ALTS BEING USE TO DRAIN TOWER

Home Forums Mystera Discussion ALTS BEING USE TO DRAIN TOWER

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Penguin

People use alt to drain tower… like alot of alt… it should be against the rules or something, its unfair for someone to grind hrs for feather just to stock up their tower and then have the opposing team make 3-6 alts and die to tower constantly…

Goblin

It’s obnoxious, annoying, and frustrating. However, no matter what’s done, people will find a way to work around the system.

You have those that glitch into houses, by placing floor tiles if there is road or anything inside.

Alts being used to drain towers, so the players don’t have to pay any penalty to get your stuff.

The game is chock full of exploits use, it’s unfortunate, as it kills the experience for many, and has turned more than a few friends I tried to bring in away from game. Unfortunately, @admin can only do so much, and has to rely on a reasonably decent playerbase, that doesn’t intentionally look for ways to exploit and abuse the system.

If the game wasn’t abused by some of the players, it would be amazing. Unfortunately, there are those that will attempt to get personal gain through mechanic abuse, and you just have to deal with it.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

@admin you’ve really fucked a lot of players with the feather changes, no one can keep up with the amount of feathers required to maintain arrow towers at this rate.

Penguin

i suggest having a option of reporting players, then the admin can always check that players deathlist and have them result in banning for using alt to drain tower.. just my 2 cents tho

Goblin

Feathers aren’t a problem for me, properly farmed I keep my 50+ towers stocked easily. You just have to get used to the new method.

Wolf

There is no amount of coding that can fix all issues many of them greatly damaging game play. Particularly in one where we can change the environment to some extent.

I will say it AGAIN. ADMIN needs to own up to the fact that his coding can’t do all and empower a couple of players from each server with GAMEMASTER powers. People with integrity more so than game time. No egos. People that want the game to succeed. ADMIN instructs them on what behaviors he finds acceptable or not.

Just the fact there are GMs in game would be a huge deterrent to persons exploiting game mechanics etc. I honestly don’t think ADMIN intended alts to drain towers that can’t even be killed or infamy results. In most cases GMs wouldn’t have to take or report any action. Just them being there would do the trick.

Stop the circle jerk and add them already.

Polar Bear

^ won’t GMs limit the sandbox aspect of ML? I kinda prefer that the community does the work when it comes to behavioral issues of some players. An example of which is when Tux killed the fountain abusers. :)) that was epic. If someone’s gameplay bothers you, do something about it. It’s a sandbox game. Get creative.

Turtle

Dont we have traps?
    maybe more than spike traps?
    getting robbed isnt the end of the world. and youll get your hard earned stuff back. choctaw is onto something. someone who isnt gonna abuse the system, and actually u know, help.

Goblin

I like that we the players handled it, but then infamy came into being. You say do something about it, but countermeasures to doing something about it has specifically been coded into game.

You say when tux killed fountain abusers it was epic, could he do that anymore? Maybe 1 or 2 times, but then towers in market would be an issue.

I believe if you want to stand behind the defense of “it’s sandbox, do something about it” then you can’t tie the communities hands with any system such as infamy.

But overall, I think admin is trying to improve game, and I am still here because it is great. Unfortunately, even with all that said, I can’t support having game masters.

You say have someone with integrity, but for tux it was fountain abuse, for you it is something else, for me it’s glitching into people’s houses, for someone else it might just be excessive pvp.

Unfortunately you can’t give someone the keys to the kingdom, and expect them to be completely neutral. We can try to stay impartial, but humans have feelings, they are not a program, and unfortunately those feelings will sway how we act.

Goblin

What we have now is low lvl players that abuse infamy. If turn off infamy, we got high lvl players that abuse strength. So we can have compromise, gm that have few not op instruments, like set person in jail (hello hearthboxers) or shut up player chat spam. If gm been compromised, admin always can change it. So, I vote for gm, sure it must be friendly well-known player, like Seryn in use.

Wolf

Ah GMs have been in sandboxes since 2D came into existence after MUDs guys. Their sole purpose IS to preserve the integrity of the sandbox as deemed fit by their boss the developer. This is not some new concept so let’s handle some concerns by the numbers. If we had GMs after the new servers came into existence their would have been no infamy needed

@ Sarsi – I have always and every post I make has been in the players policing players so your comment seems dated. How can it be done? Only by creating alts ourselves. Is this how we are to spend our game time? Let’s say yes. On EAST is possible due to its peaceful mostly. On the other servers? Meh. Game of alts again. No thx. Ask Tux if such a thing as he was able to accomplish then with the fountain could be done now? Infamy prevents it.

@Dee traps? Huh? So restrictive to be useless. Also I don’t think you’ve been on the receiving end yet of a number 1 tribe like on TX openly admitting to using low lvl alts to suicide non stop onto a solo player they don’t like knowing he can’t defend his base or shop because of infamy. Your answer is its OK if he loses countless hours of hard work if robbed or base destroyed because he can get it back? Doesn’t seem fair.. Also think more devious.. What if that’s not their only goal? Their true goal could be to make it so stressful to try and defend against exploitation of game mechanics the man quits the game entirely. Shocker I know ppl do think that way. He can’t even kill them. Infamy.

@SPC yes you see the problem and I disagree with any GM being given keys to any city and I also believe their powers would be to enforce exactly what the developer states is intended. Exploitstion issues mainly. Integrity is not that hard to find in a game. If abused? OK your not GM anymore. Could even make those powers very limited. So for physical action needed? They could have file a direct report to ADMIN. Vs our current suggestion system from all. A direct conduit let’s say

Hell just a special font color could do it maybe that they toggle off and on when needing to address an issue.

ADMIN could work it out. I promise it would help.

Wolf

I would like to add something about GMs and exploits. And Integrity. The very same Tribe that is in my opinion exploiting game mechanics via infamy or did so yesterday for 8 hours non stop to drain towers…. That very same guild has at least two if not three people in it I would whole heartedly nominate to be a GM! Just because your a killer doesn’t mean you don’t have integrity. There are all different playstyles in the sandbox.

This thread today is tower draining, tomorrow will be something else and it will never end 🙂 add GMs and our ADMIN can focus on more game dev and our game gets released officially all the sooner

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

While no one likes to be raided, killed, or have towers drained.

They are all within the rules of the game and mechanics.

The only current game rules are report bugs, and do not exploit them.

Polar Bear

The whole GM discussin is derailing OP topic, but… I’ve played an indie game with power abusive GMs, and it was terrible. Who will monitor the monitors?

Polar Bear

@tirioll community will monitor GMs. If GM abuse his power we will report it to Admin and he will do something (maybe ban). I agree with GMs idea because you can’t write enough code to prevent every form of exploit or mechanics abuse.
    @irukandji yes, there is no rule against draining arrow tower, but do you think it’s fair to do it using alts?
    Furthermore, as @choctaw said, today is arrows draining with alts, tomorrow will be something else. GMs can stop this behaviour and Admin will have more time to focus on game content.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘ALTS BEING USE TO DRAIN TOWER’ is closed to new replies.