Infamy System and Towers

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Infamy System and Towers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

I agree a ‘Test Server’ would be good. While the game is still in beta, yes. One would still be good.

What will we do when the game is on full release?

We would definitely need some form of test server then.

Maybe open for a week, maybe for 24 hours.

One that all items, levels, stats, everything carries over.

Game plays as normal.

The catch?

While game plays as normal, any and everything that happens in the test server, does not carry over to the ‘real servers’ (not test servers).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  irukandji.

Wolf

I am chill.
    Let me get this straight, Balt: Even if you weren’t the one saying it I would have said the same thing because I don’t think Demanding exclusivity or any other similar ideas, helps because it promotes division among the players. You’ve been demanding those things(Veterans and supporters only chat) since I started playing. You have better ideas/suggestions than those. Admin is too busy already and have lot on his/her plate as it is. I’ve had my fair share of beta testing and suggesting on online games but never went to promote the feeling of Elitism and start to divide the playing public because the game needs them/us. So please, contribute and keep suggestions simple and sensible. Though Iru agrees with your idea and explained why, personally, I still don’t.

And about me being biased towards you, it is true. I will shit on what you say if it warrants it. Otherwise, I’ll let it go, when you actually make sense and so far that hasn’t been the case, at least to me.

Goblin

My ideas werent to promote strict exclusivity, they were simply to provide extra features. The reason behind a veteran only chat is so the dev has a sure way of contacting only the players who have really experienced the game and have good ideas about it.

It is not about exclusivity, it is about function.

Wolf

That’s good then. That makes sense.

Wolf

@admin I appreciate that you’re trying to find balance, but the penalty is still too harsh for those of us that play for PvP.

There needs to be a hard cap on infamy, and dooming someone to moving at a snail’s pace for 3 hours (or more) is unreasonable. If I have to be punished for hours because I killed someone, my time can be better spent playing something else.

Wolf

Also, an addendum – a Dev should never make changes that entirely eliminate certain play styles.

At this point, light armor archery is moot. You’ll gain infamy, slow down to 1.5mph and die in a fire.

If you plan to PVP now, you’d better stack defense, build a tank, and be prepared to move incredibly slow and tank more damage, because that’s all you’ll do.

I really, truly, dislike the direction of this change.

Thanks!

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

I believe an infamy system could be implemented in a way that pleases most everyone but the current implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

You shouldn’t create a system that directly punishes players itself for playing how they want to play, if someone decides they want to murder or raid that is their prerogative but it’s the other players that are meant to be the ones to mete out that punishment.

I’d rather see a system in which a player’s infamy grows based on certain actions such as murdering other players regardless of their level, breaking walls or other structures that don’t belong to them, looting locked tiles, etc. having the infamy grow in stages of severity over time if it continues to raise without being lowered at all. So for example once a player reaches 1000 infamy they receive a skull by their name or something like that so that other players know they can kill that person without receiving infamy themselves and the player with the skull would receive a more severe death penalty when dying in that state, the severity of that death penalty getting worse as the player’s infamy increases as well as being able to be killed in safe zones. Otherwise though, arrow towers and the like would not randomly attack these people even when they have a skull and should work as they normally did, only attacking players who start a fight in their vicinity or damage walls owned by the tower’s creator.

It might even be worthwhile to look in to at least a few ways to give some positive incentive to players who want to be criminals. A game that thrives on pvp needs to have some sort of on-going conflict so just as an example, rather than infamous players respawning underground, give them their own criminal/pirate/whatever area to spawn at and perhaps even build in. Essentially what I mean is to create more opportunity for meaningful conflict and less reasons for those kinds of players to simply skirt around the system by doing lame things like blocking roads or walling off houses.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  Kaios.

Goblin

I also have to agree with Kaios a little here. The current infamy system allows a low level player (possibly an alt of a high level player) to block roads, or assault other low level players indiscriminately. As people wanting to “protect” our community we have built, we can just watch as the system burns. Level 5 is placing walls to limit players ability to move, and just griefing in general…well don’t kill him unless you want severe repercussions.

I am not the type to whine and complain, I truly love what has been made in this game, and have played it A LOT since finding it. From what I have seen on US East (haven’t played on other servers, so i can’t speak for them) the people that were getting consistently killed were people who did something to grief the entire server. If you pick a fight with a tribe or a person, sure they gonna kill you, but as a server we generally put a stop to it before it goes on too long.

Just my 2 cents though. I understand that you are trying to create an environment in which new players can actively play without worry of being killed by a higher level, but its a punishment (in my opinion) for those who have put in the time and effort to get ahead in the game, is just too severe. Leaves those of us who have gained levels completely unable to help enforce a community guideline like don’t dig up the roads 10 people have taken the time to make for the convenience of everyone, and place walls to make it take another 5-10 minutes to get to where you are trying to go.

Sorry for the wall of text, and honestly love the majority of work you have been doing admin.

Goblin

Not to mention someone can reincarnate to a lower level and abuse infamy to their higher level opponents.

Goblin

Agreed

Goblin

So after reading the news post about all the patch changes, I’ve noticed something.

Admin, I understand you want to have equal levels fighting each other.. but this will most likely never work. The are simply too many scenarios where you have to fight with a large level difference.

And levels dont always equal power, someone could not buy star upgrades and simply just buy myst upgrades,stay at level 20 forever and have high stats due to myst.

Wolf

@admin

I have a note and a idea for ya.

Sir I read your last patch notes on this infamy patch that you worked very hard on and you believe this ” silent majority” ( I don’t think they’re the majority I think they are the loudest) but nm that

SO sir / scratches head.. why not test it? Make a non infamy server just add in other game content like normal or just make a new server and don’t turn infamy on.

That’s an idea on how you could do what I know your really trying to do and that is make the best game experience you can for everyone.

Server pop comparisons will be good research too. A social experiment.

Have a blessed day

Choc

Polar Bear

Here is another idea. What if the infamy system worked both ways? Sort of positive and negative karma.

Commiting crimes gives you negative karma. Doing good gives you positive. If you’ve gained a lot of positive karma, you can kill a few innocents without getting penalties of negative karma. If your karma is negative, you are penalized, but you can do some “righteous” deed to clear it up. Either way, if you don’t do anything, over time karma goes to neutral.

Right now I can’t think of anything “righteous” other than killing criminals, players with negative karma. Maybe killing Chaos NPCs too. And the amount of karma (fame?) gained depends on how bad the killed criminal was (= how negative his karma was).

This way, people who prefer aggressive PvP playstyle will occasionally kill/raid peaceful players, but will also hunt other criminals in ordear to clear up their karma.

JustinCase

Lvl 120 Europe
    Turtle

This was introduced to protect new players and help maintain playerbase, but its having the reverse effect on players your where loyal to the game,

attacking some pve content generates infamy, raiding generates a tonne of infamy as does any pvp.
    Slowing players down with infamy is overkill.

Either try making the market place and crossroads a green zone, no pvp at all there and upon leaving you can’t attack or be attacked for 1 minute or,

Remove the skill assassin which will still allow killing but negate people having to level up any one skill by pvp alone.

either is worth trying and easily implemented rather than fixing a broken infamy system that seems like it wasn’t fully thought through,

and what the hell is up with spawns atm, creatures spawning in places they shouldn’t, it didn’t happen until this update so I’m assuming a poorly implemented patch has messed up stable code.

Polar Bear

Sir I read your last patch notes on this infamy patch that you worked very hard on and you believe this ” silent majority” ( I don’t think they’re the majority I think they are the loudest) but nm that

I have mostly heard people complaining how bad the infamy was, so I am not sure about who is the loudest.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Infamy System and Towers’ is closed to new replies.