Staircase Blocked

Home Forums Bug Reports Staircase Blocked

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Goblin

Uncertain if this is a “Bug” or if it’s as intended, but I figured I’d report it just in case.

I’ve only been down in the UW since the last patch and once before it, so I’m not sure if it’s a recent thing, but the Floor 7 Staircase was blocked by something, likely a structure or a wall. For a long while I was worried I wouldn’t be able to escape because:

1. It’s before the areas where I can obtain a lantern
    2. There were no statues
    3. There were no tables to make a shovel with

I was eventually able to climb up 2 floors and find a statue I had missed, thank god, but if that wasn’t there, escape truly would have been futile.

Perhaps the staircases need to always spawn in areas they can let people through? If not, then I suppose we can all just carry a shovel or something in case…

SPKrylos

Lvl 54 USEast
    Polar Bear

Oh yeah, I actually experienced this too. One staircase was perma-blocked. I took down the coords and had a shovel with me, so dug to the next level to see what was blocking it. Turns out the coords led to a spot two steps into a wall. I cleared to the spot with a pickaxe and it revealed the stairs making them usable again. Probably good to always bring a shovel or a lantern till this gets fixed! 😉

Edit: I should clarify, once I had dug down, the stairs up were not visible until I had dug them out, so would have been nearly impossible to find without taking down the location first from the floor above.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  SPKrylos.

Goblin

Thanks for the additional info, SPK, that definitely makes it sound more like a bug.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Staircase Blocked’ is closed to new replies.