Pet system

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Pet system

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Penguin

We have the dogs for ages now, so, pretty much adding new pets ??????????????????????????????????????????? in game will be more fun. Also can you add an option of us naming our pets. It doesn’t make any sense if dogs tamed by players has the same name on them.

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

i like the idea

Skeleton

Pets that gain exp and level up. 🙂

Glass

Lvl 390 USEast2
    Wolf

good idea Daryl

keebo

Lvl 7 USWest
    Goblin

+1

Jusr

Lvl 10 USWest
    Wolf

They should be able to reincarnate then too! ?

Skeleton

Doubt mob pets will happen but perhaps if we interrupt mob v mob there’s a chance the survivor joins us.

Penguin

I like this idea, maybe adding them a bag system so they can carry your extra loot. For suppliers and miners this would be a big help.

Skeleton

Training dogs to run to your base would be cool. People would try tk kill them to nab the loot.

Would add a lot to server strain and kind of a gimmicky system so more thought than actual suggestion.

watersoul

Lvl 82 SEAsia
    Penguin

Where do I find dogs ?

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

The ‘safest’ place to find dogs would be in the underground, level 3 – basically go down stairs and then go down another set of stairs. Bring a lantern with you in case you fall down a hole, and try to remember where the stairs you went down were so you can easily go back up. You’re taking a risk if you go up some random set of stairs, sometimes people build traps.

You can also randomly find them on other underworld levels, further down than that.

You will want to drop 1-2 pieces of cooked or uncooked food (but not OLD food) for the dog, when he says Arf! he will begin following you around. You can say stay in local chat (only) to make him stay, you can say come to make him follow you again. You should put him near a bed so he can heal and feed him after he’s yours, but not TOO much food (you can check his hunger level by clicking on him and then clicking info, from a distance or with /pvp off). Also, other people can steal your dogs by feeding them, and if you put them in your house they will eat your food, honey, pepper, and herbs.

MIGHTMISS42o

Lvl 115 USEast2
    Polar Bear

+1 for a pet mule. A camel or something that u can literally put loot into. Can be lvled up like dogs, its lvl will determine the amount of carrying capacity, health, atk, def. However I feel like the new mule should only have its own weight (doesnt increase the players) that way you have to deposit items into the mule. Kind of like a bank. When u click the camel should say “deposit” or “withdrawal”. When the camel is killed it will automatically drop everything it was carrying. To make things interesting and not care bear.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

lol it seems mean but +1 to the pack animal dropping everything upon death if we’re going to have pack animals, otherwise its just a means to bypass gaining myst for packrat

Levarith

Lvl 151 USTexas
    Wolf

Let me just go ahead and state what hasn’t been said yet. The “silent” majority of players don’t care about dogs, dog training, or any sort of addition or enhancement to the pet system.

Development time would be much, much better suited towards enhancing game play that everyone can enjoy instead of a very small percentage of the player base.

Please, no more pet content…enough time has already been wasted on it.

Penguin

The arena patch is on hold for a bit as I’m going to finally resume working on the animal farming and monster taming system. This will add a new ‘taming’ skill and help the animal population issues, so look forward to that ?

Source from September 2017

I don’t think you have anything to worry about, Pennywise.

Besides, more pets shouldn’t be too hard to make considering the code for dogs is there already. Just needs a new sprite and maybe different food item requirements. I’m more concerned about how dogs move slowly, don’t survive long and block your path during the short while they do, it makes them too niche if you ask me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Pet system’ is closed to new replies.