Mystera Botting Drama [SEA] lets discuss! :) all server INVITED

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Mystera Botting Drama [SEA] lets discuss! :) all server INVITED

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Wolf

Mystera Legacy BOT DRAMA https://imgur.com/gallery/bKCY4

I have couple question :

1.) I just got know, actually admin allowing player to do botting/script to gain adventage….

And could someone tell me url where the rules allow it?

2.) It isnt IN EVERY MMORPG botting is illegal? does this makes sense?

3.) Does we really need TO DO botting in 2D sandbox game? and ruinning other player gameplay? even in BETA?

***I dont think admin even read this post and care since already pass 2 years, but i havent see any BOT’ers not even get banned / make counter for botting.
    ***mostly BOT’ers is SUPPORTER

FYI: i do not hate the GAME. This game has good mechanicsm ADMIN will make it even more complex.

Erected

Lvl 388 Europe
    Goblin

Dude, you gotta chill out, the conversation you posted was not even about botting, it was about how you have to crush someone when they try to hurt you ingame (AKA PVP) to actually get freedom, half the server have already muted you so just stop already.

Here are the rules:
    http://www.mysteralegacy.com/forums/topic/forum-and-game-rules/

Cheers.

Wolf

i think the most popular botter is triggered…

please show me where the the rules says admin allow BOT? :p

meh.

Beusy

Lvl 74 London
    Turtle

Quoting @Eradomens from another post like this :

Allow me to quote the admin’s own words to you, in regards to your apparent report of our tribe.

“Before I talk about who is receiving this I want to go over the ‘one rule’ again. This is the only in-game rule on the website that gets shared and passed around so people will be well aware of it: If you find an exploit then report it, don’t abuse it. It’s common sense in any online beta. The act of finding exploits is very helpful – and in some cases I’ve even awarded diamonds for receiving specifics on reproducing them (as long as they weren’t abused). If you don’t report those specifics right away though then it is very unhelpful because it wastes my time looking through logs and trying to reproduce things on my test server. Also if you are a friend or tribemate who learns about the exploit abuse (especially if you know anything about how it’s performed) then even if you don’t use it yourself you may get a punishment just for hiding information from the developer. When in doubt send a contact form with what you know.

Some people use simple scripts to perform repeated actions or look up data provided to the client like coordinates – that is generally okay. If you start manipulating network packets or performing a certain action to exploit a bug in the server code that allows you to do something in a way you shouldn’t be able to then that obviously isn’t okay – especially if it affects balance or hurts other players. So basically feel free to find exploits but be sure to report everything about them – otherwise you will eventually be tracked whether you know it or not, and could lose a lot of progress in the future making your efforts wasted.”

You can find the above text in the February dev notes. Here’s the link to those notes: http://www.mysteralegacy.com/forums/topic/dev-notes-february/.

As you can see in the above quote and post itself, the only rule of the game is no abusing exploits. Scripting is currently allowed until you make a script that abuses exploits or manipulates network packets.

So yes, the admin has no issue with scripting in his game otherwise a certainly large portion of his community would find themselves reset.

Though I won’t bother to respond to the allegations of Frost Legion/Fleet botting, I will respond to the allegations of mindlessly KOS-ing other players. As should be fairly obvious given the length the current server has been up, we do know such thing and never have. But certainly players, such as yourself, like to play up the fact that we KOS people that are by their own call at war with us, to make it sound as if we KOS everyone who ever even bothered to breathe in the game.

So nice of you to voice your complaint and opinion on our activities but Admin’s opinion on the issue of scripting has already been voiced in his “one rule” motto for the game.

Penguin

@alxnryndo, you should have posted this in the other forum post, lol. I don’t see why you decided to start a new post about the same topic. But yeah read what beusy quoted ^ (it was in the other forum post btw).

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

I don’t think it really matters whether or not the rules explicitly state botting/scripting/macros are or are not allowed (though I can hardly think of many cases where it’s expressly permitted) but I think it’s obvious to anyone with a brain that these things do give unfair advantages and in a perfect world we would certainly want the admin to deal with these abusers.

However, botting is difficult to police and it’s hard to tell the difference between a guy digging on an alt for hours and a bot doing it without the admin manually inspecting this himself which I’m sure he lacks time to do.

I’ve had the botting discussion many times across multiple games and the arguments are always the same from the botters, “I just enjoy coding and scripting,” “The admin didn’t forbid it,” “I’m not hurting anyone” and they never change their tune.

So sure, one solution is to enforce rules against botting and scripting but I think the alternative and better method would be to improve on the mechanics that are easily susceptible to botting by ensuring people who choose to play fairly can take advantage of mechanics in the same way bots can or to build the mechanics around systems that limit the advantages of botting as much as possible.

I am curious though how long @admin intends to allow a certain group of players to continually detract players from his game across several servers.

Polar Bear

is the person botting myst or something? because other than that and the assassin skill, most other skills wont give to much of an advantage against other players.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

is the person botting myst or something? because other than that and the assassin skill, most other skills wont give to much of an advantage against other players.

You can gain advantages through resource gathering and increasing crafting too though. The ability to craft high level rune gear and give that to your allies is an incredibly huge advantage especially in the early game when really no one should have this type of gear yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mystera Botting Drama [SEA] lets discuss! :) all server INVITED’ is closed to new replies.