Lag

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Niconicolas

Lvl 56 SEAsia2
    Polar Bear

There needs to be atleast 1 server reset every 12-24 hours.The lag in UST and every other server is obvious and its making alot of players quit
    Today i died because the game just freezed in uw, making me lose more than 50k myst and hours worth of grinding skills for something that wasnt even my fault
    If this isnt fixed i will quit, and alot of other people will too

Kaylovespie

Lvl 2 London
    Skeleton

Hi Niconicolas, the dev is actively working in the background to reduce lag and a new server will be added soon which should help as well.

Niconicolas

Lvl 56 SEAsia2
    Polar Bear

Adding a new server is worthless,only works for that people that want to appear in leaderboards or start fresh because they didnt do well in the other 4 servers.
    EU already has low activity,and lowering the activity of other servers isnt the way to reduce lag,because that splits the players making all the servers have only 30-50 players max,and thats pretty boring.
    Its not hard to make server resets every 24 hours,and thats all we are asking for right now.

Polar Bear

While adding a new server may offset the population, it’s not the problem. The problem is that the game (or at least the UST server) is not very well optimized in the first place, we get lag and disconnects when the game has 25-40 people on.

Polar Bear

I agree with everyone here, however many people also want a new server. So if both a new server is added, and lag is fixed, then everything would be A+ to me

Polar Bear

This topic is not about a new server, there are plenty of places in which to complain about that.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

the dev is actively working in the background to reduce lag and a new server will be added soon which should help as well.

But adding UST didn’t appear to have any positive effect on the lag issues at all, what is splitting up the player base further supposed to accomplish? In my opinion server upgrades are needed, not new ones.

Penguin

“…the dev is actively working in the background to reduce lag and a new server will be added soon which should help as well.”

So Dev is working on both, or just new server, hoping it’ll help?

Barely been able to play at all for the past week, and was only able to mine before that…

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

Can’t even do underworld.

Lagging, warping around almost every step I take.

Game freezing

Le sigh!

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

UPDATE: Looks like the server restarts on USE fixed the underworld lag..for now :D.

Polar Bear

Hate to state the obvious, but… The more players online, the heavier the load on server, the more lag. Another server, less players per server, less lag on average.

Polar Bear

I do want a new server, but I think the lag has nothing to do with the amount of people online. Even with few people, it can lag like hell.

Erected

Lvl 392 Europe
    Goblin

The thing that we need as players who want to enjoy the game in it’s full spectrum is to have scheduled daily resets in the servers. Kinda like every 12h a reset to avoid CPU overload and keep the machine fresh avoiding lag spikes, warps, and all kind. I really think that it’s the easiest way to give all the players a better experience and won’t be hard to set up and scheduled reset with a server message warning with 15/10/5 mins in a sequence to have all players get to their beds safely and don’t be teleported around.
    And that’s all it is, the servers are fine, in UST we love to have 80 players peak and the game is quite well in terms of lag for 12h or maybe a bit more after a server restart.
    But please, those restarts have to be with a warn, spawning in an enemy tribe base with ancient gear cause u were training isn’t funny.

Cheers

Derick

Lvl 95 London
    Goblin

^This. For the love of all things holy, please implement some sort of warning message before server resets. I’ll spawn across the map with a full 5 pages full of iron maces because I was power training clubbing. 25k carry weight and no compass or sense of where I am.. Its not fun.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lag’ is closed to new replies.