Ex post facto law

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Ex post facto law

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Kaylovespie

Lvl 2 London
    Skeleton

Left,

The other players have jumped in to correct most of the misconceptions here. Thanks everyone. That revision screenshot is the first revision, during the month the game was released. We wouldn’t lie or manipulate this because it could be called out easily by long time players. You asked for proof, we have gone well out of our way to do that and we don’t plan to do this again. If proof of our one rule being broken, that they definitely knew about, is not enough for you then I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

JVH loses precious development hours when serious exploits are abused but not reported. The ‘withholding’ part is important because otherwise players like Sephi can get away with saying they told someone else to report it, who could say the same thing, and so on. He hates rules but that’s a necessary one.

Consider his perspective, and that he has never received a single complaint about admin intervention or corruption after 11 years in Mystera. Though after a wave of proof and complaints about certain players breaking our rule and having a serious affect on the game, he has to act. If it wasn’t suspension it would be complete level loss or character deletion. That would look bad too, but something had to be done and he felt that suspensions that were at most 3 weeks, AFTER the death penalty reduction and AFTER locks were put in place, (not to mention the players claiming they were quitting) was plenty fair.

Ceaser after being warned went on to try and circumvent his ban multiple times which extended his suspension. Sephi after being warned harassed me in PMs repeatedly with personal attacks while I have been nothing but professional to her. I finally had to add 1 week to her suspension to lessen the attacks. Again we have nothing to hide.

The funding argument doesn’t make sense since the timestamp on JVH investigating the complaints by confronting Ceaser proves this started before any of the changes in donations. If anything this proves that JVH is impartial regardless of funding which is consistent in his beliefs for the game not being ‘pay to win’.

Now that you voiced your opinion which you have a right to, I would ask that you respect ours even if you don’t agree with it, and let’s all move on from this. Thank you.

Polar Bear

I would have reported the bug/exploit. I would have done so straight away if I felt that other players would be harmed from said exploit. The rules are defined. Just because you don’t know where to look doesn’t mean that they don’t exist.

You’re sadly mistaken if you think that Frost Legion was raided and looted. The base was attacked and nothing was taken as we didn’t breech the internal walls. Odo actually killed all the players inside the base.

RobinHood

Lvl 95 USEast
    Polar Bear

Iā€™m making the case that exterminating an entire tribe without warning because two of its members used an exploit to kill six people is unjustified in the absence of a set of terms that explicitly defines that as a potential punishment.

Jesus dude, are you even reading or comprehending anything in this thread.

Imagine one of your members talked about an exploit in chat then used it to kill several people. Would it be right for everyone in that discussion to receive one week bans?

If none of them report it? Yes. Yes to everything else that followed. I can say almost matter of factly that Frost Legion would be the first ones in line to kill banned players. They salivate for an excuse to kill people.

Polar Bear

Consider this your first complaint in 11 years then.

Wolf

Damm I missed big dramma there… What I can say… Sad. its very sad when good people has a ruffle with a good people. Good people has to be good with good people, vise versa.

Of course, there was rule “If you find a bug don’t exploit it, report it”… But there wasn’t listed punishment for breaking this rule. So banning the most active members of community for several weeks.. Its too harsh imho. Not because of the ban actually, but because of consequences: they can’t login —-> they would be butchered. So such bans its the same as death sentence, without any chance to defend.. Very cruel.

In this circumstances the best punishment was jail. Yes. Imprison people who made something bad in impenetrable jail, where they have to wait some time, where they would be safe till punishment would be lifted. And of course punishment has to be not for weeks, but 1-2 days. Cause they made something bad only _for the first time_ and they was _very good_ to community. Its important. Its not just noname people.

So.. They made bad stuff, but punishment was too much cruel imho. People didn’t know that there would be ban for days for breaking one rule. If they knew about it – they wouldn’t do such stuff. Punishments has to be listed before they applied.

But of course, they made a mistake. Who doesn’t make them? All make mistakes. But it was first mistake… Judges has to be indulgent to new criminals šŸ™‚ If we would put children in jail for stealing bread – it wouldn’t make him better person. I do not say that everything has to be forgiven – there has to be punishment. But it was just too cruel to this nice people.

Polar Bear

You’re acting like they would lose so much if they were attacked and died. The system is actually in their favor if they were to die now. Unlike all of the players that were unjustly slain.

Kaylovespie

Lvl 2 London
    Skeleton

Hi Tangar! Nice to see you again šŸ™‚ A lot has changed while you’ve been gone. Those FL members actually were no longer active in game, they stopped playing or post quit messages before the suspensions. Also as Apollo was pointing out the death penalty was changed so it’s not harsh anymore, you don’t lose much at all. It is actually like a jail in a sense now (fun idea btw!).

Kaylovespie

Lvl 2 London
    Skeleton

Left (or ‘right’ now I guess) – In light of this thread and overwhelming evidence I wouldn’t call your posts a complaint anymore but more of an attempt to troll. I don’t mean to offend but I should have known when you said from the beginning you knew I wouldn’t be able to post any proof and that your authoritative sources for information were the suspended players themselves.. Either way I guess you have done the community a big favor in bringing all this information to light for everyone to see.

I’m going to close this now that your request for proof to justify the bans has been fulfilled.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Ex post facto law’ is closed to new replies.