Suggestion – Arrowheads

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion – Arrowheads

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Wolf

Ok so obviously feathers are just a place holder and arrows are a huge game feature. The current crafting mechanic literally requiring most people to utilize alts to farm newbie land due to other people ah.. protecting most of the games chickens in farms. Why not? No one would want to roam the country side for a required combat resource all day It’s a significant issue.

ARROWHEADS. Using current existing mechanics for smelting the different Ores.. Arrowheads could be crafted. It would increase the value of ore trading as well and there’s no shortage of stone. This would remove the need for feathers entirely.

Later on could even add a Fletching Skill and Arrowheads of different types. So normal, blunt, piercing with a damage + or – depending type of Arrow created and the armor type/creature it strikes.

First step is in removing feathers. Smelt X amount of ore, combined to Y metal, build in craft tab Arrowheads, combine wood and Arrowheads in craft tab to create 50 arrows.

Goblin

I like the idea of types of arrowheads, but arrows do require some material used to create stability on flight.

That’s why we always either have a synthetic material or feathers of some sort in order to stabilize flight.

While I agree feathers can be frustrating to gather, I believe the admin didn’t want arrows being the (primary) weapon, but rather situational, and that was the intent on utilizing a limited resource in their creation.

However different arrowhead types, to offset low base bow damage would be nice.

Tux

Lvl 120 USEast
    Polar Bear

I think I’m going to have to disagree a bit on this just because everyone already thinks bow/arrow are OP especially in PVP. The low damage on the bow is because it has the longest range and can be the less risky weapon option in pve. The damage from bow/arrow really isn’t that bad.

Goblin

An arrow wont really work without something to stabilize its flight, as Nobody already said.

Goblin

Id have to disagree arrows are already OP to do more damage or easier to craft would be even more unbalanced

Goblin

While arrows are the safest option, and I agree unbalanced to an extent, I still feel arrowhead would be a nice added expense. While I say with some minor damage boost I’m talking like iron arrowhead would give +1 or something, nothing dramatic.

However I ca. See why people wouldn’t want that either, and I’m not overly feeling one way or other on this particular subject lol.

Goblin

LoL im in same boat as the idea is great dont get me wrong but from playn games like Ark:Survivor sandbox diff mat arrows can become easily overpowered and it even overpowered many guns in said game because once u get + bows with enhancements they can easily become stronger and considering theres so many arrowhead types that can be made “stone, bone, copper, bronze, & iron” theyd have to increase damage based on rarer the material itll quickly get out of hand with enhanced bows.

Wolf

< waves the white flag > ok ok no arrow heads 🙂

ManWeeZ

Lvl 104 USEast
    Wolf

I feel like animals in the game should either be increased or their lifespan be shortened. This way farming such animals isn’t so tedious. On the note of tedious, cows milk should either stack or give a significant boost to maybe power/defense? (vitamin D makes the bones strong!). Other than that, I think there should either be more ways to get feathers, like there is cow milk and shears for sheep (other birds?) or other forms of stabilizers with less arrows made in the recipe. I’ve seen online after a quick search of “arrow fletching” and the advantages and disadvantages of each if you did implement other ways to make arrows.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion – Arrowheads’ is closed to new replies.