Glitch abuse used as griefing method in Wellington

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Glitch abuse used as griefing method in Wellington

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Goblin

I am missing 2 posts in the forum that should not be missing.

One was from the people from the Asia server, the other was from Kantmiss from our server.

The forum posts informed about a glitch abuse used as a griefing method in Wellington.

What is the glitch?

They use a part of the code that was afaik installed in times when walling people in was a griefing trend.

The person in the base respawns upon logging in on the nearest nature tile outside.

They go and place a floor tile near a base wall and log out. Then they log back in. In some successful cases they end up inside of the walls. In Wellington.

They basically confuse the code that has no chance of knowing what is inside, what outside of a base (and in some complex and corner-rich bases that actually would not be easy even for us humans on the visible field so I am not surprised). They confuse it by placing a wall tile and hoping that then the code will think the side they stand on is the actual inside so they glitch to the other side if the code finds a nature tile there.

Now while people need to know that they need to tile their bases entirely, some have gardens inside. small farms. That you cannot protect so I do think a fix is necessary.

Yesterday a particular user griefed a neighbour and tribes mate of mine by glitching into a fully walled small farm and killing his 3 cows.

I myself am pretty sure I had the same griefer in my farm enclosure too.

I can imagine a number of my neighbours in Wellington confirming this if they came back but i see their bases crumble eventually after a number of these griefing cases.

People being driven away from the game (as clients, as real potential future clients driven away) is not a theory, I see it with my own eyes all around me.

Can we get those dudes in control somehow or do I have to live with the prospect of some day playing with 5 teens with anger issues on one whole server?

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

Tile your base. Topics about this have already been started. Not a glitch.

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

put road tiles around your base too, so they cannot place wall/floor

Wolf

yep. all my shops and bases have roads surrounding them. its easy to avoid if you use the games own built in mechanics thats already there.

Kazul

Lvl 248 USEast
    Goblin

You should probably just move onto a different game, snowflake. Or learn how to play and put floor tiles to secure your base.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

I don’t disagree that many players both new and old are run off of a server due to relentless griefing, raiding, etc. but this “glitch” in particular isn’t a glitch at all. The guide warns you to floor your entire base as does the wiki and in fact even if a player did not get inside due to the nature tiles any items you have placed on floor tile will eventually decay when the tiles do because you never bothered to tile the entire area anyways.

Goblin

I disagree with this view, Kaios.

Just as the people in the vanished thread wrote – if griefing this way way supposed to happen in Wellington, then why installing a Wellington at all.

See, buiding in Wellington is not as easy and fast as it is in GB. Starting up new accounts need time to be able to even get the myst they need, not to mention the ressources. Later on, they need building alts if they want to keep their base they put time and effort to (and that is their right to do, to prefer to keep their WT bases).

But in the starting time… you do not get a fully tiled base from one day to another.

For one.

And then later – what is supposed to be the outcome of your view that this is not a glitch abuse?

That people in Wellington cannot have farms? Because there is zero way to protect them?

Now dear pvp oriented guys: as much as I love word-fencing with you in posts that actually relate to you, I would ask the lot of you to let this thread get replies from people first who do like farms and farming. We know your typical comment that this is not Farmville but go pk us for this another 100 times, you won’t change it: we love this charming your Mystera Farmville here 🙂

And it is a fun part of the game. Why have farm animals, farm gates… if you are not supposed to be able to actually have a farm because every second a griefer is in the mood, they just can go ahead, glitch in and kill animals again.

So no – I do see it as a glitch abuse for the above mentioned reasons and have the following solution proposal:

1) make people respawn on the exact same spot that they logged out.

2) for cases of people being walled in / blocked by people at their doors, make “unstuck” react a bit faster than it does right now.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

As the owner of a very nice farm, outside of wellington, I know that this method of gaining entry to grief or kill my animals exists. I have myself roped into other peoples farms to kill chaos, and then put floor tiles in a corner, knowing they’ll decay swiftly, to let myself out.

This is not a glitch or a bug, as addressed previously in the other thread(s). This is a game mechanic. Whether or no the admin cares to disable this game function from Wellington specifically is up to them, but as it stands right now that’s how the game works. Put tiles in or, don’t hoard the usable land in wellington and just farm freely without walls as they could be considered an attractive nuisance to those looking to start drama.

Niconicolas

Lvl 56 SEAsia2
    Polar Bear

i cant imagine how expensive it must be to make a 4×4 wood house on wellington! it would require probably a few million wood, and oh god the myst costs! its probably over 500 thousand! (remove the thousand for actual price)
    1)in that case i could log off alts anywhere on the map,wait till someone built a base on it and log on to steal all the loot
    2)people already complain about unstuck because its abusable in situations like raiding,which is probably something u dont want to be easier to do 🙂

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

This method of entry works anywhere whether you are in Galebrook or Wellington. I do not really see why it is a big deal if someone spent myst to lay down floor tiles, access your farm and then kill 3 cows or whatever. It happens all the time in Galebrook whether they rope up from the underground or use the tile placing method. Also keep in mind a freshly created character only has a myst building cost of 20 up to level 8-10 which is really not expensive at all.

Kazul

Lvl 248 USEast
    Goblin

For someone who loves and enjoys this game so much. You sure are whining a lot, trying to get everything changed. Basically to be a different game that satisfies only you and not anyone who is already playing and has been playing just fine.

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

People who farm? That’s me!

Like I said earlier, not a glitch, not abuse.

Erected

Lvl 399 Europe
    Goblin

When someone raids you however it was done just learn from it and avoid it lol.

Lessons were taught:
    Floor your whole structure.
    Have the farm on different walls.
    Place towers in the farm.
    (If they are logged inside towers will shoot at them till they die…)
    Profit.
    (Why do you even want a farm where water costs myst?????.)

Goblin

Above are pretty shiny typical cases of pvpers and their mind set.

There is nothing you can do to avoid being raided – nothing else than presenting current state of the code art to the development, show them how it works when played and hope that they realise there is (….sigh…) indeed still work to do.

There is nothing you can do as a player to avoid being raided. With the right amount of people in a room with aggression issues, when you hear a moskito fly into the room you can watch WW3 break out.

I have no idea why you started to develop these typical argumentation lines years ago. I take it raiding a base and getting all those stuffs into your hands that some of you claim officially not to care much about… getting them must be still drive enough to jump into fora and write about “you can avoid being raided if you just…” just what. if i just stay nice, silent,aka sh*t up and lick a howdiyoucallit?
    well sorry bro, that won’t happen.

Also on my server this tactics would be morally very deteriorating. The one tribe that has cared for most of GB looking like a european landscape after WW1 is led by a person who bullies people with HIV in global chat.

Yes, there are people afraid they are raided otherwise and join this tribe just to stay out of trouble.

You call that a game then? When people are made to take choices they quite probably otherwise would not have taken?

Not ok, bro.

Repeat this is a glitch being abused, it is being used to grief WT players they otehrwise cannot touch. And is currently used on US2 by Gamesfreaks tribe led by MUI to grief WT neighbourhood explicitly

wisepaladin

Lvl 68 USWest2
    Polar Bear

Hmmm im not gamefreaks and you were saying disorient should not be avaible in Wellington a long time ago (1 week) because someone disoriented into neighbors houses yet all spells can be used for pve and guess what’s in wellington enemies….also you are only one of few from use2 who thinks that mui was bullying the person with hiv all he did was ask if the said person got it from sex or birth and u read wrong lines because people went to the condom bursting joke and you thought it was bullying but they were not directly talking to the hiv positive person as the topic had switched to sex. Also you need new facts as thats only thing you use to describe mui as bad use actual facts like lb positions like violent people he forced also its not abuse to be a feared clan as most are soft but have to act tough to avoid being killed or raided. Also to help you understand it is people abusing the mechanics of the game not glitches because nature tile spawn works as its supposed too. Anyways s of what im saying is you be talking about abusing the game mechanics when you make alts to stay in wellington.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Glitch abuse used as griefing method in Wellington’ is closed to new replies.