State of the realm

Home Forums Mystera Discussion State of the realm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Eska

Lvl 85 USEast
    Wolf

Hello fellow Mysteran’s, I am Eska of East server, I have been a Mystera addict for a little over a year now. I must say I am a little embarrassed by the communities over dramatic reactions to recent changes, and I hope people are able to find some patience rather than react emotionally.

Many long term players would agree that one of the great allures of this game has been its unforgiving nature, imitating cruel realities. The sandbox aspect of the game and lack of GM presence encourages players to take the law into their own hands, and this has resulted in a variety of servers- though technically identical, presenting many different politcal and economic environments.

East is often heralded as the “Peaceful Server”. As East is the oldest server it has some unique aspects to it, unlike all of the other servers there was an indigenous population who was already powerful, established, skilled and familiar with what to expect from the game and developer.

The game did not demand of the players that East be a “Peaceful” world, it took organization amongst the players, if you were killing or raiding without provocation- it would happen to you. The incentive for the powerful to protect the more PVE inclined experience is a thriving economy.

By broadening the line between PVE/PVP areas, and routing them in such a way as they are, the game now encourages two playstyles on one server, where as before to have safe farmers and crafters meant to have strong players ensuring their safety- this may have been done tribally, or like in East at least- as a community. While it may intuitively seem inlcusive, it is in application divisive- it says if you want to play PVE- don’t go into PVP areas.

The concern of the pve Wolf Cave (and future maps?): This zone provides access to many resources and excellent Myst, accessible through Arena(pve)- you are only briefly exposed to any PVP area when leaving.

PVE zones rob the players of their tools to govern, and cast a shadow for which trolls to grow strong in. With a lack of GMs (not that there should be) there is little method for the community to deal with such players.

To whom it may concern, had I never died, I would have 2 kills on “Most Violent”. Rotchschild and Iroh, but I am probably a pvp hungry maniac anyway for thinking it is a staple aspect of this game and that without it, it would cease to be the game it was.

skyler1212

Lvl 100 USTexas
    Polar Bear

Very well said and I agree.

Penguin

+1 Agree 100%

tioluko

Lvl 41 USTexas
    Polar Bear

+1

I started to play this for the sandbox aspect (that Dev is totally killing) … if I knew that ML would slowly become a generic mmo, I woudn’t never have started playing it.

Unfortunately many people will keep their eyes closed to that and keep using the “hur duh, pks are mad” argument just because that beneficts them.

Wolf

+1

Goblin

can we have a group of women here with bed sheets on their heads, making a nicely sounding mourning choire?

BOOOHOOO….! BOOOHOOO…..!

(yehova! yehova!)

😀 i understand two factions fighting with each other but this post should be made a film script.

BOOOHOOOO!

(jehova! jehova!)

Kazul

Lvl 248 USEast
    Goblin

RIP Mystera Legacy, you could have been great.

Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

Misread what ya said.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Cashew.
    Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Okapi might be one of the most deluded posters on a forum I’ve ever seen. Very well said Eska it’s a great response.

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

Another player who understands. Thanks Eska for taking the time to write this down. Very well done!

Penguin

Totally agree with Eska. I really feel like the game got nuked by the two last updates. All the organization the players have put efforts in have been blowed away.

——————

And a side note to Okapi: please refrain to speak of offensive language, to me “having fun” with religious references are as offensive (or even more, considering you are attacking someone’s choices) that “having fun” with sexual references (that doesn’t attack anyone, but your eyes…)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘State of the realm’ is closed to new replies.