Infamy feature specifications

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Infamy feature specifications

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Turtle

Hi Admin,

This is an infamy post but different as you can see per title. While a lot players dislike the new infamy system in genenal, I think having infamy is essential to a sandbox game with a heart of embracing all playstyles namely murder and theft. Players dislike the current infamy for lots of reasons which I will not cover in this post since I am sure you have had enough. Here is my suggestion to a slighly different infamy system and how it can be implemented.

infamy status
    1. Any player who initiates an attack to other player who does not have infamous stack will be given infamous stack.
    2. Any player who initiates an attack to other player who has any infamous stack will not be given infamous stack.
    3. Infamous stack is given based on a base value and scales up according to how many more skill lvl total that the attacker has higher than the defender.
    4. Infamous stack doesn’t give any debuff. (I think we try to make the game closer to reality whenever it makes sense?)
    5. Infamous player will be attacked by market towers.
    6. Infamous player drops more item upon death depends on how high their infamous stack is.

/killmode command
    1. Adding a /killmode command which accepts two inputs: justice and outlaw
    2. /killmode justice
    System notice: (Default mode) only initiate attack to infamous players.
    This is the proper protection for new players and protection for old players from being harrasted by newbies
    3. /killmode outlaw
    System notice: Attack all players regardless of infamy status.

This should make a decent infamy system. Let me know your thoughts or if you need more info.

Goblin

Those are some great fixes my only problem is for those trolls who are non violent cannot be killed unless they attack you causing frustration and allowing trolls to cause mischief. So if i were to kill a new account which someone made to troll i will be punished making it very difficult to prevent them. We need to find a balance for the non violent trolls who ruin the game this way.

Turtle

@Tiggz
    Agreed but on a different note, a kill is a kill. To the non violent griefers, killing is not a solution anyway.

Goblin

It is in a way because it keeps them away from griefing areas because they cannot reach said areas before being killed by people trying to protect the community which in the end they become bored Nd just logout

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Hey Mic, this is an interesting suggestion. For the most part what you describe is actually how the current system works, which is similar to some other games too. I think some recent changes and bugfixes have confused people about this.

The main difference is that you suggest replacing the slow debuff with an item drop debuff, where they drop more items on death. I like it – It’s definitely worth thinking about. The only worry is that I have had some cases where mid level players couldn’t hope to catch a higher level infamous criminal to get justice. Sometimes they are the fastest player on the server which gives them near invincibility. Will talk about it with other testers, maybe there could be a compromise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Infamy feature specifications’ is closed to new replies.