Rates of Decay per Map

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Rates of Decay per Map

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Penguin

Hi guys, I’m wondering if anyone knows the rates of decay for each map roughly. I ask as a friend had their house in Wellington raided twice. In one case they repaired their walls to 100% on night, and when they logged in the following day some of their walls had decayed and someone had taken their things.

My guess from this is that the rate of decay is higher in Welli than it is in Galebrook? Which leads me to wonder what the rate of decay is in the underground, galebrook, etc?

Stars

Lvl 37 SEAsia
    Turtle

I think you may be missing some information here.

Wellington, UnderGround, and GaleBrook have IDENTICAL DECAY RATES Deep Caves and Underworld have slightly different rules and rates but I won’t go into them since it’s not important for all intensive purposes.

Somethings that are to consider though, if a wall/structure does not have two adjoined structures, it decays 3x as fast, and is more likely to be targeted by “decay ticks” which are meant to randomly attack structures, but in this case it’s getting targeted for only being a stand alone wall or only having 1 adjoined wall/structure, and I’m not sure but I believe such walls take double “decay ticks” damage.

Take for example.

#xxx#
    X###x
    X###x
    X###x
    #xxx#

Where x = wall and # = open space.

Since the corners are empty, the nearby walls can decay out in less then 24 hours, easily due to these mechanics.

Xxxxx
    X###x
    X###x
    X###x
    Xxxxx

In this example the corners are filled and meet the two adjoined structures requirements to slow decaying, such structure won’t crack for 4 days, won’t break for at least 5.

Enjoy!

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

Nobbi is 100% right here – the random decay ticks that he’s talking about DO take into consideration whether the wall has supporting structures. people who try to build round(ish) homes or designs without corners will run into more issues with the walls that do not have supporting walls or structures (animal gates, towers, etc.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rates of Decay per Map’ is closed to new replies.