Some Thangs To Thank On

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Some Thangs To Thank On

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheAxyx

Lvl 94 USTexas
    Penguin

Hello,

I will open with the knowledge that I very much dislike forums but, my like for Mystera Legacy has gotten me over that hurdle so I can post some thoughts and idea here. I hope, truly hope, that the development team reads these posts and takes the input from the community seriously.

I started playing Mystera on May 14th 2018. I stopped relatively recently. I played on USTexas exclusively as TheAxyx. My time on Mystera has landed me a good few friends and many countless hours of enjoyment.

With that being said, Mystera suffers from some very serious and game breaking flaws. There are countless goods within the game but one of the most serious is the club situation. No weapon should have an inherent 85% armor ignore. To the devs: What [removed by mod] were you thinking?

It is understandable that within the realm of reality, a mace (especially a flanged mace) will tear through most anything but in a game like this…it breaks things. With that system, it is a waste of time, effort and resources to use any weapon other than a club.

No one stands and facetanks in pvp, this isn’t 1910 boxing. There is a great deal of movement that occurs in combat and you want your hits to hurt. It makes every other weapon type obsolete. As a gamer of many years (talking like 20) I have a handful of ideas that might make the experience more balanced and enjoyable for many. This is no to say I am allknowing. I am just some random [removed by mod] that plays games.

If clubs only had an inherent 35% armor ignore with a global hard-cap on armor penetration at 50%, it would make any weapon viable in pvp. The way hits and damages are calculated seems to be just raw numbers against raw numbers. Armor type could be taken into account.

Example: Attacker – Club = True. Defender – Heavy Armor = True. Attacker gains X% damage bonus because club vs heavy.

That’s just one idea but I think it fits the best.

Now lets talk about Whirlwind….I can pop in and out of a door, use my Whirlwind 3, hit things in like a 9×9 without having line of sight..oh and it is ready to use again in about 6 seconds…again…what [removed by mod] were you thinking?

Simple fix: Increase cooldown, decrease range to the initial 3×3. Add damage multipliers for each rank to make it worth the while. It should hurt things around you but just in your immediate area. Ask around, the general consensus is that Clubs are unbalanced, making pvp not fun and with the Whirlwind mechanic the way it is…brokennnnn.

Now, these two issues are currently the roadblacks preventing me from playing. I made it to end game only to discover how lame and out of balance it is. Very disheartening especially for new players. I have contributed real money to Mystera. I enjoyed the game enough that yeah, I wanted pretty colors. So what. Especially Fuchsia.

If these issues were remedied in any way, I would play again.

More pve content and global events. This game SORELY lacks in the community department. Some global events would do wonders to bring people together, make people fight and just stimulate the community in mostly good ways.

I recently tried to get a long time friend and true gamer to give Mystera a go. He played for a couple of hours and asked me: How much of the game…is this? He was talking about the skill grind, we were working smelting to get his player level up.

I replied with: “Quite a bit. The grind can be real man.” It was at that point he backed out and stopped playing. We’re talking about an OG Tibia vet and avid Minecraft player. Grind ain’t no thang to deter us…but grind with minimal reward…

Now, some ideas. I have heard whispers of a set of features for natural 100 skills. This..would be gamechanging in the best of ways.

There are many ideas I have heard and I will put a few here. I will assign credit where it is due to the best of my recollection.

Bloodshot/Albatrouz on USTexas had a great idea for natural 100 mining. Give a moderate % chance that on each individual swing on a rock. you have a chance to proc 2 swings at one use of the rock.

My idea: Natural max 100 in a weapon skill should yield either a small damage buff or a small crit chance buff. Perpahs varying for weapon type.

Archery. What a useless skill. Its fun for pve up through a certain point but is absolutely useless for pvp especially at late game. Fix: Bodkin arrows. Add 1 steel ingot to the recipe for arrows and yield X value of bodkin arrows. True to the real version, Bodkin arrows should come with a hefty amount of armor ignore, perhaps even the suggested global flat cap of 50%. They should also identify heavy armor and add a damage bonus against them. Additionally, identifying shields and a successful block, should pierce through and ignore a large portion of the shield’s blocking ability.

Now, I hate forums so I am done with this post. I look forward to seeing what people have to say about my thoughts here. Most players I have talked with (on USTexas) are in complete agreement on the topics of the club armor ignore and the Whirlwind range.

Before I close this, please do not interpret this as a bash against the game. I love this game and I want to see it grow..not flounder and eventually die but with mechanics the way they are now..I will never play it.

-The Axyx

Penguin

That’s a giant text…
    And I have to agree at some parts.

Derick

Lvl 148 USWest
    Goblin

There’s really a lot there for me to pick apart what I do and dont agree with.

The thing I most disagree wth is that archery needs to be considerably strong at the same time that range on ww should be nerfed. Archery has been strong in the past and when its strong – its verystrong because kiting is so easy in ML.

What I liked most is something that many before you have suggested – mace nerfs. The club meta is far too strong in my opinion, too, and it really is unfortunate that there’s only 1 viable weapon option for pvp.

And what I have to say to you about the devs reading the forums is that they do in fact read the forums and consider player suggestions. Just don’t expect quick results. I’ve played for over a year now and used to be a lot more active here. It took me 3 or 4 months of reposting my suggestion at the time before I finally saw it implemented (it was the swap command). But it did happen. Currently the game only has one or two devs, so patience is truely a virtue here. But however long it takes, the game will continually improve. I cant blane you for not wanting to stick around and wait through it. I feel the same way. But maybe stop back again in the future and it might be a lot closer to the game we know it can be.

Suffer

Lvl 355 USEast2
    Wolf

Only just read this as i posted mine. i agree with almost everything here. nice 1!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Some Thangs To Thank On’ is closed to new replies.