Suggestion: Trait Locking

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion: Trait Locking

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    NerdyName

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

Hi, I appreciate the update with getting Angel Dust when you reincarnate but I’m a little lukewarm about traits randomizing after reincarnation since I’m past the “5 traits at 8k Angel Dust” mark. So, I gave it some thought and one way to take some tedious “Dying to get the traits you want” out as well as using some spare Angel Dust might be the ability to spend some Angel Dust in order to “lock” traits, making them stay the same after you die or reincarnate while traits you haven’t locked or can’t afford to lock randomize like normal.

I know this might sound a bit powerful, so maybe to balance things out the cost to lock a trait rises the more traits you have locked and if you “Unlock” a trait and change your mind you have to re-spend the Angel Dust to lock it again.

Turtle

Great idea. Maybe even make something like “Trait lock potion” (with another name ofc) that preserves 1 random trait on death after being used. And make it cost gold and\or silver together with dust, so we’d have another currency sink. All locks are reset upon death, but stay after reincarnation. This way if you want to keep all your traits, you just use numerous potions. If you want to lock specific traits and reroll others you’ll have to invest quite a lot of currency and dust on it.
    The downside will be that death will be even more cruel, so other things will be in need of balancing. Maybe lower the amount of locks consumed on pvp death. And, well, lower a bit the skill loss on death or smth.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion: Trait Locking’ is closed to new replies.