We need a cook book

Home Forums Mystera Discussion We need a cook book

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

This is straight from the guide:

So with the right technique you could create a special dish that completely fills your hunger
    bar, gives you 2.5x experience, +5 to all skills, and +3 regen/second for over an hour! The
    dish itself can last for a month before going bad.

1. Has anyone pulled off anything close to this?
    2. We know that diversity is a factor, but how many different items =max benefit?
    3. I know spices must go in 1 at a time, but does it need to be over the course of the 10 min. optimal cooking time or just as fast as I can drop them in?

Someone please do a youtube episode of Mystera Legacy MasterChef. Get some of the top players to make you their top dish and then select a winner Gordon Ramsey style.

Wolf

+1

Penguin

+1

Narcissist

Lvl 59 USEast
    Goblin

Derick has the answer i think its 5 or 6 different ingredients and time doesnt matter for putting in spices just one as fast as you can or want to

Derick

Lvl 95 London
    Goblin

Alright, I did a bit of experimenting with cooking when I started out, so I’ll share what I’ve learned.

For the sake of focus, we’ll assume that the desired creation is as you described.

“So with the right technique, you could create a special dish which completely refills your hunger. […] The dish itself can last a month before going bad.”
    Hunger restoration and expiration date seem to be affected by cooking level and time spent cooking. It may be that diversity of ingredients has some affect on this, but I can’t confirm. 10 minutes (or roughly 2.6 full fires at 100%) is the optimal time, according to the wiki. It was suggested to me that exceeding this time limit has no ill effects, unless you exceed 20 minutes of cooking time, in which case your dish “burns”. Again, I cannot confirm this as I havent tested it myself.

Now for the important part… “gives you 2.5x experience, +5 to all skills, and +3 regen/second for over an hour!”
    Spice duration is ONLY affected by the number of spices used in the dish (with the exception of caraway, which is more or less useless in cooking). Each spice added increases duration of the buff by 1 minute.
    The magnitude of the buff (for example: 1.5x exp vs. 2.5x exp) is affected by the variety of ingredients used and the player’s cooking level. At my puny 30 cooking skill, I have to use 6 different ingredients (water, onion, carrot, lettuce, fish meat, raw meat, eggs, milk, raw lamb, raw mystery meat(?)) in order to achieve the maximum buff from my spices. The spices themselves don’t count toward variety.
    EdgyEdgyEdgy, with 100 cooking, can make a maximum magnitude spicy tea (1 ingredient).

More on spices: Black peppers give the exp boosting buff with a cap at 2.5x base xp (stacks additively with other xp bonuses). Honey yields a temporary boost to all skill levels with a cap at +5 in every skill (stacks with gear enchants). Corriander causes your hp to regenerate over time with a cap at 3.0 hp per second. Any combination of spices can be added to any dish, but to not count toward the “ingredient variety” for determining buff magnitude as previously stated.

Finally, food names. The wiki has a chart detailing which ingredients cause different food names. As far as I can tell, however, these names have no real bearing on the effects of the food at all, other than some food names requiring less variety of ingredients than others. They can give insight into which ingredients were used in the food’s creation, however

That’s about all I know in the subject. Hopefully this helped and if I missed anything, let me know and I may or may not get around to editing it. 😀

Polar Bear

Thank you Derick, this is really helpful!

Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

Thanks for taking the time to provide such an in depth reply, appreciated.

Wolf

So it doesn’t matter how many of each spice you use? For example, 1 Black Pepper and 30 Coriander would be the same as 30 Black Pepper and 1 Coriander?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘We need a cook book’ is closed to new replies.