PvP Sucks

Home Forums Mystera Discussion PvP Sucks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

It’s 10% hitting your opponent and 90% running around on lag-filled servers spamming abilities as everyone dashes around or in to each other.

Why are abilities so overpowered in player versus player combat?

Polar Bear

They should probably give dash a much longer cooldown. so if its 2 seconds, make it 20 for example.

oooor start giving abilities stacking cooldowns that double cooldown for each stack. I think other games might refer to this as exhaustion.

So lets say a skills cooldown is 5 seconds, the 2nd time it would be 10 seconds, 3rd time 20 seconds, 4th time 40 seconds. with stacks being removed every minute. So if you use an ability to frequently you will start stacking and you will eventually max out a 1 minute cooldowns unless you wait awhile for your number of stacks on that skill to reduce. They could just indicate the number of stacks with a number in a corner of the skill.

Erected

Lvl 164 London
    Goblin

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  Erected.
    Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

So lets say a skills cooldown is 5 seconds, the 2nd time it would be 10 seconds, 3rd time 20 seconds, 4th time 40 seconds. with stacks being removed every minute. So if you use an ability to frequently you will start stacking and you will eventually max out a 1 minute cooldowns unless you wait awhile for your number of stacks on that skill to reduce. They could just indicate the number of stacks with a number in a corner of the skill.

Yeah that sounds like a nice idea, it’s too easy to run with dash and it makes frostbite entirely useless. Ability damage is way too powerful when majority of the combat involves dashing in and out of frame waiting out the cd on whirlwind or disorient and relying mostly or only on those abilities to actually get the kill.

Polar Bear

Increasing cooldowns is a terrible idea because skill spam is all that makes PvP anything more than two people standing next to each other swinging their weapons. You may as well roll dice instead of fighting. At least abilities making fighting more dynamic and give the feeling of making the fight less random.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

So an rng mechanic makes for good combat, got it. 60% chance for a player to block a whirlwind attack which makes or breaks a fight and that is ridiculous because it hinges combat purely on burst damage and running away.

Polar Bear

what actually happens if someone is frostbitted and they dash? i assume they dash as normal.

it would be nice if frost bite was a counter to dash. like it disables their dash skill until it wears off.

Narcissist

Lvl 59 USEast
    Goblin

Pvp has a lot to it on here, granted it is rng heavy you still need to be in their tier of strength to have decent odds unless you outplay. Notable aspects of pvp not being mentioned here are foods and traps. timing shell and removing shield for more dps. A bunch of people just wacking each other will always be just that until its a fight where people know what they are doing then it gets kinda neat.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

I agree with you Souize but I still think ability damage is way too high at times and the cd is much too fast on many of the abilities. It’s rather difficult to utilize traps without prior setup and they can just end up getting dashed over anyways or if the going gets tough it is quite easy to dash away if you’ve got a better dash than your opponent.

Something that should also be resolved is screen swapping in combat. I’m guilty of doing this myself but I can certainly tell it’s a detriment to combat especially if you or the person you are fighting is playing on a phone or simply have poor internet or a poor PC and takes a longer time to load during screen switching.

Niconicolas

Lvl 56 SEAsia2
    Polar Bear

without active skills it would be the same but even worse,because assassin lvls would almost always determine who wins.sitting next to eachother with their mace,shields which were made more rng than ever and who crits more than the other person

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

No one is suggesting that they be taken away though, I don’t see what’s so unreasonable about having a gradually increasing cool down when you’re using abilities too frequently, it requires more strategy than dash > disorient > ww > shell > dash > healing rain. 5 second incremental increases are significant but not that terrible and level of book still matters because all players are affected by a cool down mechanic equally.

Narcissist

Lvl 59 USEast
    Goblin

I like the power being a big draw, makes finding the good books feel great and forgetting them makes a need to find more and a reason to level research high. If you are doing pvp odds are you have all the max abilities and they wont have a higher dash. I don’t think a global cooldown or even an increase to all of them would be that bad but I don’t feel it would change much. You’d have to start the cd combo with shell since you can’t chain them and then they just back off, you can’t dash after right away due to cooldown. Idk I think it would make fighting a little more scripted and blah.

Assassin doesn’t add more to fights than rng on a non sb crit, with or without abilities that hit will usually decide the fight if you can’t back away and recover. I do think the last sb update made it less rng from my experience fighting Derick the person winning is a lot more consistent now than pre-update.

Narcissist

Lvl 59 USEast
    Goblin

I would like to test a cd system, it’s really hard to say how it would impact gameplay in pvp and uw.
    Neat idea

Polar Bear

So an rng mechanic makes for good combat

That’s not what I said. I said that flatly increasing ability cooldowns reduces fighting to more weapon swinging, which is no better than ability spam. It just serves to make the fight less interesting and less environment-dependant, which is a major determining factor in fights and contributes to the overall strategy.

I’m not saying the system couldn’t be improved but I don’t think that’s the way to do it. I do believe however that global ability cooldowns are somewhat inevitable given that if any more damage abilities were added, the possible burst damage combos would be far too powerful.

GBM

Lvl 200 USTexas
    Wolf

if activated skills were nerfed though people might start using spear and bow more probably. I find it sad that all the weapons except mace are useless in pvp.

I think if spear/bow were viable it would make PVP much more interesting… but they wont be until there are changes to the abilities.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PvP Sucks’ is closed to new replies.