deal with the annoying trolls who populate PvP free games.

We all started playing this game fully knowing the hazards of a PvP world. If that’s not the kind of game you are after, here is a list of hundreds of other games you could go play instead:

https://www.mmorpg.com/games-list

Here is a thread on the same site where people are looking for a game like this. They struggled to come up with 3:

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/469583/any-good-sandbox-mmo

Please don’t try to turn one of the 3 games for me into another of the hundreds that already exist for you. If you don’t like it the way it is, go somewhere that suits you better.

Drayfus

Lvl 145 SEAsia
    Wolf

@kailn very well said. abusers cant get over with this update ?

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

I think the thread has gone on long enough. Many I am seeing here keep referencing back to what cashew said and I find myself wondering are these guys all friends ? Or was something that cashew said really profound to stand out.

My best advice to you after reading this. Try playing this game for at least 6 months before forming any kind of opinion or doing any kind of bandwagoning . You can try to compare this to any other game and go in circles about it but the truth is something brought you here and keeps you here. If you all really had this much of an issue about something so trivial as adding a green zone . When there will be more non green zones added in the future. How can you be so drastic as to say this games PVP is dying ?

The only reason why more PVE friendly measures were even taken in the first place like Southern Pass. And Wellington . Were only added due to PVP players abuse. So complain all you want. This game is like a social experiment and your actions is what causes the decisions needed to be made.

If the dev probably didn’t get 100,000 emails from pissed off consumers from people going too far with things . I’m sure he would have rather have developed something else other than Wellington. And more PVE friendly things. But you fools gave him no choice but to focus on it….

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  xxVALIANTxx.
    Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

Okay fun time. Woooooo I LOVE FUN TIME!! Prepare for endless sarcasm and baby talk, but 100% complete legitimacy due to word twisting 😉

This update was just a bandaid on a boo-boo cuz lil Tommy got a wittle scratch playing in the schoolyard and he falled down and lost/gots an ouchie twying to score a point and now e’rrybody has to let Tommy win to make him feel better.

But now the kids playing with Tommy are pissed cuz they can’t plays no more. Well not for reals anyway cuz when they play Tommy always runs and cries to teacher cuz he no can has fun not always winning and scoring and being as good as all dem big kids. Yeah it’s nice and makes Tommy feel good to play wif the other kiddies, but as long as Tommy is playing nobody can REALLY actually play. Cuz ya know.. Tommy can’t handle losing and teacher now said we gotta let him win. THANKS TOMMY UR SO AWESOME

Ooo now here comes Bob, but Bob isn’t like Tommy all he wants to do is take the ball and throw it on the roof. But.. because Tommy originally went and cried to teacher, Bob can now get away with throwing said ball on roof cuz it’s how he wanted to “play the game”. Cuz teacher said e’rrybody gets to play how they want.

What happens now?

No nobody gets to play, and the only one having fun is Bob because all he really wanted to do is take the ball away from everybody else. Now all of Bob’s friends see they can take e’rryboody’s ball and throw in on the roof at all the other schoolyards.

So wut do they do?

Bob and all his friends are gonna throw dem balls on the roof and instead of playing kickball cuz yaknow, CAN’T PLAY THAT NO MOAR THANKS TOMMY FOR MAKING IT FAIR

E’rrybody is gonna go play tag instead.

If ya don’t get who is who in the story… Tommy is the whiners, Bob and all his friends are the trolls, and tag is reference to a different game.

Oooooo ooo ooo wait I has an idea! I wanna protest building.

Several legit reasons why:

It’s not fair someone has more land than me.

It’s not fair they have better buildings than me.

It’s not fair they have a better location than me.

It’s not fair they have many people working on one base and I can’t destroy it solo.

Teacherrrrrrr! Take away building pls it’s not fair. Thanks Tommy for the idea! 😀

Wait, gotta take farming away too. Cuz It’s not fair his crops all live and half of mine die. Bye farming, thanks Tommy <3

Oh mining too. It’s not fair he can mine my rocks as I’m mining them faster than me. Woooo thanks Tommy for making it fair! #tommyforpresident

Oh wait next ish chopping. It’s not fair he can chop trees down faster than me. LOL.. yaaaaaay Tommy! #powertothelilguise

-insert SpongeBob one hour later reference-

Aaaaaaaand there goes smelting, cuz it’s not fair he always gets more ores than me.

THANK YOU TOMMY!!! Now I can get uh.. like.. wait. Hmm now there are no skills left, no buildings.. just.. yeah. At least I got muh fairness!

This is what I want, cuz yaknow everybody has to play fair. Complete fairness pls no cherry-pickin.

Skills make the game unfair because someone can be better than you in a vidya game without actually being better.

You get my point yet?

This obvious sarcastic suggestion actually isn’t all that unrealistic if you use the same excuses anti-pvp players are using btw. If it’s unfair getting killed by other players, well it’s just as unfair for literally everything else in the entire game.

Explain the difference pls besides death cuz then you’d have to go after mobs next cuz they kill ppls too LOL

Gottalovetwistingwordsitssomuchfun.

If we really try guise.. like fo REALS yo we can make it happen. They are taking pvp away slowly cuz it’s unfair, next we can go after buildings and skillz and mobs and it’ll just be one big all circle je- uhhh… one big happy community with peace and loves all around cuz everything ish fair ^.^ <3

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

*blinks*

Lmao /bchat

???

I forget, sometimes children are allowed to post on these forums ..

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  xxVALIANTxx.
    Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

Valiant I think it’s the fact that even as a new player, I share the old player’s point of view. It’s more about the type of player I think. But idk I can’t read minds.

Above post explains the downhill slope removing pvp could make the game head towards. (unrealistically but technically possible under the same reasoning for removing pvp)

Honesty, yeah I know a few of the posters but before now I really ain’t communicated with most of them much.

I can guarantee one of em would kill me if he seent me, but I agree with him anyway.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

I couldn’t even understand what you just wrote a moment ago. If any of the experienced people of the game agree with that mumbo-jumbo then I feel bad for our future LOL

ArrowMonster

Lvl 46 USWest
    Turtle

I think the thread has gone on long enough. Many I am seeing here keep referencing back to what cashew said and I find myself wondering are these guys all friends ? Or was something that cashew said really profound to stand out.

When the thread has gone on long enough either Admin or Kay will lock it. Until then, the discussion isn’t over. Who we are Cashew is irrelevant to the validity of our arguments and/or our support of it and I would totally stab Cashew for kill count anyway. Just because we share an opinion doesn’t mean we are friends.

What I found profound about Cashew’s statements is the point he made about the PvP aspect of this game keeping trolls in check. Sure you have trolls like me who are perfectly willing to put in the grind to get strong and then use their character’s strength as leverage to make people’s lives miserable. That was okay up until now, I have been kept in check for the most part by Iroh because I had to farm myst in dangerous areas to accumulate a competitive amount in a reasonable amount of time.

Valiant, you have to realize that having a safe zone doesn’t just give you a chance to build up. It gives your enemies a chance to build up in safety as well. It takes away YOUR chance at massing up a team of people and going to gank them. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be safe zones but Wolf Cave should have been released alongside a PvP enabled area with even better myst farming potential. Now the most worthwhile content in the game if you only care about myst is a safe zone so it’s free farming. Personally, I’m pretty excited because this should increase the rate that people acquire myst which will make things get interesting, quicker. Still even with that, I don’t think it’s good for the game to have a safe myst farming spot that’s this good without having a pvp spot that’s even better but just as accessible.

My best advice to you after reading this. Try playing this game for at least 6 months before forming any kind of opinion or doing any kind of bandwagoning . You can try to compare this to any other game and go in circles about it but the truth is something brought you here and keeps you here. If you all really had this much of an issue about something so trivial as adding a green zone . When there will be more non green zones added in the future. How can you be so drastic as to say this games PVP is dying ?

Yeah, I agree that people should play the game before giving their opinions but in a game with low player retention such as this 6 months is way too long. Most people will never stick around that long and just because someone has stuck with this buggy, laggy mess we call a game doesn’t mean they’re any more qualified or competent to discuss the matter… I think everyone should be given a chance to say what they have to say, day one or day one eighty shouldn’t matter given the logic is sound.

The only reason why more PVE friendly measures were even taken in the first place like Southern Pass. And Wellington . Were only added due to PVP players abuse. So complain all you want. This game is like a social experiment and your actions is what causes the decisions needed to be made.

If the dev probably didn’t get 100,000 emails from pissed off consumers from people going too far with things . I’m sure he would have rather have developed something else other than Wellington. And more PVE friendly things. But you fools gave him no choice but to focus on it….

I don’t think either of us are in a position to speak about Admin’s intentions. If anything you saying that makes me wonder if that’s the truth. Admin, did you add wellington and wolf cave because of PvP abuse and complaints from players? I’d love for this matter to be set to rest once and for all. Especially when I thought Infamy was the answer to PvP abuse with Wellington and Wolf Cave being enablers for safe playstyles, not a response to ‘pvp abuse’.

Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

I’ll admit it was a shitpost simply for shits and giggles but it’s an exaggeration on how whining about unfairness can ruin a game.

The same argument used to remove pvp from areas can be used to remove everything from the game with complete legitimacy.

EDIT: Funny thing is, currently half (if not more) of our server is hiding because of killings atm including me.

Well, I’ve finally ventured out cuz fuck it, I ran outta bandages to train healing.

The ones doing it ain’t hiding it, everybody is kos. For the players that just came on and didn’t know, when they get killed ofc they don’t like it. But most are just like “awww.. :c” then move on and watch their back.

Crying about is like turning your back to a wolf to run away. It’ll only make em attack moar.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Cashew.
    IlfirinVelca

Lvl 47 USEast2
    Polar Bear

But what are we supposed to do when we can’t walk anywhere without the top players targeting us when we’re too new or low lvl to fight back? How do we grow? I’d like to PvP, but I’m not strong enough and they won’t let me grow. So now what? They just sit atop The server slaughtering everyone they see and never have any real competition? What kinda game is that?

Wolf

“Try playing this game for at least 6 months before forming any kind of opinion or doing any kind of bandwagoning”

Ok, here’s the deal. As far as “Bandwagoning”, I already said this before Cashew, or the patch, on my alt Skazz:

Dev: Give us a real PVE/PVP flag

So it’s not really a bandwagon. And exactly what I was worried about happened. I knew it would happen, because I have seen it before too many times.

As far as playing the game for 6 months… why? I have played games with the same basic system since before half of you were born. Open world pvp worked 20 years ago, and it still works now. You just need to have a thick skin. If that’s not you… move along.

You are not entitled to play this game the way you want to play it. You are not entitled to anything. Fucking kids these days.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘No PVP on new maps.’ is closed to new replies.