Introduce yourself!

Home Forums General Discussion Introduce yourself!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Wolf

Greetings fellow dwellers of Mysteria!

I figured I would get this off the ground, as more and more players are joining us every day and it would be nice to get to know some of you a bit better.

My IGN is Rick Asther, I’m from Norway, and I’ve been playing for a few weeks now. I’ve been a “gamer” for most of my life, ever since I first got my hands on Pokémon Sapphire. I have a particularly soft spot for MMOs, and I found this gem through r/MMORPG. I’ve played Mysteria pretty casually as I have a lot of real life commitments, but I’m enjoying every minute of it. My progression has been pretty slow (as is evident from my fairly low level of 30) as I spend most of my time in-game just strolling around the map mining and chatting.

I hope you’ll take a moment to give a quick introduction of yourself to the community!

Wiki

Polar Bear

i dont realy like treads like this, but ill talk this time:

i am ash ignis in game, my country is israel, im a kid. not realy a “gamer” just got a good computer so i am just starting to play games. nice to see anothe POKEMON fan here. my first pokemon game was ruby and my expirience with MMO’s starts and stops with guild wars 2. as a kid i can play this game alot now, and as far im pritty enjoying it. the game is more then a game for me at this point, its a place where i can go when i feel bored, a place when i can discuus thing, and just a place with great people.
    P.S. VALDUK IS SPONSOR
    P.S.2 sephie im getting better, soon my clan will lead all assasinations in game, and steal the kills from you! muahahaha
    P.S.3 rick, are you hyped for sun and moon? seen the new trailers? what do you think of the new sea cucamber pokemon?

Wolf

Israel, nice. Getting a 3DS soon, so I’ll definitely pick up Sun/Moon.
    I also misspelled Mystera in my post, too late to edit ><

Penguin

Greetings from Ukraine!
    Laminar in game. Play Mystera about 1-3 hours every day, when i have free time.

Goblin

Greetings from the United States.

Been gaming for quite some time now, but usually take breaks in between games.

Turtle

Hey guys!

I’m wuzzeh, I hail from Europe and it’s a pleasure to meet you all!

I play mostly to chat, chill and help people out whenever I can.

Penguin

Edit — I am Rintil Excel

I don’t disclose much about myself — I think that the community aspect takes something off the game. That’s why I don’t congratulate for level ups, I don’t say hello in global chat, et cetera. I’m totally ok with in-game relationships instead.

Similarly I don’t like references. This is its own setting, why would one take names from another one? This takes something off the game too.

To me killing and steling are part of the game, so I won’t get salty about that. Obviously I will retaliate, but I won’t hold a grudge or what. I don’t like when other people hold grudges either, or insult, or what. If someone offends your charachter, have your charachter retaliate if he’s able to, or anything witty you can do to improve your situation. Please don’t complain, don’t appeal to fairness, don’t call names. It makes the game toxic.

Once a person was proposing a Justice System and I was against that; another person replied to me: “Let’s play a game then, I will be bad, you will be good”. But my point is exactly that: if I get bothered too much I might quit, that’s all. It’s the developer’s job to make so that more powerful person don’t have too much incentive to make the game impossible to less powerful ones.

Also it’s the developer’s job to make the optimal strategy fun. If strategy A is more optimal but boring in respect to strategy B, to me strategy B will be less fun, so I will settle with strategy A, and the game will become less fun to me.

I don’t lie. It’s immoral. If I know something about some important facts that I don’t want you to know, I won’t even tell you that I don’t know it. I don’t want you to lie either.

Sometimes I will withhold some information, or I will neither confirm nor deny that I know anything about something. This could either mean that I know something and I don’t want to tell, or that I don’t know anything and I want to maintain plausible deniability for next time, when I will know something instead.

Penguin

(My main charachter is Rintil Excel)

Clarification: killing and stealing are part of the game, but also preventing that is part of the game. Deterrents are fine. For example, you could have a group of people and say that you will punish anyone that kills or steals.

Wolf

I am the Captain, My father was Starman and his father was also Starman. Grandpa landed here by accident and fell in love with this primitive world and all its shortcomings. He made good friends including Jello and Tangar and created some of the nicest little parks and forests… one day he died at a terrible construction accident at the hands of a new friend. His son was Starman the second but he was so devastated by the death of his Pa that he committed suicide. Out of those ashes I was born. My inheritence was heavy so I sold my grandpas house and moved as far away from civilisation as I could. A hermits life of ice fishing and creating a mini archipelago took its toll and I lost my third arm (i told you my grandpa was from the stars). The world is a tough one with no seafaring crafts but I persevered and created a couple of sea-sheeps in my life time. They couldnt sail much but it was the thought that mattered. I have seen so many great friends come and go and have lost so many great fish but despite of it all I have not lost faith that one day I will be sailing the great archipelago in the same way my grandpa sailed the stars.

Goblin

A sailor in a non-sailing world. It sounds like a good story for a magic realism book

Wolf

greetings all. it is I, zxzxzxczx, aka rlnga aka currymancer. ive been gaming since i came out of the womb, playing on my windows 98 computer then n64. i can usually be found afk mining/chopping so i can alt tab and play hearthstone or watch streams. im a hardcore player, i play hardcore.

Polar Bear

I guess since I live here now I should say words. I am Sephi, am from the West Coast of the USA but sleep really random hours. I like to break stuff and kill thangs. I am pushing 3 weeks of playing this game and I love it. I think that’s all I really have to say on here. See ya in game.

Goblin

Oh, I missed this thread somehow. I’m Native. I enjoy the game and am a fairly lighthearted player. I guess I’ll give my stance on the game like the others before me.

If you murder me while I’m awake for my gear, I’ll laugh and love it. Then I’ll go for revenge. It creates more “game” for all of us to enjoy. Without conflict, I’d get bored quick.

If you murder me while I’m asleep, I’ll be very sad, though, because in my opinion, that’s the most boring part of this game. People spend hours on their characters and they aren’t entitled to a good death? Come on guys! I like to believe all our characters deserve a meaningful death. I also like to believe we all spend time training and gearing up because we imagine it being useful someday when it matters. Dying in your sleep robs this gameplay from players and is a highly unsportsmanlike to me. If my house decayed and I was going to die to animals, fine, kill me, but in any other case, I’ll be unhappy.

Penguin

hello im Ricado Whitesteel i came to this world to explore and make new friends, most important for me is honor and to defend my m8s

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Introduce yourself!’ is closed to new replies.