Suggestions from the Discord

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestions from the Discord

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Derick

Lvl 148 USWest
    Goblin

I’m making this post for increased visibility. This is a list of suggestions that were already posted in the official discord, but havent necessarily been posted yet on the forums. Note that these are not necessarily my ideas. I’m just copying most of them.

1. Ability to repair and lens items in the invetory without needing to drop them on the ground where they can be easily stolen by others, or despwaned if you lose internet connection whilst repairing.

2. Add more rental houses to the Market Square map. There is plenty of unused space in the area and several people in some servers own multiple rentals houses.

3. /name command for things like pet dogs and cooked food dishes.

4. /allow “playername” functionality for personal doors to share doors with specific people. Same for personal towers.

5. “loot inventory window” to pop up when standing on piles of several items > shows all items in a 2D inventory system, so that you can choose what to specifically pick up from the pile without having to pick up everything above it.

6. Rebalance light armor for viability.

7. Increase speed cap or usefulness of anti-slow mechanisms (carraway).

8. Viewable xp values for each skill to allow players to do the math when making considerations for reincarnation.

9. An item rune that decreases action-cooldowns by a tiny ammount or % per rank.

10. Craftable “chests” for player storage for house organizational purposes.

11. Add “bard-esque” weapons such as a harp. Mostly for role-playing purposes?

12. Larger variety of floor tile and wall colors & textures. Cuz who doesn’t want a pretty base?

13. Day/Night cycle

14. New food items such as wheat, breads, fruits, pastries, and possibly poisons.

15. Player-craftable maps. A lot of very interesting and viable(imo) ideas for this one in the discord, but I dont have room to copy it all here.

16. A BETTER SHOVEL, DAMMIT

17. Reduced death penalties for pvp deaths, only when killed repeatedly by the same person or tribe. Resets after a set cooldown.

18. Visible respawn timer for the Skeleton Boss, as well as addition of new, harder bosses.

19. Ability to toggle on/off 25% max hp damage to your own structures.

20. Visual indicator for the direction a shroomie is healing from.

BONUS Suggestion:
    21. Ability to reorganize abilities or rebind their hotkeys. I’ve made numerous threads about this on a monthly basis, and intend to continue doing so until it gets implemented or I get banned.

That’s all for now. I see the discord suggestion chanel bursting with great (and less-great) ideas and it just doesnt seem like most of them get much attention. So, I decided to repost the 20 most recent suggestions here. I don’t expect to ever see most of them in the game, and honestly, there are several I dont even agree with on this list. That said, I felt like everyone deserved to have their ideas at least recognized, regardless of where they share them.

Comment below of you have anything to add or change to the suggestions listed here! Feel free to share your ideas about them as well.

Polar Bear

The number 16 please!!!

I don’t agree with number 17.

Number 6 is a really hard point. Yes, now light armor need to be balanced, but how to do it? Maybe with more skill bonus, but i don’t know if this can really help.

I like all the others ideas, thank you for posting

Kaylovespie

Lvl 2 London
    Skeleton

Thanks for posting this Derick!
    It’s helpful since Admin and I do not check the discord, so things like suggestions and bugs are only seen by us when they’re posted in forums or sent via contact form.

A lot of these are on our to do list or are currently being worked on.
    As for your ability suggestion in particular, it is on Admin’s to do list. I’d rather you not need to be banned since reposting doesn’t improve the chances of something being implemented lol 🙂

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

All of these are pretty good suggestions.

1. I think it makes more sense having to take an item out to repair it, since IRL you need to have something in front of you to repair. Also when in underworld if you repair and step on a hole, that sucks but it makes the game interesting and more of challenge. Same goes for the possibility of someone strolling by and stealing your items, kill them! 😛 (pls dont hate me xD)

I’m ecstatic over the ability rework. Also it would be nice to see which tier the ability is 1-5 etc.

Day and night cycle would be pretty cool as well.
    Skeletons, bats, ghosts, and haunted remains spawning in small amounts through out Galebrook at night would be awesome and more of a challenge to players.

Also a /cleartower for names would be nice. If in a tribe have /cleartower permissions set to Elders, if no tribe then able to do it freely.

/timestamp toggle for all chats

An up arrow that takes you to the top of the chat box. Lots of people AFK and want to catch up on chat. It is time consuming to manually scroll up to the top, sucks :C. We already have an arrow for the bottom of chat.

/system for ON/OFF for craft/knit/repair spam toggle, item break chance persists.

Ignore List Features

Have /ignore persist through logins
    Also an /ignore list command to see who you have ignored.

More suggestions here that have support from players 🙂

Suggestions: System Chat Toggle, Clear Tower Names, /ignore features

Some Suggestions

@tiggz Has a great suggestion on tribe alliances. An alliance door is a good idea. For towers, have them not attack alliance members, or better yet a special tower for alliances or an /upgradealliance or something similar to set towers not to attack alliance members. That way a tribe can still have their own towers protecting rooms such as vaults.

Some Suggestions

(Sorry Derick, not trying to hijack thread, just adding my suggestions in, hope you understand :)!)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  irukandji.

Skeleton

I’ll throw into this as it seems best to keep this at the forefront.

18. Visible respawn timer for the Skeleton Boss, as well as addition of new, harder bosses.

Perhaps an item or a drop from it? Skull-themed hourglass as a sprite – or a large community one in the middle of the market square although fluff-wise that may pose a problem.

Re repairing – whilst I’d find it easier to have the in-inventory option, it does make more sense and prompt more fun to have the risk and give extra reasons to repair things at home.

As for my own suggestions – posted here in the short form to avoid over-stretching:

*Not displaying shared IPs
    *Damage restricted to come from only 1 player within a few seconds
    *Friend system
    *Land management

Skeleton

A destruction-free zone where only common items can be dropped / stored.
    Perhaps allocated lots.

In the outer world, structures settle, slowly reaching their maximum HP rather than immediately reaching it. Any repairs to them gradually increase or lower the cap to come in line with your current construction level. This makes all newly built walls equal and rewards the stability and maturation of a base whilst not requiring a complete restructure to up their durability once a player’s skills increase.

Something mentioned in another thread in relation to creating doppleganger NPCs from bone piles, in itself a great idea, perhaps a mob that spawns a clone of you which acts like a chaos but with your stats and equipment – whether ephemeral copies or actually taking the equipment. Whether as a duplicate on fighting – a weak monster making you fight the shadow of yourself – or a monster which summons the copy of you on your death.

Armour class effects could also be an interesting addition. Light armour boosts mobility, evasion and attack speed, heavy is protection and shield based, medium is a lesser mix of the two.

Polar Bear

Make double tapping a direction move your character in that direction until you hit an object, or you change direction.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

Going to try and keep this updated with suggestions from the Discord

• Ability to see and pick an item in a stack you want instead of picking up and going through the whole stack.
    • More uses for milk. Perhaps cheese?
    • More market rentals.
    • Ability to name dogs.
    • Flour, a machine to grind flour, an oven to bake (or use bloomery).
    • Marriage system.
    • Carts, mules, or horses to ride.
    • Fruit trees. Can go hand in hand with baking.
    • Auto-craft fuction, craft all, and craft X amount.
    • Option to have dogs aggro mobs /guard or something similar. /come # to have an amount of dogs come instead of all of them, when the /stay command has been executed.
    • EDIT: bullet points lol

XGoldenX

Lvl 82 Brazil
    Polar Bear

Wow, I cant wait for the next updates!

Regarding repair items in underworld, I figured out a good way to do it without drop all your items and after that step on a hole (thats a horrible experience, believe me).

1 – craft 2 or 3 stone/wood or clay floor and use it.
    2 – drop your items on the floor and repair it.
    3 – be happy ?

Best Regards

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

– Mounts
    – More abilities
    – Cross Bow / More weapons
    – Ability to color structures
    – Fix towers for when you join and leave a tribe, or join a new one
    – A spice for Myst gain

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions from the Discord’ is closed to new replies.