Explain reincarnation?

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Explain reincarnation?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    navelint

Lvl 35 USTexas
    Penguin

Can someone explain reincarnation, ascension, blue stars, and level caps to me? I’ve read the guide, and it gives the basics, but I still have a lot of questions.

What is the starting level cap? 60?
    Does reincarnation really only increase this cap by 1??
    What are the different reasons for doing reincarnation vs. ascension?
    When you get a blue star in a skill, is leveling that skill similar to starting from level 10 or does it level like normal?
    Is there any reason to get skills higher than 100?

Polar Bear

What is the starting level cap? 60?

Yes. It’s 60.

Does reincarnation really only increase this cap by 1??

Yes, +1 level cap per reincarnation. You also get +5% exp and myst bonus.

What are the different reasons for doing reincarnation vs. ascension?

Ascension: less grind/effort/time investment, more consistent power level and quicker payoff
    Reincarnation: medium to long term playstyle for people who play a lot and don’t want to run out of things to grind

When you get a blue star in a skill, is leveling that skill similar to
    starting from level 10 or does it level like normal?

Getting blue stars doesn’t affect the xp you need to increase the skill level. You just start at level 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100. I’d say that IS normal…

Is there any reason to get skills higher than 100?

No. Admin says he plans to add a reason. You can expect that along with taming to happen god-knows-when.

Also, no offense but I feel like some of these questions are already answered by the resources you have available. Like the level cap question…

Reinc text

Ahnna

Lvl 19 USTexas
    Goblin

Ok, so the starting level cap is 60.
    Reincarnating really does only increase your level cap by 1.
    With reincarnating, you start off at level 0 again, but with one level having a blue star,aka having the efficiency of (for the first blue star) level 10. When you reincarnate, you do not lose blue stars, or when you die. With ascending, you are basically keeping everything, but spending myst on the ascension upgrade. With ascending you are leveling up and keeping everything with out a level cap(as I understand it), but if you die, you still lose levels, both skills and main. With reincarnating, you will still lose levels when you die, but if you have a blue star in a skill then it will stay at that blue star. If you have one blue star in sword, and you die, you will still have that star, even if the yellow stars you earned where knocked down.

Say you just reincarnated, and you have one blue star in chopping; your going to be chopping with 10 chopping right off the bat, but there is no experience in that skill. Its like an advantage, its already at level 10, but you don’t have the experience in there that you would like if another skill was level 10.
    And I don’t know if there is a reason to get skills higher than 100, I’m not there yet, maybe ask Zealotwraith? If this is confusing sorry.

navelint

Lvl 35 USTexas
    Penguin

To be fair, that looks like in game text that isn’t shown anywhere else. And the guide doesn’t clearly explain what blue stars mean for leveling skills. It says this, which has a grammar error that makes it confusing:

Every blue star gained in one skill requires a slightly level in that skill to attain it as your top skill again.

What does “…requires a slightly level…” mean? Leveling a skill normally means the skill starts at 0 and gains levels really fast. If you have a blue star, does it start at level 10, and then levels normally from 10 to 20? Or it still levels like it would from 0 to 10, i.e. fast, but you just get +10 levels from the blue star?

And I was surprised that level cap is only raised by 1 with reincarnation given that people on leader boards have levels 100 to 150 and above. Surely they didn’t reincarnate 90+ times?? I guess it’s a combination of reincarnation and ascension?

skyler1212

Lvl 100 USTexas
    Polar Bear

It levels normally you just start off with the previous 10 levels completed already.
    Some people only ascend, some people reincarnate, some people stop reincarnating and then start ascending. In theory it’s designed to allow you to go back and forth depending on how you want to play. And yes there are people who have reincarnated over 90 times.

Polar Bear

To be fair, that looks like in game text that isn’t shown anywhere else. And the guide doesn’t clearly explain what blue stars mean for leveling skills.

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. As someone who did their research let me educate you since you couldn’t be bothered to fact check your own statements. You should prepare an ice pack before reading the rest of my reply.

First off, it’s completely irrelevant to the matter whether or not that in game text is shown anywhere else. Was that a diversionary tactic? You’ll have to do better than that, mister.

Secondly, that information is reiterated on the Mystera Legacy Wiki at the Reincarnation page. And the guide you said you read.

DO YOUR RESEARCH
    Seriously. This is embarassing.

Your statement about that information not being available elsewhere is not only irrelevant but it’s also false. Please do your research before wasting our time with wrong statements.

https://mysteralegacy.wikia.com/wiki/Reincarnation

Since you said you read the guide, I don’t need to link it to you. Just read it thoroughly this time, okay?

It says this, which has a grammar error that makes it confusing:

Every blue star gained in one skill requires a slightly level in that skill to attain it as your top skill again.

What does “…requires a slightly level…” mean? Leveling a skill normally means the skill starts at 0 and gains levels really fast.

That’s supposed to say slightly increased.

If you have a blue star, does it start at level 10, and then levels normally from 10 to 20? Or it still levels like it would from 0 to 10, i.e. fast, but you just get +10 levels from the blue star?

This question was answered already. If you’re a troll, you should find new material. It doesn’t matter what your levels are from, the amount of experience required to gain a level in a skill is the same. I don’t think I can be clearer than this…

And I was surprised that level cap is only raised by 1 with reincarnation given that people on leader boards have levels 100 to 150 and above. Surely they didn’t reincarnate 90+ times?? I guess it’s a combination of reincarnation and ascension?

Anyone else starting to think navelint is only here to be as difficult as they can be and are not actually trying to learn more? I’ve been trolling for 10 years and honestly this dude seems like a newbie to shitposting. I’d rate this shitpost 4/10 because researching all of this information took me 4 minutes.

TL;DR

Ahnna

Lvl 19 USTexas
    Goblin

They might not know, like genuinely not know, please give them the benefit of the doubt.

Polar Bear

They might not know, like genuinely not know, please give them the benefit of the doubt.

I’ve read the guide

given that people on leader boards have levels 100 to 150 and above. Surely they didn’t reincarnate 90+ times??

@ahnna By their own admission navelint has read the guide and checked the leaderboards. Do you realize navelint was thorough enough to point out a grammar mistake in the guide – proving that they are capable of retaining a sentence – but not thorough enough to retain the one sentence (or blue star count) that would’ve answered their question?

Maybe if they focused more on reading everything and less on pointing out grammar mistakes, their overall knowledge base would increase without the need of anyone giving them the benefit of the doubt?

Anyway, my point is that the benefit of the doubt is for people who haven’t confirmed their ability to pay attention to details by pointing out a grammar mistake. I’m (really not) sorry if it’s unreasonable to expect someone who can do that to also notice that the guide DID have the info that they need and that the leaderboards DID confirm that someone reinced 90+ times…

Ahnna

Lvl 19 USTexas
    Goblin

Ok

Polar Bear

Ahnna

Lvl 19 USTexas
    Goblin

Nah man, I’m just tired. I am agreeing with you, thats why I said ok.

navelint

Lvl 35 USTexas
    Penguin

To your genuine surprise, I am actually new, and this was not an attempt at a shit post. The link to reincarnation on the wiki is indeed helpful and had all the information I was looking for. I couldn’t find it because it’s “hidden” on mobile:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JRzlT8s.jpg[/IMG]

If you swipe left on that first row under quick links then it shows up. Only found that now after hunting for it. And yes I did Google “mysteria legacy reincarnation”. And no, the reincarnation wiki page doesn’t show up.

As for leaderboards, I only looked at the leaderboard for UST, where nobody had more than around 50 blues, yet had levels 150+. If it did I just missed it.

So I read the guide multiple times, which really does not explain the details I was after. Perhaps I was overthinking it, but I was genuinely confused and looking for some help.

Thank you to the you other folks that were actually nice. I appreciate it.

And Badboy, I realize you’re tying to embody your name here, but if you care at all about growing the community and not driving every new player away, I would suggest taking it down a notch. Just an observation. If not, no big deal. You do you, my friend. Namaste.

Polar Bear

not driving every new player away

With all due respect, that’s Admin’s job. This game has a horrible player retention rate. I don’t have the numbers to back it up but I have experience with webgames that do a bad job of teaching new players the ropes. People join, maybe by the dozens every hour and leave just as fast.

This generation of gamers is all about instant gratification. On mobile especially, a lot of people aren’t going to want to play a game where you have to read an essay just to understand what’s going on. Some people are, but most aren’t. So they’ll mess around in newbie for a while, maybe figure out that signs have useful information for them but I bet most don’t realize what this game has to offer, write it off as boring and leave!

The fact that Admin still hasn’t learned from Mystera Legends and that Newbie village still relies on signs/guides/wikis to give new players vital information that could extend their playtime is kind of proof that Admin’s priority isn’t player retention. My guess is that his priority is getting this game ready for the play store but I really wish he’d double down on making this game newbie friendly. If people can’t get into the game, they won’t stay, they won’t support it and ultimately it is the community who suffers. Compare Mystera’s newbie experience with RuneScape’s to understand how a game can be successful even if the community is really toxic because the newbie experience actually helps people get into the game and get educated!

By the way, I’m sure lots of people would agree that it would be best if I stopped being so abrasive. But that’s a circlejerk for Global chat, because me acting like a decent person wouldn’t stop all of the noobs that you never see leave newbie village from quitting the game because it’s not my fault. It’s because Admin failed to create an engaging tutorial experience that doesn’t require people to study documentation for a while like they’re reading a manual for a new product they just bought…

navelint

Lvl 35 USTexas
    Penguin

Well I’m not one of noobs that wants to be spoon fed. I was literally looking everywhere for the details on reincarnation and could not find it. I even watched the one YouTube video about some guy reincarnating. He didn’t explain anything. The guide itself is a bit vague and that grammar error was really throwing me. Really if I had found that wiki page you linked to, I would not have posted on the forum. I don’t know why it didn’t show up on Google. I should have just searched the wiki. Anyway, just, you know, try not to jump to conclusions about me next time? I’ll see ya around.

Polar Bear

I think there’s a big difference between spoon feeding and making information accessible without a deliberate and concentrated effort from new players.

You shouldn’t have to watch youtube videos just to understand how to play a game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Explain reincarnation?’ is closed to new replies.