Mystery of the Vanishing Trading Counters

Home Forums Bug Reports Mystery of the Vanishing Trading Counters

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

I made a bunch of trading counters in a line and two of them broke within 24 hours. Yesterday I replaced the first one that was gone and today it had lost 150k HP in about 12 hours, and a second counter nearby had vanished. Rest just have a normal amount of decay. Towers behind them have no targets and there’s no other damage, so it doesn’t appear to be a player.

The affected squares are 390,192 and 390,194 on the USE server.

Polar Bear

Not sure if this can explain it, but where the counters that broke supported from 2 sides? Decay of unsupported structures has been increased significantly:

-Decay was changed a few days ago to help clear the ruins a bit faster. Nature adjacent floor tiles will decay noticeably faster. Normal supported structures were only increased by 1% (4%->5%). Unsupported structures (touching less than 2 adjacent structures) have been increased to 60% but can’t decay until the structure is at least a minute old.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

It’s a continuous line of counters until one breaks, each counter was touching something on both sides be it another counter or a wall. 🙂

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

Still happening, this counter has only been up for about 10 hours.

Because there’s a weird shadow on the trading counter between 390,192 and 390,194 I’m going to destroy it and replace with something else to see if that makes a difference, maybe the game doesn’t realize something is built on 390,193 for some reason.

I’ll check back again in a couple hours.

Edit: When I destroyed the 390,193 counter it also dropped 1 raw meat.

For… some reason…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  Seryn.
    Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

hajjie put this wall up a few minutes ago to replace one of resin’s broken trading counters and it’s already down 20%. Square is 217,248. He says all the trading counters were heavily damaged except the one farthest to the right which had full HP.

Stone wall at 209,247 (same shop) was also much more damaged than the walls around it.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

I’m finding suspiciously low HP trading counters at other stores up and down the street btw, compared to the rest of the buildings they’re in. I can’t know for sure without being the one to own/maintain them but this seems pretty weird.

To test I’m repairing all the shop fronts on the main road to see how they look in a couple hours.

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

I’ve been busy working on a client update but am keeping track of server issues so thanks for putting this info together.

What I think is happening is that in some rare cases an item can sneak under a counter, like the raw meat I can see the outline of just under one of your counters in the screenshot. This raw meat failed the check as a supporting structure and caused super decay on the nearby counter.

As to how the item got there it’s a little complicated to describe.. but it’s basically a database hiccup relating to an item decaying, a structure being built, and a server reset. It should be somewhat rare so I’m keeping this one on low priority as I try to finish the client patch. If something changes I’ll take another look. Thanks.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

Thank you! 😀

To test I’m repairing all the shop fronts on the main road to see how they look in a couple hours.

All the shops looked fine except one, which had counters down 20-40%. I repaired it just in case I’d missed it earlier and I’ll check on it again later.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mystery of the Vanishing Trading Counters’ is closed to new replies.