what you always wanted to know about quitting. (but were afraid to ask.)

Home Forums Mystera Discussion what you always wanted to know about quitting. (but were afraid to ask.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

it´s not even because of npc chaos.
    for npc chaos, I was searching and finding.. and testing a lot of workarounds… how to deal with this until an update.

but I am indeed leaving.

I am posting this so that the next new players know the history of a place.

the place where I built my home was when I found it, a place with tiles. I did not know what was there. before me. just saw the tiles and they were handy. when you are a new player, resources don´t come in huge amounts, everything is slow and it´s a lot even for a single tile so I was of course happy. I built my first small cottage already but saw that when I want to craft things, I need more space, otherwise what I need will always be at the bottom of a stack etc. – so I decided to search for a good spot for something real… and came upon this place with tiles.

I built my base there… later, after a player broke in, added towers, later (after same player went in into my farm just to kill animals) even placed towers in farms and changed animal gates to personal gates. and added an outer ring around my residence, updated wood to stone in inner ring.

then dogs.

after the chaos npc killed my first trained dog, I had dogs again, more this time (beautiful times I had with them in short moments when there were not many chaos npcs around and I could take them on walkies/training).

new people showed up, got neighbours.
    trading started. helping each other out.

I eventually built a test wolf farm and an own snake pit to test if they are by any chance coded like animals and procreate (like farm animals do) – as an intermediate solution to be able to train my dogs when I can´t take them training because of chaos.

and started planning a flea market.

then a longer talk with amaranth. who paid for psy studies. I understand that (btw seroiusly free education is sth really valuable. it´s worth fighting for it).

tux joined then and started making a quite aggressive atmosphere ” I will soon start to attack you”

then – when I was on the marketplace to check out if a cottage to keep my dogs until a patch/update shows up will work out (although I checked the prices there before that… way too expensive). but after chaos trying to break in and without me knowing if he might break in when I am logged off – I thought ok, maybe renting a small cottage for the dogs will be a solution.

then the player chaos shows up. when the key lock or what ever prevented me from moving for a few seconds came back and I came back to marketplace, the marketplace player chaos came back again to fight me.
    I told tux before, i will not even defend myself.

this game has a number of different features. for different people. at least… the coding (and game description as sandbox) seemed to allow different gamestyles. I chose mine.

I told tux I will not even defend myself.

so – after some atmosphere creating in chat (“all people want you gone” etc “you just repeat yourself” etc) the player chaos did it and killed me standing there.

tux helped thrash the towers in the tribe building of the player they mobbed away. that is the story as I read it eventually… I eventually came to the history of the place where I built my building. tux said he came to help, right? so why was he thrashing the towers?

the marketplace player chaos said, when I just mentioned it in chat “that tribe just wanted war”.

did they really? from the experience I made now… was it really them?

now when the next player comes and sees the tiles – you should know what happened.

why there are tiles again. or why sth else changed.

Polar Bear

so just to recap and to count two and two together.

quote from said post that mentioned, among other things, the towers.

source: http://www.mysteralegacy.com/forums/topic/i-quit/

quote: “…He respon(d)s that he actually came to help. Why was he destroying towers one after another instead of looking for Nodo? Oh, because towers kill noobs….”

excuse me. but me and other people have seen tux defending the chaos code all too often – with so many excuses. “they don´t attack newbies if not attacked”… and such stuff – although I have proven by experience that newbies are simply killed by this thing, a newbie entering the map not knowing about this “feature” will for curiosity or maybe later to test if s/he can already help when hunting groups are formed… they will test it. and they will be then counterattacked by chaos. then sth may go wrong and doors don´t open because may have misclicked or for some other reason and they are just thrashed at. and you -are- on a hitlist below even 60. and he -can- break into your base below lv 60. all that stuff is confirmed.

tux gives a shit. when he heared that chaos MIGHT be deleted oh oh. yeah, game needs a challenge. needs to be “more challenging”. including for newbies as proven.

so now that we do know all that…

come again, why exactly was tux thrashing the towers?

Polar Bear

maybe… one last tiny detail.

the exact quotation. of what the marketplace-chaos, the not-npc-chaos said. before he started to fight me one-sidedly… (or how do you call that. when you “fight” someone who does not fight you…)

so – the exact quotation. what was it.

“it will be a group effort to make you leave.”

you can correct me here, Chaos. was it the exact wording? that mobbing will be a group effort. “to make you leave” – this is I think how you worded it.

I think… it just -might- be possible some of the players here saw all that before.

Polar Bear

so just s short update.

only a few hours – say, half a day later.
    I check on the situation, go back to my residence.

quite a time spent on building a building that had nothing to do with the guys at the marketplace.

the farms.

they went through quite a bit of trouble to destroy everything.

a couple of poor “rich” dudes collecting on the marketplace what they stole from people. (maybe not all on the marketplace do but some do for sure – well, that is proven.)

to save their “fighting” skills, they prefer to stay away from everything else. no skills for anything else really. evaluating from what they took.

seem to be poor enough to not even be able to craft own basic tools.

to developer: your idea with the lock – how good is it, you think, when you give ppl the option to save only 5 item stacks that they can secure only when they have gold and for how long do you think when a group of lazy guys just go back there to empty it every 24 hours?

check gold drops again – drops for ppl who do not spend their game life stealing.

a few guys. so used to their cosy 2-3-people atmosphere that they will do anything to keep normal people out of it.

anyone who does not play according to their rules. anyone who calls them out on bullshit talking.

just a note… to everyone who saw me in chat saying good-bye to a few neighbours and answered via other channels to be on the safe side. how long will you be able to play this game in an atmosphere of fear, of careful staying silent just to not be spotted in chat by them? to not get the target of a group of lazy cowardish bullies on you?

yeah, cowards. sorry for repeating myself. cowards like say, tux? according to whom “everyone can kill a chaos” (follow! everyone! listen! and do shut up! fighting skills only. that is how you are supposed to play this game and then let´s ask again why Tux was no where to be seen when NerdyName saw a lv 40… talk, talk, talk and nothing else.)
    or cowards like “brave” pvp skills proving Chaos.

such a bunch of poor people.

you can´t even craft a stone axe? really?

LOL.

Polar Bear

and guess what, I do have a suggestion for a solution for even this.
    a game balancing feature that could make both gaming sides possible – along side each other. and then no matter what issues particular players have: if they want to quarrel with someone, they have to quarrel and cannot use their character just to vent other things.

laying down this suggestion will take a paragraph or two.
    …just… think about it.
    read please, think about it.
    will also collect feedback to this from others but… think about it.

imagine a player could choose upon registering / starting a character / whether this character is a pvp one or not.
    they could choose yes and they could choose no.

this would trigger different settings in game balance. a pvp player would have entirely different damage against the wall of a non-pvp one. they would indeed have to stand there, set their account on afk and afk-ing against a wall, breaking one tool after another, maybe one time catching this in time and repairing (using another repair kit) and another time not seeing this in time and another tool gone entirely…. while arrows are raining down on them from multiple sides. a week of this.

non-pvp players can´t be attacked by pvp ones and can´t attack in turn. BUT, this to be not set in stone: they can switch from non-pvp to pvp. HOWEVER, once they do just that and start a fight on their own, they can not go back (well they can theoretically but then they would have to start another character for this. the one who once attacked, can´t go back to non-pvp)

non-pvp dudes would be still fighting, but against npcs only.

this would allow coexistence of players who join it for the pvp features especially with those who prefer the “sandbox” part in the announcements.

when they then have the next disagreement with the next dude or girl they just don´t like, they have to quarrel with them. or use the implemented ignore feature or what ever.

Polar Bear

this above solution would, when you think about it, also solve the dog topic.
    dogs of non-pvp players could not be targeted by same main option. so who ever joins here because they heard somewhere you can have dogs here and train them… or have a farm with farm dogs… could do so with their game setting.

so that issue with dogs being targeted by other players accidentally would be also gone.
    what would stay would be the fact that dog owners would still have to be careful as hell when fighting with their dogs against larger NPC mobs (to not accidentally hit their own dogs) but this could be left as is: something that takes quite a bit of time to learn to handle. a feature not for everybody 🙂
    imagine a race of someone who has 6 dogs with someone who wants to be the first who can handle 8…
    to uw -524
    or to far north.

Polar Bear

refinement.

actually, I think it work only if there was not a chance to switch.

someone who did attack someone else should have then not the character fixed to pvp but the IP.
    otherwise you would soon have ppl who would use leveled pvp-characters to rob and steal and use non-pvp alts as safes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘what you always wanted to know about quitting. (but were afraid to ask.)’ is closed to new replies.