Suggestion: New Skill – Investigation

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion: New Skill – Investigation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Goblin

This is something I’ve thought about for a week now, and seeing @Velostra ‘s post helped me finalize this idea.

Since this game is a sandbox where players make their own law, choices and organization, something like this would help to fight “crime” in a fair way.

Investigation

So imagine a scenario, your home is raided and you got murdered in your sleep. You log back in and get the dire news. What do you do now? Hope someone honest saw the miscreants or hope your towers show you names of them.

What if we could do more? Say you take a scholar lense and find footprints on your floor. You could inspect them and “memorize” the print. Then, you either get a name, or you have to use your lens on other players to get a matching print from them. If they refuse to be lensed, they arouse suspicion. To counter this, players could have items to remove footprints.
      (Like with items.) These prints could dissapear on their own after a period or you could fail at investing and “compromise” the evidence. A higher Investigation skill yielding better results.

Same way with murder. A murdered player could leave a blood stain, which when lensed could lead to a murder weapon, so if you lens someone who is holding it, you will know.

Though the murder part is made irrelevant due to death messages, letting everyone know how bad you were.
      (And the arbirtrary infamy system that is too black and white to be a reasonable control of PVP)

Wolf

need some work but i think this could be a good idea.

Goblin

And buckets of water poured in said areas can erase prints ;3 no evidence!!

Goblin

I like this, but I would like the investigation skill to specifically allow for targeted infamy. Would have to be reported (in some way) and would instantly place infamy on killer / raider. This would allow the infamy system to work in tandem with the investigation skill actually. I kinda love it!

Also it would allow people to … lets say, look the other way if it was a particularly bad griefer =D.

Goblin

Aye, you are picking up the general idea here. If we want justice, we have to make it ourselves.

Just imagine having players being dedicated private investigators, solving crime for a payment x3
    (and perhaps get bribed by the criminal)

Wolf

I’m in for this idea!

Goblin

Thought about it further, and you could even use the investigation skill to “clean” the crime scene, as you would know what an investigator would look for. Be able to make it an opposing check.

Wanna be a crimelord, clean up evidence for awhile…then clean up your own mess.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion: New Skill – Investigation’ is closed to new replies.