Yet Another Batch of Ideas

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Yet Another Batch of Ideas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TheAxyx

Lvl 94 USTexas
    Penguin

I have been watching Mystera, like a lurking lover, waiting. It seems that some major changes have been put through recently, revamping a good number of the mechanics that needed touching on. It is always fantastic when a development team really listens to their players and, within reason of course, gives them the things they ask for.

With that being said, I still look at Mystera and feel like it is lacking something. I am not a game designer so I don’t have the answers and hopefully with the new combat mechanics this one will no longer be an issue but, what of raiding?

I am a huge fan of pvp and base raids etc, I would like there to be some more balanced way to raid someone’s base. As it stands now, walls take eons to break even with natural max destruction. What if there was a new rune type that buffed damage done to walls, specifically and only to walls. Cause it to have a rarer drop percentage than the current set of runes or whatever must be done for balance but, it should be possible that a small team of wall bashing focused warriors should shred through a layer of wall in a reasonable amount of time.

The size of the world:

The map…is too small. There exists only a handful of places a person can viably go to strengthen themselves. I get that going outside of your base should feel inherently risky, it should feel exhilarating to step out into that world and know, you could get struck down by some random person, or at least someone might attempt.

The playerbase is small and tight knit and it can be difficult for new players to come into that kind of a scene and feel like they have any real ability to progress and advance. A person playing for a year should absolutely have advantages a new player doesn’t but, it shouldn’t be so daunting that a new player doesn’t even want to try.

I have a solution in mind, bearing in your own minds that I am just a dude who plays games (hahaha) I don’t make them.

The obvious solution is to add new areas but to do this and have them feel like fleshed out parts of the world can be a bit difficult. We have to look no further than Arena Ruins…wtf is that place even besides a go-between.

A temporary solution that would work is this: slap on another Galebrook to the east of the current Galebrook map. Tack on some connection zones off of the north and south ends that put you to Snowpeaks and South Sands or the non-pvp equivalents (I didn’t travel there much so forgive me for not recalling their proper names)

Imagine: Your tribe lives on the south and western area of original Galebrook and your rival tribe lives on the north and east sections of the eastern 2nd Galebrook. The logistics and everything that would go into a raid or a pvp hunt would be intense, annoying and fun all at the same time.

More space for new players to explore the game and get a good feel for it before being forced into pvp. It is a rough cut fix but one that would work for sure, and I say, ask your community and see if they disagree. 🙂

Weapons: It is fantastic to see that clubs are getting reworked and giving the other weapons a chance but here’s the rub. A blunt weapon should not have any inherent bonus to piercing armor. I get the whole mace and plate idea but come on…go get a sheet of steel or iron and hit it with a hammer. Tell me what happens.

Weapons would benefit from having armor specific variables. A pickaxe, for example, should be able to punch right through even the hardest metals with ease…you’re using it to break rocks for eff’s sake! Daggers should rip through someone with Unarmored or Light Armor but start taking severe penalties v.s. Med – Heavy.

Axes should ravage medium armor as well as light/unarmored which is what starts to present the issue. Keeping balance yet making each weapon feel like a unique thing. Game design is tough, never said it wasn’t.

As it is, any weapon having any inherent armor ignore is bad for balance and will be the weapon used for pvp, always every time. Perhaps making it even slower? But then no one would ever use it and that is not what I want. Balance. Each weapon should be viable to use in combat within reason.

Who wants to fight a person in a suit of full plate armor with just a little dagger? Hard stuff. Dodge should also be worked on a bit more. Unarmored and Unarmed, the way of the Monk as I like to call it, should be viable as it is in most other games where ‘Unarmed’ is a skill. Currently it feels very useless. Perhaps the attacks speed of unarmed with no shield (or targe) should be increased?

Anyway, enough ramble. I gave out a good amount of ideas in my previous post as well as in this one. I am overjoyed that the development team listens to the community. I may yet return and resume my alternate life within Mystera Legacy. Make the map bigger. 🙂

BloodShot

Lvl 85 USTexas
    Goblin

I wish i had more time to elaborate on your posts, i read the last one and was never able to take the time to fully reply to each aspect as i lack the time rn. i say make the already existing gaealbroke 1000 x 1000 and add a hard set world. by this i mean maps that arent giant open spaces like gaealbrooke and instead more like snow peaks or cemetary. I want to see maps that are bigger and mroe difficult to navigate through. i want to see a bunch of secret hard to reach or even find areas that would gie insentive to the players to actually go and explore. right now there is nothing to explore as snow peaks, south sands, wolf cave, and cemetary are the only hard maps. Even underworld i feel could use some more features to make thing a bit more exciting and nto feel like your just running the same floors over and over. Any new zones that are added should have some kind of quest giving npcs that reward you with new outfits or outfit addons (credit: Tibia) that add-on to current outfits (some free, some supporter) by bringing x amount of creature products. Quests right now are a joke imo, kill 5 mobs over and over again is more of a chore than a quest. I would like to see the dev team create more of a team based enviorment so that SK isnt the ONLY thing that you can do with a friend aside from chat while smacking dummies, even running UW in a group is painful due to team mates stepping on eachothers toes and stealing myst. Some kind of party system to share exp with some kind of balancing mechanics to avoid new players being carried to high lvls so easily; maybe add everyones lvls and give u a myst % = to your character lvl vs the average charavter lvls of your party? anyways ive been procrastinating with a longggg list of ideas that ive had and have heard many show interest in. ill write my own post in further detil but for now +1 to axyx for showing interest and putting forth the time to write these.

Cold1

Lvl 64 USTexas
    Goblin

I dont see raids as a thing anymore. Everyone using alts to store items now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Yet Another Batch of Ideas’ is closed to new replies.