Alternative to shields

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Alternative to shields

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

actually my quick and dirty fix might actually be good for weapons requiring 2 hands. so might not be as dirty as i first though.

Turtle

I’d rather the game get more quality of life features like a way to port back to your home/town, a minimap so you can actually find you way around, levels showing beside enemy names so you have an idea what the hell you can fight. I’d also like the lag to be delt with, as the boring mining/chopping is even worse when it lags like hell on top of it. Movement speed needs a increase too, as its far to slow. I also wish you wouldnt drop the items in slots 1-9 of your inventory, as replacing them is a nightmare at times.

Beusy

Lvl 74 London
    Turtle

People are so obsessed with minimap. You guys are way to used to new casual friendly games.

Skeleton

+1 for the ethos of the quick and dirty fix but doubling it is too much and doesn’t take into account gem costs.

The lack of boost from gems and runes seems to be offset by the lack of speed penalty. People getting irritated over a tiny reduction for a huge problem seems questionable to me as I’d personally argue for greater limitations.

We can port. Use lanterns from UW. Easy enough to get there.
    We have a compass. Just make a note of where things are.
    Levels are shown when you click on the mob. Chaos and PC aside though, it’s always level 1 I believe.
    Movement speed increases based on Exploration and surface you’re traversing. Plenty of ways to enhance both.
    Don’t be overburdened to solve the dropping issue.

No tweaks needed for these.
    Simples 🙂

Derick

Lvl 95 London
    Goblin

OP makes a decent point. You are basically required to equip a shield to maximize slot-specific bonuses such as runes and enchantments, as well as shield specific bonuses, like block chance and increase defense bonus. Shields are very strong in their current state. As such, it seems pretty important to give them some drawback, such as the formentioned cooldown increase on weapons.

That said, I don’t see the problem with this. Just use a shield. At high levels, the bulk of your dps doesn’t usually come from auto-attacks, anyway, unless you’re using a dagger. And if you’re using your dagger for dps, you’ll unequip your shield while you do so.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to shields’ is closed to new replies.