Single Name Poll

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Single Name Poll

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kaylovespie

Lvl 2 London
    Skeleton

Hey guys, we’ve been working every day on the new client which will be released for testing very soon! Sorry I haven’t been able to respond as much, but don’t worry we are still reading your posts 🙂

Some testers have been discussing the new changes, and one idea has people on the fence – whether it would be good to switch to one character name instead of two. This way you would only use your family name for everything (you could request a name change during the transition).
    Here are some thoughts from both sides..

Pros of the current system:
    – Some people have fun changing their name regularly
    – Adds some more creativity to the game
    – Adds a bit more depth (like when using a lens on items to track down the owner)

Pros of having one name:
    – You would have a faster respawn experience without having to enter an heir name
    – Would make it easier for phone users with less keyboard entry
    – Simplifies things like owners, /ignore, /tell, forums and referring to people in general

Let us know whether you would be in favor of this change or against it. Thanks!

TuxedoMask

Lvl 60 USEast
    Wolf

I’m in favor of single name system.

TheFurious

Lvl 402 USEast
    Polar Bear

I am also in favor of a single name system. Currently someone could take your first name if you don’t remake fast enough. I like being able to change your name at some point, but it seems like it would work better with a single name system.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  TheFurious.

Wolf

Aye for singles!

Polar Bear

I’m also in favor of having only one name. We’ve had major confusion before with characters stealing names during a deleveling process haha

Polar Bear

My vote probably doesnt count (as I dont play the game), but i like having two names.
    the nly reason for this is the after-death screen.
    it lets you think about your mistakes (the reasons for your death) and yell furiusly.

Polar Bear

I like my name like how I like my dates; single and ready to mingle.

Goblin

Changing to single name guts one of the mechanics that makes the game unique. It also antiquities the “Legacy” aspect of the game.

Why not implement an options menu, or account setting that bypasses the name selection for people who want it, and soft lock names for 24 hours to an account after death?

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

I would prefer characters to have one fixed name that they go by for all chat- and game-related purposes, with the option of a surname for flavor only.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

Or I would like /who to display a characters full name if the current system persists; anything as long as there’s a way to identify people especially as the game expands.

And I would also like there not to be a time limit on editing forum posts. :3

Goblin

Could keep all the below:
    “– Some people have fun changing their name regularly
    – Adds some more creativity to the game
    – Adds a bit more depth (like when using a lens on items to track down the owner)
    – You would have a faster respawn experience without having to enter an heir name
    – Would make it easier for phone users with less keyboard entry”

With a single name system but with a way to change the name in-game, perhaps via use of a consumable potion or even diamonds. I feel like it fits squarely under the range of diamond related aesthetic-only benefits.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Single Name Poll’ is closed to new replies.