Frostbite & Other Debuffs in Safety Areas

Home Forums Bug Reports Frostbite & Other Debuffs in Safety Areas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Wolf

I was hit with a Movement Speed debuff (someone said ‘Frostbite’?) in Crossroads that made it so I could barely move fast enough to walk one square per 5 seconds. The player kept hitting me with it my entire way to the Newbie Village.

Maybe we can disable Special Abilities as well as attacks in Green (Safe) areas? If someone really needs to grind mobs in a Safe area, they can still attack the mobs with their weapon(s). Otherwise, people are just bug abusing to harass other players.

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

Better idea would be to eliminate safe zones so you could have killed them for slowing you or asked one of your friends to kill that player. They probably only do that because it is a safe zone. And Safe zones encourage trolling and abuse…

Turtle

@calibanbe These level 70+ players aren’t targeting their peers or superiors, they’re targeting people who are vulnerable because they don’t even know the game yet, don’t have a social network in-game yet, simply because these vulnerable individuals are “easy prey”. Removing Safety Zones just means we’d run off every bit of creativity Mystera has to offer, and you’d just be stuck with everyone who wants to watch the world burn.

After that happened, you wouldn’t even get more of your previous PvP-focused players; you’d get Botters, Scripters, people who ‘mysteriously’ rose up the ranks oddly quick despite having no history in the game, but who can cover their tracks so the Devs can’t prove foul play. Every once-popular MMO that catered to the destructive portion of their player base has seen the same fate. If you want a stronger PvP culture, it’s as much in your interest as it is mine to end this petty, abusive behavior displayed by some of your peers.

WarriorJay

Lvl 11 USEast2
    Polar Bear

If said player was good enough to have frost and is harassing u on ur way to Wellington removing safe zones would probably allow said frostbiter to kill assumed newbie which also breaks protecting noobs and the whole point of the whole side of the left maps. Safe zones are cool

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

This is the most “USE post” ive ever read

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Frostbite & Other Debuffs in Safety Areas’ is closed to new replies.