No PVP on new maps.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion No PVP on new maps.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    SeveredData

Lvl 67 USEast
    Wolf

Why would it matter who my friends are? All I am saying is that he is screwing the pvp players on every server when instead he could had simply made a few pve servers.
    How did you not understand my post?

Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

This turned into a wall, so obligatory tl;dr version at bottom.

I’m a new player, I ain’t really into PvP, but I’m gonna agree with Kaz.

There are MANY games out there that are similar to this one that are entirely PvE.

I’ve played several of them, and there are many, many, MANY times whilst playing one of those I wished I could just kill the person stealing mah kills, resources or just outright trolling but I couldn’t. Heck in newbie village day ONE I wished I coulda killed people that kept stealing mah food on the fire. Instead of crying I walked til I found a spot I could build a fire where only one person could access it faaaaar away from e’rrybody else.

I haven’t played long (around a month and a halfish? little more or less maybe but not much) and nowhere near a top player, but dying and losing stuff is just part of the game. Heck I wasn’t sure I was gonna play this game or go back to an old one because I was getting nagged (plus I thought I was offending people and was gonna get KoS anyway) so I completely leveled / gave away everything I had worked for several weeks to acquire. Sure it wasn’t much in the grand scheme of things, but to me it was EVERYTHING I had worked for.

I came back relatively quickly (remembered why I left old game in the first place lol) and instead of begging for halp/free stuff I took my compass, 5 clay, and wooden spear and just rebuilt by myself.

Okay I take that back; someone DID give me like 10 tinder to make a fire cuz I couldn’t find any bushes after looking for nearly an hour starving. Anyways..

My first base that took almost a month to build paled in comparison to the one I built within 2 weeks after coming back. Point of the story? Any item/base lost can be re-obtained/built.

As for lost levels? So what. Think of it like starting a new character over in a game cuz you got bored at being a super op gawd that can wink at the end game bosses and they just explode instantly if it makes you feel better.

Yeah it sucks to die. It sucks to lose items and experience and all that but even though I personally don’t PvP, doesn’t mean it should denied from others in a game that has OPEN PVP.

Think about it like this, what if this was the reverse? Instead of making everything safe and friendly, all non-combat skills and activities were removed and everything made a PvP zone with the only way to acquire gear being chests in uw. The same thing would be happening, just a different group of players would be outraged / quitting etc and the excuses then would be “You’re just making it another PvP/dungeon crawler game” instead of another “farmville”

People are naive to think that if there’s any sort of PvP that players won’t take advantage of being more powerful than others. If some lil punk was mouthing off to me and I had the ability to kill them over and over and over you can bet your ass I’d be doing it. However on the same note it’s also Naive to think that the dev won’t do something if a small group of experienced players constantly run off potential new sources of income. I know that’s contradictory to my opinion, but I for one always try to look at both sides.

That being said, I still gotta go with the pro-pvp side even though I’m literally one of those small feesh that would have to run and hide when/if there’s a kos rampage going on. And guess what? I do, without whining. Why? Cuz it’s uhhh… the game? Idk.. I don’t take it seriously enough maybe? I mean.. it’s all just pixels in the end.

And no, I’m not finger pointing or anything like that, just merely stating how idiotic it is to either piss off high-level players in a PvP game then whine and cry about it afterwards (most of what I see) or expect people stronger than you in a PvP game not to kill you.

That’d be like playing your typical FPS but whining to the devs when someone kills you cuz they’re better at aiming than you. Lolwut

I get more pissed about dying from lag than I would another player, cuz at least from a player its just part of the game rather than a stupid-bs-dropping-into-a-hole-filled-with-mobs-that-lags-you-into-an-instant-flustercluck-from-all-directions death.

Someone has you KoS not letting you leave crossroads? Just log for a while to watch a movie or show. Most likely they won’t stand there for several hours straight.

If you ARE constantly hunted by e’rrybody just switch servers. There’s a bunch of em with most likely more in the future.

Don’t like the PvP aspect? Play a different game. There are MILLIONS of games out there to play. Personally I hate most FPS because anymore it’s down to who-sees-who first, doesn’t mean I went crying to the devs to go change those games, I just simply don’t play them.

If I became KoS down to level 1 and basically kicked off a server I wouldn’t get mad or cry on the forums, there are other servers or better yet: other games to play.

I know that any moment, everything I’ve worked for; levels, base, resources etc can be wiped out of existence. No amount of towers or walls can withstand a prolonged constant attack no matter how well set up it is. Hate to keep saying the same thing over and over, but it’s naive to think otherwise and honestly I consider it a good thing.

tl;dr version Players knew what they were signing up for when they started playing the game. New players are (usually) good, but not at the expense of changing the core of a game.

SeveredData

Lvl 67 USEast
    Wolf

@cashew Well worded. I am also one of those small fish that hide under a rock as well. I just want to chance to defend myself when being griefed. If I die. Time to build myself back better and stronger. Instead of crying, get motivated.

Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

Yeah it got way longer than I had originally intended but meh, ish why I added the tl;dr there at the end 😉

Turtle

Well said, Cashew. I’m also not into PvP and I only ever killed 4 players during my 6 months playing in USE, mostly because they attacked me first and won’t stop attacking, or they do bad things and thus deserved to get killed. Before, we can keep trolls, pkers, and raiders’ lvl low because they can’t farm much mysts without going to PvP zone but now we have 2 non pvp zone where players can farm mysts without worry they will get killed. Now they can use their alts to build a base in Wellington and train there and farm mysts on non PvP zone which gives quite a lot of mysts. After some blue stars on PvP skills I’m afraid they will just camp market square and killing new players which will make things worse than before imo. I know you care about new players and want to give them protection they need but this isn’t how you should do it because it could hurt us more in the future.

Adding a PvE server has been suggested before and I think that’s one of the best solutions for now. Or make a perfect copy of Galebrook but name it Wellington. The difference is Galebrook is full PvP and Wellington is full PvE. You can choose where you want to play (you’ll be asked to choose which town you want play the next time u login if you haven’t been asked) but you won’t be able to go to other town after u choose which one you want to play and vice versa so trolls can’t train until they’re strong in PvE town and just switch to PvP town and murder everyone.

SeveredData

Lvl 67 USEast
    Wolf

That is exactly what I see happening. The trolls just hide in wellington until they get some lvl then start griefing everyone.

Polar Bear

Actually Valiant, this is the definition of a sandbox MMO which you conveniently skipped over to quote Giant Bomb’s definition just below it:

But let’s go with the Giant Bomb definition you quoted instead, the one you conveniently didn’t read fully! But don’t worry, I did and will quote the part of it you left out!

Here’s the article we’ve both quoted if other people would like to reach Giant Bomb’s definition: https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/penelopae/blog/rpg-defined-what-is-a-sandbox-mmo/89881/

TundraHunt3r

Lvl 18 SEAsia
    Polar Bear

The Reason That No PVP in Wolf Cave is Dire Wolfs are Strong and thats the Main Risk in that cave We Even Got Sabotage by a Pack of Dire Wolfs and 3 of my Tribes Died only 2 of use Surviaved and Escaped so Thats Why Dire Wolf is Not PVP zone

The arena?? It should be A PVP tho that u cant even Got Infamy Cause its An Arena Its Like a Safe Area Where U can PVP without Losing Levels or Items But Myst. THATS ALL

xBeusy

Lvl 85 London
    Turtle

Cashew pretty much closed it.
    Thank you.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

In my opinion strong mobs in an area indicates it is better suited as a pvp zone rather than a pve zone, already the difficulty deters lower levels from hanging out there and in fact the only exit from Wolf Cave is to enter in to Snowtop Peaks which is indeed a pvp zone. So you can go in to Wolf Cave and train relatively safely if you like but it’s not hard to camp the exit at peaks and wait for people to kill anyways so I don’t see why it wasn’t made a pvp zone in the first place.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

The same people who are complaining about this not being a PVP area have been on the most violent leaderboards. Have raided heavily and have done by things to greatly contribute to the downfall of the community and have been trying your best for a long time to turn this game into a PVP only based game.

The hard pill to swallow is this game has both PVP and PVE Elements and the development is going to see thru that both sides of the fence are accomplished. No matter how hard you try to ruin the game for others because you are sick in the head. Doesn’t change the fact it’s JVHs game. And he’s gonna do what he wants in the end ! No matter how much dust you try to kick up about it.

If you don’t like it. Feel free to find a new game. I’m sure the community would rather a handful leave. Than lose hundreds and hundreds of players for using a very abusive playstyle.

( Sorry your life has been shit . But it doesn’t mean you have to bring others with you )

If you want hardcore pvp. Go play pubg or dark souls one of the other more core PVP games that it seems like you are craving.

Mystera Legacy. Is not a PVP only game. Don’t get it confused. There has to be the yin and the yang you fools.

Half of the people I see causing an issue about this only care about it because they cannot be malicious to others. SORRY MATES. You can’t ruin people’s fun all the time. Don’t be so butt hurt about it and carry on.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

You better believe there is going to be more maps. And I seen potential for quite a few more maps.

And better believe there are going to be some more green maps and some more that are white. You are going to have to get over it and go with the flow.

The game is going to go thru many changes that make it better for everyone and your gonna have to pull your big girl pants up and get ready !

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  xxVALIANTxx.
    Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

You’re assuming a lot about players with no real basis for it, “most violent” is just a number the reasons for being there vary greatly it does not automatically mean someone is killing new players or generally being toxic towards the player base. I advocate for a lot of changes that would help new players out specifically some changes towards tribes to help minimize the damage of infiltrators. I believe players should have the chance to grow and become strong but I also believe pvp is as crucial to player enjoyment as pve is and there is plenty of reason for players to be involved in both regardless of whichever play style you prefer.

Before I became strong in my server I suffered just as much grief as any other new player and I can tell you with the utmost certainty that the enjoyment of actually being able to do something against those types of players now far surpasses the grief endured in the growing process. It feels largely disappointing to have maps added that are just as nice for me to train at as my enemies but yet I can do nothing to them while there.

Penguin

Completely agree with Cashew, Kazul, and Suisei. I think it is a fatal mistake to look only at the people who are complaining and say ‘how can I make this game better because people are complaining’ without comparing the number of complaining people to the number of people who do NOT complain. In this situation it should be assumed that the people who do not complain are happy with the way things are. You aren’t going to get e-mails every day from different people saying ‘keep up the great work don’t change a thing!’ but this message is demonstrated through silence (not complaining).

And if you do get to the point where you think that there is actually a problem, implement a solution that does not affect those that are happy with the way things are because then you aren’t actually solving any problem, you are just changing who is complaining at this moment.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

Do you guys not understand that Wellington was created because PVP abuse was clearly becoming an issue across all servers ?

If players didn’t take PVP TOO FAR . and abuse it. Measures like Wellington. And the southern pass . Would not have been even needed to be created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘No PVP on new maps.’ is closed to new replies.