Suggestion: Dog Packs

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion: Dog Packs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GreenSmurf

Lvl 70 USEast
    Penguin

Ok, so picture this: You’ve decided to mine today, so you gather your gear and venture off into the wide world of mystera. whether you head north to the chilly snow tops for obsidian, or south to the burning desert, you decided to bring your dog you have been training, along with you so you dont have to stop mining every time you have to kill a mob that started attacking you. Its been a good run! you gather lots of gold and stone, and the ores and silver are pouring into your bag like a stream, but now your incredibly overburdened. With your speed at zero, it could take 5-6 steps to go from 273,250 to 274,250, but this is where your dog comes in. Add a pack for dogs with a max of 1000 carry weight per pack, one pack per dog. As you select your dog the info box will pop up with an additional “bag” option, by clicking this a screen will pop up much like the character screen with additional bag storage. Allowing you to swap items from your inventory and your dogs pack. giving you a little more hop in your step when over burdened. letting you get that quick get away from an attacking mob or player, and getting home that much sooner with your spoils. I have given this a lot of thought and that added to the game would hands down make me personally 100% committed to mystera, I would be playing well into my 70s. Just a thought. Thanks

Jayn

Lvl 85 USTexas
    Wolf

I don’t think a pet/carry system is viable. There is weight, encumberment, organized trait, packrat skill, all playing into the inventory system. Dogs as a whole need a rework on pathfinding/ai they’re impractical in so many situations they’re basically useless EXCEPT in the sole instance you provide – being on overworld in a wide open space to prevent having to stop mining/chopping for 1-2 hits.

If tamed dogs could be walked over by players but not mobs, that’s a game changer, but I’m happy myself with the weight system as-is.

BloodShot

Lvl 85 USTexas
    Goblin

i agree with both green and jayn, dogs are currently useless and more of a burden than a help. however i love the dog carrying idea. The part about packrat and overburdened mechanics wouldn’t really effect the dog too much tbh, just dont allow the dogs to carry more than there carry weight and have it round down

Wolf

Lvl 146 USWest
    Wolf

Has anyone played the game Fate? Dinky little game but you have a pet and when you are overburdened in the dungeon you can have it run topside… deeper you are longer it takes to comeback. I think that would be another fun use for dogs… and make they better to find in the deep levels. I really hope he finds a way to make dogs more useful.

Wolf

this is actually pretty good. Dogs are pretty much useless now except as a decoy tank and a small addition to Dps.

Willow

Lvl 85 USTexas
    Goblin

Cats would be a really cool addition to the game….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion: Dog Packs’ is closed to new replies.