Abuse and Bullying in USE

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Abuse and Bullying in USE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ruth

Lvl 50 USEast
    Penguin

Im in USE where I have 2 houses in Market Square, Kazul and his tribe Wolfpack have been KOSing everyone who is not in their tribe. They terrorize the server and right now, Kazul is killing everyone who enters Market Square, basically spawn killing as they enter MS. These guys have been trying to limit as much gameplay is possible in Gale they want to force everyone into Wellington. A few days ago Kazul camped outside of my house trying to get inside my home in Market Square. Hes sent people just to wait outside my house and camp me. This has been continuing and its straight up nasty. [Removed by mod]. I cannot play anymore because of them. I used to enjoy this game, I have 2 reincarnations but ever since they started targeting me i haven’t been able to level up once. There one of them in MS like all the time waiting to target people. They act like this is how the game is supposed to be played. There is no difference in powers and its bull!! Kazul doesn’t even need to play the game anymore, he already carned 200 times and now he’s just on the server to ruin peoples time. The developers support foul gameplay. This isn’t even an RPG just a game to give people like Kazul an ego.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

Dev supports self governance on servers,largely, not sure id say he supports foul playing in so many words but I suppose one could feel that, in a sense. Sometimes player automomy comes with some major “unfair” headaches, but,it’s better than a playground monitor hovering constantly and reminding everyone to play nice and screamimg NO HITTING at random.

If y oure not too heavily invested on use I’d say try another server If you’re enjoying the game otherwise. Its not like that everywhere

PolarStar

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Goblin

It is a sandboxed pvp game. This is how they are supposed to be played.

Cadaverizer

Lvl 36 USEast
    Polar Bear

Don’t leave out the part where you said you wished Rothschild newborn baby was killed in various ways, Ruth.

Wolf

Lvl 146 USWest
    Wolf

Clarification because over exaggeration is not helpful… Kazul has 108 Carns. He worked hard for them too. He is rightfully annoyed that this beautiful hardcore PVP game is turning into a shell of its former self.

Tips to survive… don’t go into MS you legit need nothing there. Make a tiny base ug on the east side of Gale and keep your mouth shut. True carners don’t waste too much time in global or even crying. On West Rulers Of Gods is full server kos and they are carning and growing strong. Because they die and keep going… play the game as intended and you’ll enjoy it better. And if you don’t like the East tyrants, like Paisley said, try another server. I might be biased but West is fun 😉

Wolf

“Keep your mouth shut”
    “Keep your head down”

You’ll have to forgive me, but these don’t strike me as elements of a fun, enjoyable RPG Game. Sounds more like you’re telling someone how to survive Prison with minimal shivs to the ribs, than telling people how to enjoy an online video game.

I think the game NEEDS some of the more toxic elements dulled down, and more family-friendly elements incorporated. Just because someone *CAN* PvP, doesn’t mean they should be getting bent over every time they blink, or should be getting called racial slurs in chat, should be getting hit with Speed Debuffs in Safety Zones (my case, by this ‘Kazul’ guy, who proved everything I hear about him), or that the game should be made into an unpleasant experience for all but the edgiest players.

There are areas in the in-game world where people can just kill each other like a bunch of demented cavemen. Safer regions, like Wellington (and maybe more in the future) should be a place where people can safely farm, fish, and do more creative things.

(Those who can’t Create, opt instead to Destroy)

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

🙂 dev can’t win, if he makes things easier on the non-pvp people, a chunk of the pvp people get hostile and quit. If he makes things easier on the pvp people, a chunk of the non-pvp people cry and quit.

the more I read the more merit there seems to be to the idea of an entire non-pvp server, but I feel like after you were done removing pvp related skills and figuring out ways to deal with decay and other aspects you’d have an entirely new game. dev seems to be trying to strike a balance, and as this game is being built there are going to be things that nobody likes I suppose.

in the game, as it is, keeping ones mouth shut and ones head down is certainly a safe path. I only do the keeping my head down part and seem to get by, but, I don’t respond to hostile people with hostility either, and they wander off over time

Dissaray

Lvl 97 USEast2
    Skeleton

Woow, what a similar situation… Believe, its not only at youre server, it happend on others too.

Ruth

Lvl 50 USEast
    Penguin

XARXU perfectly summed it up. This isn’t a RPG game. I joined in hopes of making a nice house. Roleplay would be fun, but thats impossible this is like a damn prison survival game. Earlier Arcus told the entire server “If you are killed its you fault for not being respected enough” They kill randoms and newbies fresh out of newbie village, oh but they have carns and earned them so they can do whatever they want. This game should not be categorized as a RPG game

Wolf

This is an OPEN WORLD PVP rpg game. Or was. As Paisly said, it looks like the Dev is trying to strike a balance. The problem is, that doesn’t work. You are either in or out, halfway will never last.

Either the servers are self governing, and the dev stays out of it and actually allows players to self-police through full time PVP, or the servers will need constant GM supervision to keep the trolls out. Player reporting is usless, you can’t believe any of it. Screenshots can be faked. So a GM needs to actually witness an offense to do anything about it.

Wellington and other safe zones have removed the ability to self police. It has given the trolls a place to hide. We also don’t have full time GM supervision. Right now we have nothing… a situation that doesn’t work for either camp.

The Dev needs to make up his mind and pick one side or the other. Either this is an open world PVP game, or it’s another carebear game with consensual PVP. It can’t be both.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

“the dev needs to make up his mind and choose one side or the other ” ” PVE SERVER ”

For one how would a PVE server work ? It would take away an element of the game that most people enjoy having the mixture of both. Just not Abuse by people taking out aggression on changes being made to the game .

Let me tell you something. All changes that have been made to the game are a direct reflection of the players actions over time. If you remember there was a time before there was infamy. A time before there was even a southern pass. Snowtop peak or even spells. The game once was completely different almost !

The actions of you all , will directly determine the directions things go. If road digging greifing didn’t become a thing. No alterations on road digging would have been made. The same can be said for all changes. There is a reason behind everything.

This game is all about a balance between PVP and PVE and tbh , I don’t think that’s even on the dev. What dictates the balance between this is the behavior of you all ……

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

“Listen officer, if it was wrong to kill that man then how come physics let me do it?”

Goblin

You have 2 reinc and want to live in MS? Just move out lmao why are you even in ms with 2 reinc? You can easily bypass MS and play this game as you want without getting killed. Just start using ur brains.

Turtle

Part of the problem is that the sandbox(es) are too small. 500×500 won’t let peaceful players get far enough away from the leaches. A constant supply of newbs just feed the powerful leaches.

Overall, this game boils down to the behavior of the players. Bullies beget bullies. PvP is good, but should be voluntary. Powerful players attacking low level players only shows a weakness of will that no amount of power will make up for.

Wolf

I would agree about the sandboxes being too small. Especially after checking out USW the other day. Pretty much the whole server is either part of 2 or 3 giant tribe halls, or is mining lanes. I gave up and left because there is no where for a new house. More room would help spread us out.

I would disagree with xxVALIANTxx though on the balance between PvE and PvP. I truly don’t believe that can ever happen, not on the same server. One system breaks the other, it has to be either-or. The reason for this is that you can never stop people from being A-holes. They will always find a way.

If you give any possibility of respite from PvP… any way at all to avoid being involuntarily removed from the server by the other players, then the trolls and griefers go unchecked. You can do nothing about them, there is no way to get rid of them. You just have to learn to accept the griefing.

If you go the full PvP route, the trolls are replaced by power abusers. High levels will kill off all of the annoying trolls, but they will also harass and chase off other people for whatever BS reason they dream up. You can do nothing about them, there is no way to get rid of them. You just have to learn to accept the PKing.

Those are the choices, you can have Trolls or Power Abusers. Choose your A-hole. If you try to come up with some weird hybrid game model, you’ll just end up with both types, and no one wins.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Abuse and Bullying in USE’ is closed to new replies.