Wall of thoughts! Much letters! No potatoes.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Wall of thoughts! Much letters! No potatoes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Wolf

Hello everyone from Antarctica! Nah, just kidding. To begin with, I must officially anounce, that Odovir Norn came back (as if someone cares about farmers). But I didn’t come back empty-handed, no! I took with me the bunch of thoughts, and now I’m willing to share them with you.

Of course, first theme of the day will be the Angel Dust and Traits. When I first saw “Dust” on leaderboards, I don’t even knew, what it was. The only thing that was clear is that the guy named Jopah Pino had a huge amount of it (Hello, Jopah. Would love to see some more “distracted by wifey” stuff). But pair of weeks later this thing makes me wanting return into the game. Traits are really the thing that can brighten up frustration from death, because you not just lose everything, but somehow become stronger. But the problem is… that it is illusion. In truth traits can have weight only for few first deaths, when you could collect dust to the total amount of 2000 or even of 4500. That is because you got your first trait with 0 dust, second with 500, third with 2000 and fourth with 4500. The next goes for the same formula. That means you’ll need more and more dust each time to get an additional trait. I think hundreds hours of gameplay is not worth +2 def or +2 atack, which are supposed to be given as compensation. On the other hand we have “Quick” and “Wise” traits, that are imbalanced, in my opinion. And “Healthy” trait is completely useless. I won’t say you why – you can think it yourself, if you have brains, of course. Another problem: a new player with 2k dust has 3 traits, when the old player with 8k has only 5 – the difference between these two is too tiny. It’s like when newfag is worth as oldfag, and it’s kinda sucks. Well you still can say that you were forged in tears of loss, but in reality you’ll be just a loser. What I wanted to say is, that the current traits were made roughly and that they don’t deserve to exist.
    Suggestions: 1) Delete traits and replace them with exp boost. Though it can break some game features, it’s still would be better than current analog. It could be a permanent buff to exp or to fixed amount of levels. For example: you died and got 1k dust, when you respawn, you got double exp boost up to level 30. With more dust you can be further boosted up to level 40, 50 etc.
    2) Instead of traits, make permanent buff for stats. For health, damage, armor or walking speed. Words “forged in tears” now can be real.
    3) I like this the most: rebalance current traits and add tiers for them. There is no need for traits to be in one heap. Such as “Healthy” must be in 1st tier, when others worth to be in 2nd. The “Quick” and “Wise” are really need to be in 3rd tier, because they are too useful. Also, there would be a place to add new: “weak” traits in 1st tier, “strong” in 3rd. 0-500 Dust unlocks the 1st tier, 2k-4.5k unlocks the 2nd and 8k – the 3rd. At 8k dust we’ll have 4 weak traits, 3 medium and 1 strong. To balance such amount of buffs, making more traits should be enough – that will make impossible to collect them all and become overpowered. These were my rough suggestions about Angel Dust, they still need some talks about, but I think every one of them is better than the existing crap.

The second one I want to talk about is siege mechanics. Yes, the SIEGE. Well there is no such thing as siege in this game – there is only a joky s*itty HAMMER TIME. The only way to break trough the 3 layers of walls is to BREAK THEM F****NG DOWN WITH HAMMERS, YEASH-H-H!!! Unfortunately you can do this only when the walls owner is sleeping, because this bastard can repair his stupid walls with five strikes, where it takes hours for you. That makes impossible to assault the FL castle (Idk what idiot would dare to do so). No need to explain you more. Suggestion: 1) Make repairing walls impossible when they under attack. 2) Add some really powefull siege weapons, such as bombs and battering rams. And to protect base in sleep – add some advanced automatic defences, like Towers that can shoot from behind the wall. Btw, after finishing this post, I’ll surely rename my hammer into James Victor.

And here comes the real pain. I talk about skills. Tilling and Chopping – the ones I know to be the most useless skills ever. Why? After 6lvl of tilling and ~20 of chopping, the chance to till grass or get a wood becomes 100%. There is no reason to lvlup them further, because they won’t give any bonuses. Maybe I missed something, but is seems like I’m correct here. It is also more profitable to get bronze from dungeon, than smelt it from ores, because smelting skill is too weak for the moment. And as I told you before, the skill gaining experience shouldn’t be dropped with levels, because if it does, it’ll kill the sandbox feature. No more free will, but lots of stupid alts. “Want to train sword instead of spear? There is two solutions – kill yourself or train it with lower exp ratio.” Isn’t it a bit awkward? Here won’t be any suggestions, JVH can solve this problem himself.

Underworld. Yeah. The bane of all adventurers. The most deadly place in these cruel lands, where you can’t even go to take a sh*t because at any moment monsters can have a warm conversation with your Character. And don’t even try to move your leg, because if you shake your internet cable, the simple thing named “disconnect” can ruin hundreds of your efforts. I love and hate dungeon and can tell you a lot of stories about it, but today is the day of suggestions and thoughts. All of you know, that on underworld level 4 we can meet only skeletons, snakes and bats. It’s pretty good for the first level. But if you’ll go deeper on level 5… the first thing you’ll try to evade is those gangsta-knights. Of course you will! Those guys can punch you to death with ease, if you met them in first time and don’t know who the hell they are. But if you’ll try to fight them, then you’ll suddenly understand, that one green jerk called Goblin stole something valuable from you pockets! You run like crazy just to catch that bastard, but found yourself surrounded by moving and stinking green shit. Scared to death you somehow manged to fight back from it and take a step back. At this moment, when you trying to regen your hp, from behind the corner near to you jumps out a f***ing chupakabra and sticks to your head. You trying to get rid of if, but then felt yourself dizzy because that beast sucked out all your stamina! After crying and screaming, you throws your useless armor away and runs to the 7 level, where you meet Flame Demon, Skeleton Lord and Mage, and see them having a party. Soon you’ll join them. But before, you click on “Exit” button and delete your browser, jumps up from your chair and start to laugh like a madman. Yep, this is still a better love story than Twilight. I mean, the level of difficulty jumps too fast on the first levels, when after 8lvl+ it’s sloooowly increases by amounts of mobs. At 26lvl+ rooms just overcrowded with monsters, and that’s the only difference. It’s kinda lame, to be honest. And I can not be silent about this – Flame Demons are too strong! They got damage, atack speed, armor and hp, they even more scary than green dragons, and you can meet them on 7th level. Is it some kind of joke? They definetly needs to be nerfed.
    And here comes some suggestions for dungeon: 1) Reduce amount of levels up to 15-20. There is no need to make over 9000 of levels – it’s boring.
    2) Make less chests, but more valuable loot. I don’t want to see those stupid stones or wood crates on 28 level crowded with dragons. I came there for epic loot or to have a brave death, not for the raw meat or madder.
    3) Traps, dangerous proc on altars, teleports, ground holes, ambushes, poisoned wells and even earthquakes! That would make dungeon a really f***ing scary place. And not as scary, as interesting to explore and conquer.
    4) New types of monsters. Something like Goblin, that can distract player, or just add a few more models for mobs to make environment more various. 5) Add at least one crazy boss. Something like Skeleton King that can summon Skeleton Lords, lol.

And what about target lock on stone lodes or trees? I heard that JVH already planned to do so, but why do we still see nothing? To see my character swings his instrument in one direction for several hours… it is really tiresome. This is not the game feature – this is hellish boredom.

It will be all for today, guys. I tired already, because it wasn’t easy to wrote such a wall of text on average known language. For me it was an achievement. For you maybe too. But I really hope that this post will get strong feedback, so JVH can take some ideas or solve the current problems. Especially that one about disconnects… And, yeah, maybe the site needs “Accepted Suggestions” or “Suggestions Vote” pages, so that would keep us in the know about future updates and rejected ideas. Well, we still can know about it from forums. And I’m sure, all of us would wish to know, in what direction JVH is planning to develop this game.

Carrot.

P.S.: No “p.s.” stuff for you.

Goblin

As always, I’m glad to read your post! Some, somewhat disorganized, thoughts:

1) I like the concept of tiered traits. But it needs to be after a reworked trait system. I mean, like you said, Healthy sucks as a trait.

But, I’m not sure how big of a dent having the traits even is. Like I’ve died a few times already (3, 4? who’s counting?) and every time I’ve gotten different traits. I have yet to notice a difference. Maybe I’m not paying enough attention… I don’t think I can make a better suggestion though

2) Siege?! YES! Love that concept, specially since a lot of people complain about bases that were thoughtfully built and maintained. Battering rams in particular sound wonderful. They shouldn’t be too easy to make or to bring down the walls, but it should be better than hammers. Maybe one battering ram must be used by 3 players or something like that?

3) The underworld recently got revamped, but you are right in how it ramps up in difficulty.

Add at least one crazy boss. Something like Skeleton King that can summon Skeleton Lords, lol

NOOOPPPEEE

(I say this in a positive way since that would actually make it a lot more challenging, but I secretly wish it wouldn’t happen cause holy shit nope!!)

Polar Bear

Add at least one crazy boss. Something like Skeleton King that can summon Skeleton Lords, lol

lag to you! and to you! and even to you! everyone gets a lag!

Turtle

ya i agree with all of what you said, most traits are useless and need to be reworked, and the trait system needs to be reworked. and nerf uw lol

Skeleton

I dont want tiered traits. Rebalancing them would be fine.

For example, the trait that gives health could scale, even a little, with level, and the trait that gives less hunger could be so that you could basically go around without bringing food. The same for wise and quick: if they are so strong, their effect could be simply weakened.

Having 4 traits rather than 3, or 5 traits rather than 4, is not negligible. Let’s say you really want to have 2 traits, and let’s say you currently have them. Then let’s suppose that you die. If you have 4 traits, odds to get those 2 traits will be hugely bigger then if you had only 3 traits. If having those traits is a conditio sine qua non to playing that charachter, this means you have greater odds to get them without dying many times.

If dust is not gained on purpose it can be a meager consolation, but well, I’m fine with that. You died. Again, this old age kind of ruins it — without old age, we could have just a loss of levels upon death, and your “veteran player” bonus would just consist in having higher level. After all, though, I like harshness to the charachter upon death. You played from longer time? Good, then knowing the game will let you raise your power faster from level 0. If you play chess you don’t get an extra Queen because you play by a lot of time.

Regarding skills, if we have this old age mechanic, skill exp should never be a waste. Tilling and chopping could give some other bonus after a certain point.

Polar Bear

I love most of what you have said, you always make me laugh and I love that you are back! I will say that it was an Eevee that distracted Jopah and not me! I agree with most of your points… but please no skeleton kings! *runs and hides*

Wolf

Who is Eevee? Don’t tell me it’s some kind of roleplay…

About traits again: Yes, I don’t want veteran players to be overpowered. But to think of how much efforts and time they could throw into such power… It’s fair enough. The current trait system isn’t as bad, as it needs to be completed. At the moment there are not enough traits to choose and they are even disbalanced. But if JVH will add some new and rebalance others, then the current dust system will be very pleasant, because of extra slots for traits. With it you could roll not 2, but even 5 traits at once! (At least for me, he-he-he) And there MUST be some gap between veteran and newbie, and not only in moral plane. Expierience in this game means almostly nothing because of wiki or friendly community, wich would love to tell you every secret they know. Now Dust thing is only supposed to make person say: “Hmm, this guy have a lot of dust.” instead of: “Holy F**** D****, this crazy guy have huge amout of that s**t!” I mean, newbie must be noname, that would be rush forward to catch up the Legend, and then become the New Legend. Well, not only the power exists in this game. Some one like to sit in their gardens and shiver at nights in their homes. (Hello, Stalki! Want some dugeons? You’ll answer me “No”, I suppose.)

Dungeons must be improved, but this is not urgent request. In game there is still no late game content, like Tribe Wars or Dungeon Conquest, but instead of it a lot of other problems, like traits,skills and disconnects. But there always will be some space for suggestions so, why not? I suggest: ADD THE WORLD BOSS TO THE SURFACE!!! SPAWN THERE A GIANT GOLEM AND SMASH THOSE LITTLE NUBS!!! GIVE HIM ABBILITI TO BEAT DOWN WALLS WITH HIS STONE HAMMER, YEASHHH!!!

Turtle

“Some one like to sit in their gardens and shiver at nights in their homes. (Hello, Stalki! Want some dugeons? You’ll answer me “No”, I suppose.)”

Lol, Odo.
    I’m sitting in the garden at least 10 % of the time in the game . A walk or not in the dungeon – the decision of each player for himself . When I decide that I’m interested – I will go .

Skeleton

Boss on surface that destroys walls: I think it would improve the game.

Polar Bear

Odovir an Eevee is a type of Pokemon. We were playing Pokemon Go and an Eevee popped up near by and he went after it. Thats when the bat picked its moment to strike!

Wolf

I prefer a wall of potatoes! Much delicious! No letters.

Penguin

Because of this it is extremely very important to have a share of success materials for the family along with an earthquake preparedness strategy.   what causes earthquakes http://www.whatcausesearthquakes.com/how-do-earthquakes-happen.htm

Goblin

Huh. Did a forum bot just revive this thread? Here I thought Odo was back.

Polar Bear

I agree with Nefer. Please no more skeletons of any kind! ): I’ve died by too many.

Polar Bear

Oh wait…. I see what happened here haha. I feel dumb now ):

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wall of thoughts! Much letters! No potatoes.’ is closed to new replies.