Mechanics of digging water tiles

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Mechanics of digging water tiles

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Penguin

I think many will agree that changing the algorithm of digging water is very inconvenient, if many will agree, maybe JVH will return the old one …

Polar Bear

It’s not hard to dig the adjacent waterbtilesntondeep again I believe it’s changed because everyone is afking water tiles or Botting them

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

if you’re not afk-ing (or autoing, or botting, or whatever) its really not that hard to deal with. make three deep water spots XXX <-stand here and dig. when the one ahead of turns to dirt, move forward, make the middle one deep again, back up, and continue. takes a little more attention but only a few extra seconds.

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

I dont understand why people that afk clay digging should be punished like that because dev couldnt find better way to deal with bots

Wolf

+1 I think that people who defend this change dont dig too often, of course most diggers do so while afk and even with old algorithm it wasnt easy or quick get clay, with the change now it is a complete pain in the ass, please dev change it to the old one.

Polar Bear

I dig just about everyday and have 2k clay I think ur wrong on that assumption just can’t afk to long can still afk just have to watch water tiles I do xxxxx then dig the middle one when I come back I dig the water to deep water then start again takes 2 secs to change em all back

Gawain

Lvl 147 USWest
    Polar Bear

This was definitely one of the more annoying of recent changes. It’s bad in gale, but it’s worse in Wellington where re-channeling the water costs myst if the blocks fully convert back to dirt. It’s not just while digging for clay, but also can affect farming.

Wolf

The problem is that it is random and overly brutal when it happens, and what is happening barely makes sense from a physics standpoint. It seems that currently, around one in fifteen successful digs causes the tile you are digging to dry up as well as the tiles around it. I do lt understand how all tiles are getting dryer. It would make more send if the tile I’m digging got wetter at the cost of tiles around it, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Also, when it happens, why must it dry up *all* the spaces around it. It would make more sense if the effect was more frequent but less severe (only dry out one or two nearby tiles, not all of them) then it would be fine.

Wolf

I meant no disrecpect Hadez, and i use to dig every day a similar amount.
    But if you know how slow and tedius digging already is i cant understand how you can defend this change. One of the things i love about this game is the fact that you can improve your character training in dummies, digging etc. afk while cooking, watching a movie etc, you just need to learn the timing in each skill.
    Would you also agree if dev decide to make you change the side you can hit in a dummie randomly? The principle is the same and also would take only a few seconds.
    Im just saying it doesnt make sense in either case, people will keep boting in better skills than digging, or also on digging, since it only affect to the amount of clay you can make afk and is not fair for people who just dig afk.

Polar Bear

I can agree with the fact that the only people affected by this is the afkers could easily make a bot to counter water tile decay

Wolf

Thanks Dev for listening and being reasonable about it 🙂

Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

Did the Dev change it back? Or are you just thanking him for listening?

Enzymes

Lvl 109 London
    Goblin

Nevermind, I saw the dev notes.

Wolf

i do support this change, not even bother me at all. im pretty happy since less bot’ter. hopefully they fix another mechanic so less people can botting.

if ya want fair, just make official bot instead. so everyone can botting aswell.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mechanics of digging water tiles’ is closed to new replies.