Not Sure If This Is A "Bug" Per Se

Home Forums Bug Reports Not Sure If This Is A "Bug" Per Se

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Turtle

Apparently, someone can place a very indistinguishable ‘stairs’ in the middle of the road, and unsuspecting travelers through Galebrook will find themselves ‘warped’ into an underground area, surrounded by Towers, and they lose their stuff.

BAR has been using this trick to ‘farm’ players for their gear, money and loot, and it ensnares as many newbies as it does veteran players. The trap is set up to prevent movement so you can’t escape, and unless your eyes are peeled, you won’t even see the stairs very clearly on the road.

I talked to them about it and they chortled, jeered, and laughed about how “there are no rules in Mystera”, so I’m bringing this to the attention of the Devs. I think the people building the Towers should be subject to Infamy if their towers are killing passersby who are minding their own business and accidently fall into a trap meant to circumvent the Infamy system (but still steal people’s stuff).

They’ve boasted openly about sitting upon a hoarde of gold, so this is escalating pretty quickly, but apparently has had a lot of time to get as bad as it is now.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

its not a bug unless a reasonable person absolutely cannot tell that there are stairs there due to some sort of visual glitch (which has been corrected before, I think). for example:

if the stairs are in the road under an object larger than the stairs (like a raft, or other item) and you go to pick the object and fall down the stairs well, you were simply tricked

if the stairs LOOKED like the actual road or a floor tile then I would say it would potentially be a bug, which should be reported via the contact form

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Yeah it would help to actually know what you are seeing when you walk over these stairs. I suspect it’s a road tile removed and replaced with stairs at which point they set a floor tiling and place a wooden plank over the stairs. If this is the case then no it’s not a bug and you will just have to be careful about walking over wood floors randomly placed on a road or walking over decayed bases with wood flooring in general.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

oh yeah, I didn’t think about planks – same basic thing though and well within the game parameters. stay on road tiles, be cautious walking over large items or wooden tiles that appear to be conveniently in your path 🙂

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Although there may be a bug if it’s true that you cannot move at all after going down the stairs. Stairs are supposed to be considered blocked if there is no room for a player to move when going up or down them.

However, a temporary solution for dealing with this is to simply use your dash ability while on top of the stairs and since you are blocked from moving the dash causes you to use the stairs and go up/down. This has the same effect if you dash in to a player instead of a wall.

Turtle

What is this Dash Ability? The only ability I’ve ever had was Whirlwind.

And yeah, they didn’t place the stairs in plain view; one of the members said it was one of her harebrained ‘ideas while high’ that she went through with.

If any of you care to, maybe make an account on USW, and travel to Galebrook from Crossroads, and take the 2nd road going South, and tell me if you can spot where the stairs are, and maybe post a screenshot so I will know what to look out for?

I honestly thought I had been hit with some kind of java attack or something to have been ‘ported into that place and killed. Nobody was forthcoming about what had happened to me until one of the more lucid players commented on it (since he’d fallen in too) and mentioned the stairs.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

dash is a spellbook, it allows you to move forward a certain # of spaces with speed and some damage. whirlwind is lost with use and can be relearned with a whirlwind spellbook, replaced by a different spell from a different spellbook, or you can unlock multiple spells.

stairs that are not in plain view are not a bug, just a tactic

Turtle

Dude I just walked to where you said…..it’s literally a freakin set of stairs in the road…..no way you can’t tell….like ITS A SET OF STAIRS!!!!! and you can clearly move down there. Max you’re just jaded that you walked into a stair trap that was placed in clear view. Any one that would like to see said stair should walk the 250 east west road from MS and watch for the green effing stairs in the road to the north after the first building.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Well this guy does seem like he complains a lot about mechanics of the game that he hasn’t learned or doesn’t understand so that’s not very surprising, I probably shouldn’t have been baited in to responding to his trolling at all.

PolarStar

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Goblin

My stairs trap is very visible. It’s not being covered by any towers or fake floor. Your blind if you can’t see MY GREEN staircase sitting at 38, 248. Stop going down random stairs and crying about it

PolarStar

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Goblin

screenshot of Said stairtrap that is supposing invisible
    https://ibb.co/c2WNt9

This is plain sight on the 250 road

whoever is forum mod deleted my last one I triedd to upload

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Not Sure If This Is A "Bug" Per Se’ is closed to new replies.