Soo… 'bout these repair changes..

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Soo… 'bout these repair changes..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Derick

Lvl 148 USWest
    Goblin

Structure repairs were changed recently to be roughly half of what it used to be and flint was changed to be used on every single action with the repair kit when repairing structures. Decay rate was also increased, as I had suspected, but just saw confirmation for.

I’ve repaired all my tribe’s structures twice since this update. I have the highest repairing skill, so it falls upon me.. I burned through our entire stash of 6000 flint over the course of these two repairs and had to tell my tribe leader today that we’re going to have to completely rethink our base and probably get rid of the farm altogether. Fingers crossed that we can stockpile flint effectively enough to keep our shops open… But basically, we’re going to have to start mining or raiding full time just for flint. Believe me when I say that none of us want to do either of those things, lol.

Admittedly, we do hold several very large structures with a relatively small number of players.. The farm was made public about a month ago, but the discourtesy of certain players combined with this update is likely going to cause us to let it go entirely.

Another note I want to make is that no one enjoys repairing.. I don’t personally see any reason to nerf it from its previous state at all, let alone so harshly. We needed a better flint sink, that much I understood, even though I feel this is far too much. But with the second highest repairing on my server, I don’t feel like I should have to spend as much time as I do repairing even our main tribe base, let alone the other facilities we own.

Agree? Disagree? Let me know what you think below. Personally, my fingers are crossed that this gets reversed or revised very soon.

Polar Bear

I guess this is admin’s way to deal with limited space availability complaints.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

There are + and – to the decay and repair update.

+ Being now players who join for a week, build large bases and farms, then quit. Leaving little space for new players.
    – People who do play but build way too much.

– Yeah it will take longer to repair, and use up lots of flint. But flint has been slightly ignored until now.

If a tribe has a big base, everyone could take turns or do sections I suppose.

It will give everyone a chance to get a good amount of repair experience, which in turn is good for repairing items quicker 🙂

Narcissist

Lvl 59 USEast
    Goblin

It is much past everyone can grab some exp and more to looks like I have to get blues in repair because I’ll hit level cap doing half of main base. Not fun.

Erected

Lvl 164 London
    Goblin

Honestly. This update kinda sucks from my point of view.

If you don’t make enough walls between loot and exterior, you get raided.
    If you do make enough walls between loost and exterior, you have to spend insane amounts of TIME and FLINT (which in the end is more time mining) to repair it.

Honestly, this update is kinda to force players to have shitty hatchets that can be raided easily.
    Oh I almost forgot, he also made the repairs to must happen more frequently.
    So to sum up, what do we have?: Insane amounts of Flint, Insane amount of time invested onto repairing even with high repairing skill. Insane amounts of repairs a week.

Dude, I may move to market square, cheaper and you can’t be raided.

PD: I almost forgot. You not only use twice the flint because of the half % repaired on hit, but also over 4 times the flint because now it’s every action that spends flint instead of every 3-4.

GG dev, let’s all mine as slaves not enjoying the PvE content or move to market.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  Erected.
    Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

I think the Devs have the right idea but just went a little too far in the execution. I really think the decay rate was just sped up too much and the flint usage was increased too much. This update just needs some fine tuning to find a happy medium. We are going to have to reduce base sizes either way, it’s becoming problematic for growing the community. I’ve noticed that base maintenance was already taking too much time away from actually playing the game even before the update.

The things we own end up owning us.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  Enzymes.

Goblin

Yeah, I kinda agree the update seems a bit too harsh. Maybe make the decay goes faster only when the walls have below 50% HP.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

I definitely agree the decay rates and the rate at which flint is used could be adjusted but I do see the benefits of this change too and I hope it does actually cause players to reduce their bases sizes or at the very least remove the ability for few players to easily maintain large compounds containing nothing which only serve to hoard natural resources and animal spawns.

Besides that, I think most would agree the constant teleporting in to someone else’s gigantic walled off locations only to be killed by them while possibly losing good gear or items is one of the more annoying issues in this game.

Polar Bear

These repairing changes are excessive. If repairing structures gets half the repairing skill bonus, that means the flint/time cost to fix walls is doubled. If Flint is drained on every swing instead of being a 25-50% chance (I don’t know exactly), then that means the flint cost is 4x-8x!

Increasing decay rate on top is this is just salt in the wound. I understand that this game is in development but just like the initial Infamy release I believe Admin and the rest of the crew could have taken a few more minutes to realize that this change’s impact is just too much. Also I would like to point out that the devs were just as heavy handed with the repairing changes as they were infamy except for one key difference: Infamy was explained and justified to us when it was released. I think everyone would benefit if, in the future, no adjustments larger than 10-25% were made without extensive justification. (I’m scared to find out what pushed the team to nerf repairing structures so hard, I’m almost certain the reason doesn’t justify a 8x cost increase…)

As it is, you go to bed one night and wake up to repairing costing 8 times the flint. I respect the dev team but I think the community will agree with me when I say ‘what were they thinking?’. I would really appreciate it if the dev team also scaled back the changes more than they did infamy, which still has it’s own set of issues (like how it doesn’t actually deter noob killers who use alts…).

Tux

Lvl 120 USEast
    Polar Bear

I want to point out that repairing bases is ALOT easier still than it use to be. The decay rate use to be higher than what it is now. We did NOT have aoe repair. I use to repair each wall one by one and still had a big base as protection. This still seems so easy with the changes to decay rate and aoe repair. I repair stuff so much quicker than I use to. It’s really not that bad.

Also, I believe decay rates is how much a wall loses in HP not actually how fast each wall loses HP. I think the rate of each one’s chance of getting hit with decay is still the same, but I could be wrong.

This is really necessary so it makes it tougher for people to make multiple massive bases. You make what is necessary. It also makes it harder for people to wall off a whole biome, which I think is a plus.

Large tribe bases should have everyone helping with repairs not just one person. That’s the reason why you’re in a tribe. It’s beneficial for everyone.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

//CLOSETHREAD

That’s a wrap everyone.

Tux just owned this thread.

I started not too long before AoE repair.

AoE repair is still a god send.

Get out there and mine for flint, or buy it from those who do.

////

Goblin

Right idea wrong execution the price to buy the flint to upkeep a regular base youre better off renting a non raidable market house. Fix this admin you effed up bad you need a test server before u execute these major changes to see how it affects everyone.

Goblin

With that said everything else seems fairly balanced just the price of flint is the main issue here also maybe changing the weight of flint to be lighter will make farming it easier

Wolf

Sounds like if it either went back to old usage of flint with new changes or new changes but old decay rate it would fix the problem quite easy with any arguments.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

We should go back to no AoE repair.

Repair structures/walls one at a time.

Then no one can complain at this change.

@admin Please make this happen.

At the very least, a day or a few.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  irukandji.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Soo… 'bout these repair changes..’ is closed to new replies.