Unbalanced

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Unbalanced

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MeToJ

Lvl 106 USEast2
    Penguin

hi there! this game is great on many levels and i have enjoined all the time i have spent grinding and raiding! but there are many things lacking for instance this can go for any server say the “top player” gets mad or upset over something done to them. What is stopping him from wiping the server? on our server we have 2 or 3 players who dictate to everyone what is and isn’t allowed then preach that the game is balanced? (view always looks good from the top) i get the game has pvp and pve elements i love pvp i always have since back to the runescape classic days! but there is lacking balance here it pushes people away because they are forced to hide and also kills the servers Eco i know this is going to spark “farmville” comments and whatnot just keep in mind i dont think pvp should gone in any way just i think they need to rethink how they have the system implemented

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

You aren’t wrong in your assessment but you should also consider that those top players spent a lot of time and effort to get to where they are now and so if it were as simple as playing half the time they did or less to be competitive with them that would not be entirely balanced either. I do agree some elements of pvp and combat in general need a bit of fine tuning in order to improve the overall balance between low level players and high level players but I think for the most part things are working as intended.

You are correct though in that some of these players do push away potential long-term supporters and not only that but consequently they hurt themselves and their server doing this too as a certain number of new/progressing players are required in order to stimulate the economy. These players would be doing things like farming stone, wood, clay or gems and selling it to make more gold, however, when these players get pushed away it results in less materials on the market to be purchased by players who no longer are required to gather so much and a reduction of growth in the game’s economy.

As an example of what might occur in these scenarios; New player joins, new player goes to mine rocks in the desert but ends up getting killed regularly and has a difficult time progressing. Older players attempt to sell gear but newer players cannot afford their pricing as a result of being unable to grow and thus older players have to reduce their prices and lose out on gold. This is just one possible scenario out of the many that might happen though.

Resolutions? I’m not sure. There perhaps should be more incentive to keep newer players alive or to actually invite them in to your tribe but this would also require updates to mitigate the damage spy accounts can do.

Goblin

Make a cap on blue stars for a skill. 5-7 (5 for pvp, 7 for crafts) blue stars max per skill would solve this as dying even for top players would cost skill levels (talking about those who have their pvp skills all maxed blues). In old servers this wont be done prob but new ones could have this

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

@Qvintex that would render reincarnation useless

IlfirinVelca

Lvl 47 USEast2
    Polar Bear

In a slightly larger scope, since this gsmeismeangto be for all play styles as rhe dev has said, how do you balance pvp vs merchant vs farmer, etc? Whatmakes each play style relevantand viable when one skilles PvPercan just wipe everyone else out?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Unbalanced’ is closed to new replies.