Remove Wellington.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Remove Wellington.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Ayds

Lvl 100 USEast
    Wolf

Wellington always seems to be a topic of debate. I haven’t been around long enough to bare witness Mystera prior to Wellington, Infamy, or the player constantly being in-game even when logged out.

However, I’d like to open this thread up to some brainstorming. It seems Wellington is a system put in place for Non-PvP or “Casual” players, a flawed one at that for a number of reasons.

Here’s my 2 cents; Remove Wellington altogether. Why not create a seperate server, or servers that are Non-PvP, Non-Raiding?

Thoughts?

Penguin

I would say that Wellington should still be in the game, in case a player is being hunted or wants to be casual and still be on his/her favorite server. A different server that’s non-PVP would make sense, but there wouldn’t be a hunting/killing system.

AARC

Lvl 140 USTexas
    Skeleton

don’t remove wellington. a better balance would either be a infamy balance, or not allow players over a certain lv to enter

Lusheen

Lvl 173 London
    Penguin

Remove wellington, rework infamy system

Mallard

Lvl 169 USTexas
    Polar Bear

Rework the code so that when you begin the game pvp is off. Once a player turns it on he gets a warning that by turning pvp on he won’t be allowed in Wellington anymore. Any items from a person that had pvp on won’t be able to pass into Wellington.

Ya I know it is probably impossible.

BloodShot

Lvl 85 USTexas
    Goblin

+999999999 YES!! no comment, just 100% yes to all of this

BloodShot

Lvl 85 USTexas
    Goblin

on a side not reading what mallard wrote (not sure if i understood correctly) but having players and there structures be untouchable by thers until pvp is turned on for the first time. before allwing pvp to be turned on it give u a prompt warning you to type /agree to agree to join in on the world of pvp permanently. Only those who have never turned on pvp should have access to wellington.

ps give a reminder in the prompt to pick up any items possibly left in wellington before doing so and that this would remove access to wellington.

staypuff

Lvl 33 USTexas
    Wolf

+1 to mallard

Ayds

Lvl 100 USEast
    Wolf

Remove Wellington.

Build & Expand MarketSquare housing with lower cost shacks that infamous players can rent and store valuables. Limit housing to 1 per person if it’s not already implemented.

At the end of the day players can still store their valuables on an alt, which I think shouldn’t be allowed due to conflicting mechanics. What’s the point in building a well secured base if I can throw my valuables on a level 5 alt.

I heard when you use to logout your character would stay in-game. If that was the case what was the reason for that removal? Sounds like it’d be better if all characters stayed in-game. Once killed they don’t spawn back unless you login, and click Respawn upon viewing the reason for death.

Polar Bear

The reason 99% of people leave is because of being raided or killed multiple times. There’s no non pvp zone for higher level players. If you level up in wellington you are soon forced to leave because of myst cost. And now everyone is sitting around waiting for a new server because they had no chance of survival in the older servers. Non PVP map is necessary

Archangel

Lvl 333 USWest
    Wolf

+1
    @mallard
    Ingenius!

People who turn /pvp on… Their wellington structures should become damagable.

Ayds

Lvl 100 USEast
    Wolf

++1

Mallard & Archangel’s idea.

Penguin

I think Wellington as a *place* is ok to stay, it’s another town, Galebrook II sort of. I think that players who don’t /pvp should be exempt from player attacks, on themselves and their property both. Why should people have to pay for minding their own business? Just my two cents.

Wolf

Wellington as a place may be ok, but the rules behind it need to change. You shouldn’t be able to go to Gale to raid, and then take your ill-gotten gains back to sell them in safety while you hide in Wellington. PVP should be a 1 time permanent choice. Either you are in, or you are out. That’s why different servers makes more sense than different maps.

There is too much cross-contamination. Someone who trolls in Gale shouldn’t be allowed in Wellington. Ever.

I tried to ignore Wellington and pretend it never happened, and missed out on the new meta by my failure to adjust. Now, everyone hides everything of value in Well, and just uses Gale for farmland and mining. It doesn’t make sense to live there, because if someone raids you… you can’t do anything about it. They can just go back to wellington to laugh at you. Pretty stupid mechanics. If someone takes my stuff, I should be able to go take it back.

Baylor

Lvl 130 USEast
    Wolf

Kailyn is so spot on, if this game is truly designed to be a sandbox and someone is allowed to make decisions such as raiding or player killing there should be fair opportunity to return those actions as a response.

Right now the game is favoring trolls significantly more than honest and hard working players causing many people to quit and there is absolutely nothing that anyone can do about it with the current non-pvp zone’s and infamy system

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Remove Wellington.’ is closed to new replies.