Infamy System and Towers

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Infamy System and Towers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Tux

Lvl 120 USEast
    Polar Bear

We should just start with a simple infamy system. Pkers get a red skull and can get killed in non pvp zones. If you kill a person with red skull you don’t get red skull back.

A complicated infamy system doesn’t really work well in a sandbox survival pvp raiding game.

Tux

Lvl 120 USEast
    Polar Bear

I’m uploading patches now to reduce the debuff penalties and fix targeting for bystanders among other things. Wait for another patch later today or tomorrow and then we’ll go from there!

Could you please let us know what changes were made, especially on your comment about “Fix targeting for bystanders among other things.”?
    Thank you for all your work!

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Changes uploaded recently:

Attacking anyone sets a flat rate of 10 infamy (if they have less than 10 and the victim has no infamy). You wont get any infamy yourself for retaliating.

This way you have at least 10 seconds to kill them. It will now show a local notice ‘Infamous!’ on a player who just becomes vulnerable. Then it will say ‘Safe!’ when it wears off. Also fixed a bug with mobs related to this.

Market Towers can shoot over objects and only attack people with infamy. So you are safe to retaliate or hunt down infamous players. Market towers give no extra infamy.

Normal towers give no infamy if you are attacking an infamous player. Their penalty was reduced. Fixed a bug where they would shoot over obstacles at infamous players.

Also remember to eat! Infamy wont drain if you have an empty hunger bar.

Tux

Lvl 120 USEast
    Polar Bear

Hi Admin! Thank you for letting us know the changes.

Attacking anyone sets a flat rate of 10 infamy (if they have less than 10 and the victim has no infamy). You wont get any infamy yourself for retaliating.

This way you have at least 10 seconds to kill them. It will now show a local notice ‘Infamous!’ on a player who just becomes vulnerable. Then it will say ‘Safe!’ when it wears off. Also fixed a bug with mobs related to this.

This seems look a good change for being able to defend yourself, however is 10secs too low if you’re defending yourself against a higher level character? It would take more than 10secs to kill them. Even if it was 2 high level characters, it would still take longer than 10secs. I don’t think increasing it by level difference would help, it might have to be flat time depending on level or just higher time in general?

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

@admin

If towers can shoot over structures in Market.

Those who have rented homes will be attacked going to and from, and inside them?

I have noticed those with infamy who spawn at crossroads take heavy damage.

And coming from crossroads to market square.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  irukandji.
    Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

The 10 second timer continually resets if they keep fighting, so you can fight to the death as long as you want and never gain infamy. It’s more for a person who hits you and runs away, that’s how long you have to kill them if you choose to.

Oh and as for spawning at crossroads while having infamy, that sounds like a bug. Not supposed to happen – so I’ll add it to my list of things to look at. Thanks

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

It might be better if Crossroads went directly to Galebrook again and Market Square was accessed from another direction at Crossroads. Zone switching during combat might become a more prevalent issue with this change since Crossroads is a safe zone but zone switching is another issue that needs to be resolved at some point and presumably with the infamy system an infamous player could be killed at crossroads anyways.

I don’t really see how Crossroads > Market Square > Galebrook was a positive change in any case considering how easy it is to camp the market and kill any players trying to make the cross from Market Square to Galebrook.

Goblin

Quite a busy topic, it seems. I havent really played for a few days, because I’ve been busy (and other things that have happened here) so haven’t had the chance to test anything out. But from reading all of this, I came to one conclusion:
    We need a public test server, which can be only accessed by trusted people, so we can test these game changing features and give feedback before it becomes a live release.

Wolf

@admin Honestly, the sheer number of posts in rapid response to the change speak volumes.

This mechanic simply isn’t ready.

Wolf

Balt, yet again with wanting exclusivity. Also what? PUBLIC test server but exclusive to “trusted” people? Who are those people (supporters only?) supposed to be and why should that be done? This game IS the public test server it still being in beta and all.

Ugh.

amp2ek

Lvl 5 USEast
    Turtle

I agree with dado on the part of this game being in beta and I know this patch is going to have more issues popping up with it. As far as a public test server, it makes more sense to just launch the patch and see what happens. Some “trusted” people may not have the…juice..to say, “Hey admin, this patch needs to go.” Doing it the way it was done may have caused a ruckus but it is giving EVERYONE a chance to state their opinions and give feedback which is the way it should be in my opinion.

Polar Bear

Before this gets out of hand I’d like to remind everybody to stay on topic here. This is a major issue that drastically changes the direction of the game and it needs to be addressed before anything else.

amp2ek

Lvl 5 USEast
    Turtle

Agree with you too Krill…this patch is changing things already. There are a lot of bugs that needs worked out. I like the overall idea that is behind the patch but I am not sure that it was totally thought out. If we just keep posting on the bugs and our own individual reactions/feelings about it, maybe this patch can be tweaked enough to become exactly what it was designed to be. I have faith that the ever diligent admin can get these issues addressed and will come up with some way to make most of the players relatively happy. I would however urge some way to let everyone know exactly what this patch entails and some of the more obvious problems that will be addressed.A lot of players keep asking for explanations and not getting a clear picture from here.

Goblin

Dado, chill out, that wasn’t my point, nor have I said that I have to be on that server. These kinds of games have the tendency to be stuck in eternal “beta” stages and rarely see a true full release.
    The main servers we play on are not true test servers, yes we test everything by simply playing, but when a major feature like this gets pushed out and it causes you to lose progress, items and your base, you won’t be happy and come to complain like some poeple already have here.

Stop being biased against me, if someone else said the same thing, you wouldn’t be so disrespectful.

Goblin

Also, public may not have been the right word usage. You could call it a community test server, or community test enviroment. It is what a lof games these days do. This kind of server wouldnt have to operate 24/7 and ever day, just in periods when important things require testing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Infamy System and Towers’ is closed to new replies.