Alternative to shields

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Alternative to shields

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    GBM

Lvl 200 USTexas
    Wolf

Wearing a shield slows you down by fixed number (+400) which i think is a big mistake. I feel it should be a percentage instead because it makes fast weapons like dagger and any future fast weapons they plan to implement terrible.

I think there really needs to be something you can equip in your offhand other then a shield to retain your ability to get Runes/Gems. or maybe even a dodge or attack bonus for being shieldless

if you have QUICK trait (-100):
    Dagger Without shield: 500-100 = 400
    Dagger With Shield: 500-100+400 = 800

so with daggers you attack 100% slower.

Sword without shield = 900-100 = 800
    Sword with shield: 900-100+400 = 1200

So with sword its 50% slower

These numbers are insane and show how poorly balanced weapons are in this game. the other issue is armor penetration on clubs making them the only viable weapon on PVP which is stupid as well.

Skeleton

Throw out the numbers for the other weapons and see how they compare …

GBM

Lvl 200 USTexas
    Wolf

all the other weapons are like 1000ish they will be just like sword. so maybe 45% slower instead of 50%

the issue is you are FORCED to use a shield because you loose:
    Shield block
    Gems
    Runes

I have not heard of anyone being shieldless. At most they have a shield with them and take it off a certain times so that they get quicker kills… but they always carry a shield.

Skeleton

So no hard data for the others, just the dagger?

GBM

Lvl 200 USTexas
    Wolf

i have no idea what your talking about or trying to say the values are all on the website

axe, spear, pickaxe, bow 1000
    club 1100
    hammer 1200

either leave an opinion on the matter or dont bother posting

Skeleton

Just indicating your bias 🙂

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Just indicating your bias

No you’re not, you’re trolling a perfectly fine thread with irrelevant responses. Like he said if you’ve actually got something to contribute to the idea then by all means do so otherwise stop posting because a majority of your posts are obnoxious and if I could pop them massive amounts of hot air would likely be released.

Cold1

Lvl 64 USTexas
    Goblin

Your still trolling forums..

I have heard a lot of others complaining about this issue, I don’t have a suggestion but dev should look into it.

BloodShot

Lvl 85 USTexas
    Goblin

i was thinking of this a while back. maybe allow players to dual wield 1 handed weapons while dropping accuracy by a certain ammount?

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

As a knitter I would not be opposed to knitting gloves that give runes but allow people to train unarmed or also use a onehander.

Skeleton

Or just enchant the needles?

And yes it’s a troll to point out that a weapon with the highest attack rate takes a slightly bigger hit when holding something that boosts defence. Terrible terrible realism.

tioluko

Lvl 41 USTexas
    Polar Bear

I really don’t like that the game literally forces you to go Weapon/Shield…

We could have some diversity, for example…

1h Weapon+Shield = what we currently have now, no change.
    1h Weapon+Nothing = cuz i love “einhander” style, that could get some evasion/precision bonus according to the unarmed skill.
    2h Weapons = I wish we REALLY had that (no…the ones we currently have doesnt count e.e) … they could have HUGE damage, but reduced accuracy.
    Full Unarmed = really need some heavy boost, because thats 2 runed slots youll be losing… maybe more damage/skill points, or just add unarmed weapons like gloves, claws, etc
    Weapon+Weapon = I know ppl already want dualwield to be a thing, but that really require some well thougth balancing (i don’t have a clear idea on how would that work)

Thats just some ideas (probably bad ones), but the fact is… we really need more variety (aka: the topic title)

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

Not gloves for knitting. Gloves that you have to knit.

Skeleton

I hope for that too tio

There’s a post somewhere suggesting tweaks to make every weapon worthwhile rather than having the default be spear or club.

Polar Bear

Here are some suggestions

Quick and dirty fix – weapon runes & gems count 2x unless shield is equiped

Dual Wield – allow dual wielding of same weapon, damage based off only primary weapon (could highlight in different color), but weapon speed ms reduced (so faster attacks)

suggestions along the same line of thinking:

Make a knitted shirt that gives no armour and counts as being unarmoured. a +3 would give 3unarmoured or something instead of defence. This way people who want to lvl unarmoured can put runes into something.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to shields’ is closed to new replies.