Suggestion to stop road and base blockers

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion to stop road and base blockers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

I have an idea which would provide another mechanism for stopping these pesky road and base blockers.

1.) Players with low construction level ( e.g. <20 ) will automatically build structures with 1/10th of their usual hp. This hp value slowly increments over time until it reaches its usual max hp. Additionally, structures at this point do not receive the defense bonus until it “matures.” Note that these values are not set in stone and could change, for example, the hp penalty and maturation time could scale based on construction and/or overall level.

To illustrate this idea, suppose heartboxers has a construction level of 0. He builds a wood wall which starts at 20k hp (10% of 200k). This wall does not receive the defense bonus normally attributed with structures until it matures in x hours/days. In this scenario, players can take out this wall in matter of minutes without needing the help of any high levels to speed up the process.

On the other hand, these nerfs will not be applied to someone who has invested more time into the game but if they do choose to do so, they cannot hide behind alts to do the dirty work for them. Self policing will happen and they will be dealt with as the other players see fit.

Goblin

I can see sense in this.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

Sounds good. Could be a solution to the road blockers.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

The drawback is new players will be stuck making houses out of chopsticks. :\

Sufficient accessible pre-built housing to cover new players who could then “graduate” to building their own homes at a sufficient construction level could be a solution, but that’d be a pretty dull grind even by our standards.

Are roadblocks being caused by new throw-aways every time or known trolls? If the latter they could just get the construction levels and keep trolling if they haven’t already. I’m not sure this would stop people who’ve made griefing their game.

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

The ‘structure maturation’ idea is something I proposed a while ago that has been tossed around and never quite made it into the game. The biggest argument against it was how much it opens up griefing towards new players settling down for the first time (from high level trolls especially). We want to minimize griefing towards new players where appropriate (will see more on this with the infamy system being developed).

I still like the idea if it can be balanced right. But for now blocking walls decay faster and are easier to destroy if built in the last minute (10 hits). That minute may be increased up to 10 minutes as needed, since they will be noticed quickly and taken down on common roads. I’m still testing all these solutions, so whatever works best will be implemented in the end. Might write more on this in my notes later on.

Polar Bear

@seryn, Remember that the base matures to the original hp level. Using back the same example for heartboxers, his walls will mature to its original hp of 200k eventually.

@admin, Griefing is a definitely a possibility but as you said, this could slowly be mitigated by tweaking the values. We could use a very conservative figure to test the waters, something like 25-50% base hp and one hour to mature. Using these figures, other low levels cannot simply grief them since they will still need to get through a 50k-100k hp wall and by the time they do so, the wall probably matured and hp is restored completely.

For high level griefers, I would argue that if they want to grief, the only thing that is stopping them right now is other high level players. A wall is probably the least of a newbie’s problem when they keep getting killed when they venture out into the world.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion to stop road and base blockers’ is closed to new replies.