Infamy promotes low level griefers and prevents anyone from stopping them

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Infamy promotes low level griefers and prevents anyone from stopping them

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Hey guys, I want you to know I think some of your points are very valid. I like to hear about the numbers, and the 15 gold cost for instance may be reduced in one of the future balance patches. The speed debuff may change, the cap for attacking as well. These things take time to get right. It’s still a beta and you guys are helping test.

The quickest way to get things changed, as my usual testers will tell you, is just explain plainly a situation where you think a number might be too low or high, or a bug occurred. Sensationalism or threats to leave the game makes it harder to take the post as serious and a valid complaint may not get as much traction.

The system was just released – Many systems in the past like myst, weight, dungeon generation etc took weeks to strike the right balance. I’ve been making changes every day to improve it but I just ask for a little patience as I gather data and consult with testers. I’ll be doing another daily balance patch today as usual. We’ll get it right in the end.

Penguin

Three members of my tribe just quit because this infamy idea. Another tribe member just lost his dog and couldn’t even get revenge. Everyone hide your dogs the trolls are after them!

Wolf

@admin In this particular case, where the implementation is causing a violent reaction and driving players away from the game, balance should be found elsewhere (such as a test server)

This morning, a level 10 attacked me. Repeatedly, after I asked him to stop. He was infamous (being shot by MARKET TOWERS), I get fed up and turn him into a smear, and take 10K infamy for it. What is that? Seriously. My day in game is.. well, done.

Wolf

@admin I understand that you want to protect noobs from higher levels, and how the infamy system was meant to stop it from happening. However, the way the infamy system was executed is flawed, as in addition to stopping pks on noobs, you also stopped pks and raiding in general. Killing ANYONE, even a low level griefer gives us HOURS of infamy. Raiding anybody with towers is IMPOSSIBLE because of the infamy you get. You can’t protect the “silent majority” if it doesn’t exist. All servers are against the infamy system as it ruins the sandbox if this game.

As for Trunks “justified troll because of high level abuse”, we never abused our power. We killed him twice outside his house for helping symulant attack, and successfully kill a fleet member, Eradomens. He then goes and places blocks on the main road, which takes hours to break and claims abuse. Also @admin, you claim that this griefing has brought the community together… It hasn’t. The only reason we’re not killing each other is because killing anyone gives us 10k infamy, regardless of level. We don’t want to waste hours of gametime hitting a dummy to get rid of infamy, or waste 100 gold to get rid of it.

The game was fun when it was a player-run justice system because it gave us freedom to play the way we like, be it killing others, building roads, helping the community, raiding etc. The infamy system basically forces us to play passively, else risk getting hours of infamy. The people who make the rules, the high levels, deserve to do so because they worked to get as strong as they are. If any noobs don’t like the way it works, then they can work to become strong and change it.

The best solution right now for the infamy system is to remove it until it is perfected, or a new system is implemented. @admin you cant keep ignoring the majority of the playerbase because your “expirements” say otherwise. You can’t implement a system that completely prevents PvP and raiding if a main attraction of the game is PvP and raiding. There have been many suggestions to fix the system, maybe if you took the time to read them, and understand the flaws of the Infamy system, you can fix it, and make the game enjoyable for everybody’s playstyles.

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Here’s a good example of what I mean: 2 players on USEast just discovered a bug where in some instances a newbie could get hits off without getting infamy triggered.

It was reported to me very simply – I verified it and fixed it. I have just uploaded the patch and also cleared everyone’s infamy who is online or sleeping. I also upped the attacking cap to 30s from 10s, with a 10s gain per hit. This may be what happened to you Fappy.

Also these things won’t be discovered on my test server easily because I need a high population to recreate these scenarios. You guys are the best test servers 😀 I have fixed 3 extremely rare crashes in the last week for instance that have never been found on the test server over 2 years.

So please report things as plainly as possible so you will be heard – I can’t read all the really long posts I apologize.

Wolf

@admin – Suggestion: Why not have infamy work on a sliding scale? Make it harder to gain and get rid of. But going above say 1000 infamy means other players can attack you in safe zones, and the towers in market and crossroads will target you.

A player who kills one low level (sub-30)? Might gain a large burst of infamy, say 500 – to prevent habitual newb killing. Other kills would add smaller amounts depending on level differences.

This way, players who habitually PK would eventually gain an “Outlaw” flag and be killable in Market Square and Crossroads, as well as taking tower fire there. Outlaws could “regain” infamy through altars (expensive) or by hunting other outlaws.

Just an idea.

RobinHood

Lvl 95 USEast
    Polar Bear

do you really expect us to pay 15 gold to kill a griefer 1 time when they can respawn all they want

No my man, absolutely not. It would be absurd if a griefer could just cost you 15 gold on a whim. Thing is whether you kill a griefer or not, he is gonna continue to grief you. So let’s set griefing aside for a sec.
    If you wanna go around and slaughter like five or six new players who are out there struggling in the world, cost them time and resources that you might take for granted, then yeah absolutely, you should have to pay 15 gold to get off the hook.

To give a perfect example of why this flawed, broken system doesn’t work – a level 10 just aggro’d me and was hitting me repeatedly. He had infamy. I turned, after taking a good few hits, and pasted him.

Welcome to 10K Infamy. Or, in other words, six hours of weapon training while I wait for it to go away.

He had infamy. For attacking me. Yet, when I kill him, I take a massive penalty even though he’s a wanker.

Good job dude you found a bug, but I get credit for it cause I reported it properly instead of being a cry baby.

Now you say if they attack you first you dont get penalized…FLAWED.. a troll doesnt have to attack anyone to troll simply blocking roads is enough for a troll how are you gona get a troll to attack you first when their troll is to block roads not kill people so you can NEVER use that feature if they dont attack first which is the key word of the day….FLAWED.

Now you say the original game had this issue so its fine…FLAWED i have never seen more then 100people in East server want to know why… because people QUIT because of these..FLAWS!.

Next …Flaw..if u saying “oh he built on main road people shoulda took advantage my 5minute build rule” bring east server most people have same time zone…most your community have jobs have kids or have school or even just a life. Some troll can simply login at 4am eastern time when normal people sleep and succesfully troll while your main players who stay to play are sleeping. Are you seriously suggesting we will have to play server body guard down main roads taking shifts just to prevent road blockers which dont attack people so cant be killed for low infamy penalty…heres that word.. FLAWED.

None of this has anything to do with infamy, it can all be done just as effectively with or without the system. You’re losing the ability to freely kill someone who wants you to kill them and loses basically nothing by dying, so what?

You can’t implement a system that completely prevents PvP and raiding if a main attraction of the game is PvP and raiding.

It doesn’t prevent pvp or raiding at all. Tower infamy caps at like 300 seconds. You only get like one or two minutes of infamy for killing someone near your level, increasing as the level gap widens. So like what is this thrilling pvp you’re dying to have, just you walking around killing weaklings and taking their wool?

Wolf

Good job dude you found a bug, but I get credit for it cause I reported it properly instead of being a cry baby.

Better to be a cry baby than a self-righteous asshole.

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Fappy I appreciate your suggestion – it’s a simple and reasonable take on the direction I’m going.

I’m looking forward to when I can add an infamy icon next to people’s names and get the balance all sorted out. It’ll be fun 🙂

Goblin

@robinhood How is none of what you quoted me for have nothing to do with infamy its clearly showing that just because the troll isnt attacking and trolling in non violent ways that we cant kill them anymore without being punished by ….infamy. so it has a lot to do with infamy because it prevents you from killing a road blocker who hasnt attacked you first and continues to troll in non violent ways preventing the community from killing the troll because…infamy. without infamy we can kill non violent trolls. With infamy we cant.

RobinHood

Lvl 95 USEast
    Polar Bear

Killing a non-violent troll does nothing to curb their behavior. If you catch a road blocker, you can just destroy the walls and take the resources. If you don’t catch him(her), well you wouldn’t have been able to kill him(her) anyway.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

@admin Regarding walls, I think 5 minutes is too short before they gain full strength. It might be better if walls built increased to their full HP (as in the HP determined by the crafter) over a longer duration of time. How long that should be exactly I’m not sure but I am sure that 5 minutes is not enough.

Goblin

@robinhood by killing a non violent troll you prevent them from non violent trolling. How can you expect find their road block in 5 minutes when it takes 5 mins just to get from polar to desert alone. And if no one is online during late night dead hours how will we find their roadblock within the 5 minutes. It simply cant be done 5 minutes is no where near enough time and onxe the 5mins is up there goes hours of free time to destroy a wall which people who have lives cant spare.

Dragonhero

Lvl 67 USWest
    Penguin

Infamy is killing the game….if someone breaks into your house and steals your stuff…..and you kill them….why would you get punished…..please remove…..there are already ppl leaving the game….I have experienced this and it sucks…admin towers in marketplace make no sense…..if you kill someone your gonna die….if you want pvp to stop then remove the ability of pvp…please remove infamy….☺ ty

Goblin

@dragonhero i agree if were gona be punished for pvp simply remove it and make a pvp server with these rules. Many awesome community helping people have put the game on hiatus because of this feature many which are even supporters. Also might as well just remove pvp from market place to prevent spawn killing since no one can build troll anyways in marketplace.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Infamy promotes low level griefers and prevents anyone from stopping them’ is closed to new replies.