UI Suggestions

Home Forums Mystera Discussion UI Suggestions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

For the most part I like the bigger screen but I do have some criticisms.

The action button is not very obvious now that it is the “action button” and the big transparent circle looks strange and takes up unnecessary space.

Having 9 inventory boxes on the initial inventory page before clicking the backpack icon would be much appreciated.

Can’t close the pop-out item dialog box without closing the entire inventory tab.

Abilities are placed in the wrong direction, 1-6 should be left to right but current placement has them as 6 on the left and 1 on the right. Also their positioning makes it much more difficult to effectively utilize them in combat with mouse clicks and I’ve never used the hotkeys for them because I don’t like the hotkeys that they are set to so it would be nice to customize those as well. Spreading them out so much also takes up more space than necessary, you should try and find or create better placement for the ability buttons.

I very much like that the chat box is not always present on the screen but when it is or when the text pops up I do feel the larger screen is wasted by the amount of space taken up in that regard.

Wooden planks are kind of useless now, not that I think they were of any use against an experienced player who knows to check for those but what’s the point in them at all when the game lets you know you are standing on them.

Overall I certainly appreciate the UI improvements but it seems like a lot of the new screen space is cluttered up with other things.

Avrilmoon

Lvl 125 USTexas
    Wolf

Agree 100% with everything, and I feel if we are updating the UI we should have some options to change the screens to be more personalized to our liking. Size, toggling the action button, etc.

two

Lvl 332 USTexas
    Turtle

I actually like the new ui, although I agree that it is a lot of wasted space for things to be so large, 9 buttons instead of 6 would be great, planks are useless, and kaios is right the abilities need to be reordered from 1-6 instead of 6-1. Also if we could arrange our own hotkeys for our own personal liking it would be awesome.

Penguin

I like the new user interface i do miss the spells lined up on right side like the old ui. Its more harder to utilize spells in combat especially pvp. Please put the old ui for the spells part only.the rest looks great feels like a new game.I am a mobile user btw.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Oh and the equipped item does not appear red on the action button when it needs to be repaired.

wisepaladin

Lvl 68 USWest2
    Polar Bear

I am wondering if we need hidden planks anymore if it shows up also we cant pick up spike traps

Kaylovespie

Lvl 2 London
    Skeleton

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll have to look into how to deal with traps and planks for mobile users 🙂

Turtle

Yes, toggling, resizing, and a toggle in settings to switch between the old UI and new UI (if possible, suggested by another user), guessing a relogin would switch it after toggling.

AARC

Lvl 140 USTexas
    Skeleton

Ok on the ui its ok kaios suggestions are pretty good. please give an option to change back to origional ui tho? i cant stop lagging hard and im not connection lagging im too much on screen lagging so if u cn please help? im gonna have to quit otherwise.

Polar Bear

PC user here, update is horrible for us

in order of importance for you to change

1. option to disable info box (monster info)
    2. option to disable backpack icon when inventory open
    3. option to disable 6 quick slot icons (if not possible shrink icon size to backpack size)
    4. option to disable “pick up” window
    5. move health, hunger, etc back to bottom left
    6. option for chat box to remain permanent but seethrough but also allow clicking of monsters behind it

package all of the above into “/simpleUI” so PC users can disable everything (also include /dpad in that)

wisepaladin

Lvl 68 USWest2
    Polar Bear

That would not be balanced because the new ui would have more view range because it fits less on screen and the old would be at a disadvantage since the screen is packed with stuff

wisepaladin

Lvl 68 USWest2
    Polar Bear

Also someone asked this in use2 is the action circle hand drawn or just design choice as it is not a even circle

skyler1212

Lvl 100 USTexas
    Polar Bear

I’m with CookieCop.
    The new UI is trying to do everything at once and pulls you in two opposite directions. On one hand, you expanded our range of visibility, but on the other hand you filled up the new space with a bunch of stuff that’s in the way. Making everything transparent was the compromise I guess but the end result is just distracting, cluttered, and unattractive.
    As a PC user, the giant buttons and stuff feel very unnecessary and take up tons of space.
    What I’d like is an option to toggle basically everything. Action button, pick up button, hot key buttons, everything. It would look really nice without all that stuff in the way. I mostly use my keyboard for everything anyways so for me at least it’s really not needed.

Wolf

we also very much need a Opacity setting on the buttons. well pretty much everything thats almost transparent. Since its kinda hard to see the buttons yer pushing when its bright out

Moksha

Lvl 68 USWest
    Penguin

Only played with the UI a little bit and I’m not an experience player. My initial thoughts are:
    1) The chat font needs to be changed to something a little more readable. Its hard enough deciphering chats from people who insist on using dark fonts, but the current, bold type chat makes it more difficult. There are many articles out there about the easiest fonts to read. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/28/font-ranking_n_5625650.html

2) I would like the ability to toggle the action button. I’m sure its great for mobile, but I don’t use mobile and thus it just takes up space. You gave us the ability to toggle the movement buttons. Shouldn’t be too hard to toggle this too.

3) I prefer the old backpack view to the new view. It had more buttons and had the ability to scroll between pages without extra clicks. I suppose I could just keep the backpack open all the time, so I can probably learn to live with this. Maybe if you made the nonbackpack view smaller with more buttons? As someone else previously suggested, perhaps 9 buttons to correspond with the quick key number buttons?

I think the biggest thing for me is the chat font. Its just downright unreadable. Maybe I’m getting old.

Thanks,

Moksha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘UI Suggestions’ is closed to new replies.