Abuse and Bullying in USE

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Abuse and Bullying in USE

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Serenitybug

Lvl 55 USEast
    Penguin

Ruth… No one is buying your sob story. You’re a troll, you constantly cause problems then cry about the consequences. You had an altercation with Rothschild who you teamed up with despite being warned that he’s a known troll. When he did what he does, you blew up. At that point it was your fault. Grow up.

Dissaray

Lvl 97 USEast2
    Skeleton

If developer will make pve servs, pvp servs will be just a stupid massacre, cause all toxic killers will come here. Bad idea. And its not a pvp game. Pvp game and game with pvp is diferense. Pvp game – all you can do is pvp Game with pvp – you can do not only pvp. All players choose how they will play, build youre nice tribe and live happy, or just be stronger than all and kill everythink. It shows nature of players. Sad, but not all humans adecvate in real world, so what they will do in game?

P.S. Sorry for mistakes. I dont try to hurt feelings of someone :*

Penguin

I am west player and have been for a long time understood what I was getting into when I started but was not prepared for what it was my first couple months of play was rough got murdered numerous times and yes just starting out if you really mess up you will die allot more than I did and yes you can call it a prison system if you want but if you play keep you’re head down don’t start drama game play gets allot better

PeaTearGrifn

Lvl 135 USWest
    Penguin

Hehe…theres lots of open spaces above and below ground….I literally just made a new 21×26 shop…I have 1 neighbor…well 2 if you go 30sq north..ya’ll gotta walk around more, cant enter gb west side see buildings wwalk south see rows. assume entire server full up, if you cant find a spot ask around, I could find a good spot to build in about a minute w nice neighbors too far east side ftw!! Its not as inconvenient place to build as you might think, cuz of Peaks and South sands you can cross all of gale in no time ? *The More You Know*

Wolf

I don’t like hearing people say that folks brought abuse on themselves by trolling. It’s human nature “when in Rome, do like the Roman’s do”. When you join this game, you see people trolling, roasting each other, disrespecting each other, and anyone who objects publicly to it – like yours truly – gets that much and worse.

True, you reach a point where you realize how desperate and pathetic the hateful players are, how desperate they are to make you think they’re Ignoring you, you begin to realize that they only terrorize the vulnerable and susceptible, like children, and vulnerable adults.

But then it hits you….you see stuff in the news about people like that, people who prey on the vulnerable, who emotionally and psychologically abuse their fellow students over social media until some poor kid finally can’t take it anymore and does the worst….

And what do the culprits say? “Should have had thicker skin”, “not my fault he/she has no sense of humor”, “this is how the real world works”

NO. Not everyone is empathy-impaired. Not everyone delights in other people’s misery. Not everyone has “jokes” and “humor” and it 100% always being at the expense of someone the “joker” KNOWS is unhappy with how they’re being treated.

Look, “this is the internet” as an excuse, is like “kids will be kids” when one kid talks another kid into sticking their hand into the pot of boiling water, or “pranks” someone else by stuffing their head into a toilet. It’s ugly, it’s NOT okay, and I really think it’s time people find a way to enjoy PvP without escalating it to abusive, toxic behavior.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

*hands XARXU a blast shield on his way out for a haircut*

You shouldn’t need it, but still.

The impression I get a lot from these situations is someone did everything they thought they were supposed to do to be accepted/included, but got a raw deal anyway, and didn’t see the community stepping up to help them, and after a while of this happening they figure screw it, if nobody’s going to help then they can’t complain when I give them a dish of what they’ve been abandoning me to deal with, etc., so they pull back to only caring about their closest in-group and anyone else deserves whatever they do to them because it’s their fault in the first place for betraying the original trust.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

@seryn – that’s pretty much it, and I’ve seen it from a few, we had a guy on TX that after one person raided him informed the rest of us that he was making a map of all our houses for when he got stronger and was going to kill us all – and not just kill the jerks, but ALL OF US. This of course never came to fruition, it generally doesn’t, but I have never understood the concept of being the bigger jerk. If I’m bullied and I don’t like it why would I want to subject someone else to the same thing or anything remotely similar? I can’t even grasp where I’d begin if I wanted to be like that.

I still believe that patience and calm works out in the long run, whereas throwing gasoline on a flamethrower seems to make things worse. Everyone is entitled to opinion but its not a democratic situation, if there is more “might” than there is “right” then you have to have some sense of what might happen when you open your mouth to express yourself. This is a role playing game in which the other role players may opt to play the “server-wide murderfest troll” role while I’m trying to play “grind and and help others unicorn” role; I accept that if I walk outside my house I might die. I may or may not be avenged or avenge myself, a week later it probably wont matter – if that person is truly toxic to the server the server will deal with him. If the server wants more trolls than unicorns and I can’t stand the thought of other people choosing to be jerks then I’m probably playing the wrong game.

Cadaverizer

Lvl 36 USEast
    Polar Bear

Please don’t let Ruth convince you “she” is a good player just trying to get by on USE. “She” trolls hard and is, shall we say “Ruthless”. “She’s” nasty, vulgar, obscene, and just doesn’t care about making Mystera a better place.

If you’re around when “she” is, you know exactly what I mean. At first, it was funny. Now, it’s extremely annoying. It’s to a point now where “she” makes alts to continue trolling after everyone has put “her” on ignore.

Ruth’s pronoun is in quotes because I’m not convinced Ruth is actually a female with the way “she” speaks and acts sometimes.

Ruth is mad their tribe got raided, and even more mad that we won’t put up with her garbage attitude.

Wolf

This is a role playing game in which the other role players may opt to play the “server-wide murderfest troll” role while I’m trying to play “grind and and help others unicorn” role; I accept that if I walk outside my house I might die. I may or may not be avenged or avenge myself, a week later it probably wont matter – if that person is truly toxic to the server the server will deal with him. If the server wants more trolls than unicorns and I can’t stand the thought of other people choosing to be jerks then I’m probably playing the wrong game.

@paisley, you hit the nail on the head there. Despite allusions to the contrary, many of us found this game in Google Play while trying to find a fun Sandbox RPG game to play. That said, nobody needs to prove anything to people on a game if that game is having nothing but an awful effect on those people.

I think most people’s issues will resolve themselves once they die a few times, experiment with a few things, read the official Guide, and associate with the players who are friendlier (smarter), and put as much time (if not more) into their own personal growth than others.

That said, I don’t think “tough love” towards newbies is appropriate until after the newbie and the person(s) in question have built a rapport. There are rules when it comes to interacting with strangers, and while many RPG players online are going to be younger, this is a great opportunity for everyone to understand the importance of putting one’s best foot forward, and not making a fool of themselves just because they think somebody else is acting like a fool.

It’s hard for me to determine where the line is drawn between that, and the trolly internet ‘humor’ I see (and sometimes dabble in) on a daily basis, but not everything can be planned out in advance; a big part of this is going to be trial and error and keeping an open mind.

ArcusNW

Lvl 148 USEast
    Turtle

I’m just here to collect salt and tears to add to my cooking recipes!
    ?????????????

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

just doesn’t care about making Mystera a better place.

I mean, it is USE. Considering the people who did want to build a good community mostly ended up dead or shut up a proliferation of more bad apples isn’t surprising.

Not saying there aren’t a ton of perfectly great people on USE, a majority even–it just doesn’t seem to be where the hegemony of the playground lies anymore, and that will continue to have persistent effects on behavior and who sticks around.

YoungGunzz

Lvl 64 USTexas
    Turtle

There’s only ONE RULE don’t abuse bugs. This games problem isint the way people want to play. Most the people that want to change this game to pve dont understand the game or the fact that it is a pve game with hardcore elements. We have all fallen in love with that and it’s why we continue to play the game for so long even if we don’t always agree with the updates, take the hardcore elements out of the game and it will be dull. I’m a med lvl in my server that loves PvP. I notice even the strongest players are weak with infamy. Infamy really balances out things also the lack of competition due to low population servers is why players are able to “run” a server. If enough competition is on your server, you will always have to play smart even if your the strongest player, hence this being a “hardcore” game. If it gets any softer it will simply be another mmo like the rest only 2d. Enjoy the gameplay.

Turtle

I will say, moving to a different server worked wonders for improving my personal health.

Also, isn’t there something SERIOUSLY wrong if, rather than being a harmful undercurrent in an otherwise healthy setting, people behave like this in the open, don’t fear reprisal because a large portion of the community culture is this very same behavior?

Imagine a DC/MARVEL Comics where the Superheroes we know and love are painted as the villains, and treated as such by the very people they fight to protect and support.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Abuse and Bullying in USE’ is closed to new replies.