Wellington and precedence

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Wellington and precedence

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

My favorite aspect of Wellington is that it gives us precedence for suggesting the removal or option to opt out of major game mechanics, on an individual basis. Wellington was to give a fair chance to players who don’t want to or can’t PvP and that is a goal I can respect.

However, what I can’t respect is this clear oversight for rational consistency.

If adding a location to the game where Assassin and Destruction are taken out of the equation is reasonable (It’s not, Admin wouldn’t have to manually fix griefing in Wellington if it was, but for the sake of argument I will pretend it is) then the logical continuation of this is that we receive other areas where skills are completely devalued.

I fully understand and respect that Admin and Kay have important real life priorities thus have shifted the direction of this game to a more lucrative, casual-inclusive approach. I understand business and needing money to survive. My issue lies with the consequences of that prioritization.

However, until we get more areas like Wellington to cater to ALL sorts of players than Wellington is proof of Admin’s inconsistency. It’s a testament of the developer duo’s preference of casual players. This preference has been made clear by the updates Mystera got this year: Alt capping, No-PvP build zone, No-XP Infamy. Those 3 changes overshadow anything Admin has added to PvP this year. PvP got Frostbite and Steel equipment this year. Frostbite is honestly the perfect analogy for Admin and PvP this year. Just a cold wind and no progress to be made after…

So, before I present to you my list of Wellington sequels, I would like to clarify that this is just light satire mixed in with an attempt at making a reasonable argument. Hopefully Admin doesn’t reset my dust for joking this time, but I’m not holding my breath! Without further ado here’s a list of other skills that can be devalued for the sake of enabling some people’s desire to not explore new content or playstles…

Repairington – Structures never decay and passively regenerate to full.
    Diggington – Can’t dig.
    Minington – Same as above, but with rocks and mining
    Choppington – Same as above, but with trees and chopping

Huntington – Monsters appear, but they cannot attack you and aren’t aggressive. Bonus Points if it’s exactly like Creative Mode in Minecraft.
    Researchington – So people can experience what Mystera was like before Ability Spamming became the meta.
    Craftington/Knittington/Smithington/Smeltington – This would give Mystera an authentic RPG experience untainted by item creation shenanigans.

Shieldblockington – Because real men don’t hide behind shields.
    Heavyarmorington – Same as above, but with armor.
    Explorationington – Because I don’t have the stomach to grind for hours getting my speed up, so everyone should be capped at 1500 and experience the same slow fate as I.

Oh and last but not least

Assasinton+Destructionton – Can’t attack other people, can’t raid. I think this one’s a real winner!

Kaylovespie

Lvl 2 London
    Skeleton

Hi Badboy, please see our comments in the other thread regarding Wellington. Closing this thread. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Wellington and precedence’ is closed to new replies.